Job horary - significators and timing

I am new here, and hope to get some comments on a horary chart.

Question: Will I get the job, and if so when?

Thu. July 8th, 2004
6:33pm daylight saving time (7h west)
Irvine, California USA 117w49, 33N40

Background: I applied for a job and got 3 interviews in a hurry right away, the last interview was a week ago. I thought the job was really interesting and exciting, the money mentioned was rather low however, and I don't know if the new venture will be successful or not. Then I have not heard back since. The position is a Project Director/ General Manager for a new startup in consulting and software development.

I can see so far:

Asc in Sagit, ruler: Jupiter in 9th house of travel. The job is based in the US, but involves dealing with partners in SE Asia, may involve travel, or long-distance communications. Jup = 14:24 Virgo

Management job, and work in general: 10th house, Libra, ruler: Venus = 11:7 Gemini

Venus will aspect Jupiter by square in 3 degrees: Answer is YES

A number of questions:

1. How do I calculate timing? I lost this part of my lessons.

2. Is the Moon always used as the co-significator for me? Moon is at 14:15 Aries and does not seem to aspect Jupiter.

3. Moon and Jupiter will aspect Pluto (20:13 Sag), or do they? Does this count as a translation of lights?

3. Moon will also coming up to a square with Saturn (16:52 Cancer). Does this mean delays and frustrations? or just plain NO?

4. Is there any significance to Venus ruler of the 10th being in the 6th house of work?

5. Is there an indication if this will turn out to be a successful move for me? or is that a different horary chart?

Many thanks in advance.

I forgot 2 more things:

Saturn is in the 7th house of the chart. Is this a stricture against considering this chart?

Ascendant (Placidus house) is at 26:21 Sag, is this chart too late to ask? and if so, what does it mean? does it mean that a person for the job has already been picked? (apparently there were 200 applicants)

Thanks, Deb, for the graphic chart.
The last information I had was I am one of the two finalists, and the company would like to have the position filled within 30 days (I guess from the start of the search, or from the first interview which was about 2 weeks ago). I don't expect this timetable to be too critical since it's a new startup company and they are still looking to rent office space.

Venus will aspect Jupiter by square in 3 degrees: Answer is YES
Actually, I think the answer is negative, because Jupiter is in detriment and Venus I think is peregrine. Squares usually mean No, especially if there is no reception between the main rulers, and there is no reception here, in addition to them being fairly debilitated.
Also, the Moon is past the sextile with Venus, seems like you made a good impression on them, but they have moved on and actually made up their mind so there's not much you can do about it now (very late ascendant).
Also, since Venus is peregrine, this job seems to have problems associated with it, it may actually be a good thing if you don't get it.
Also, Moon is about to square the Sun in 3 degrees, so I think something will come to light about this job pretty soon, but you're not going to like what you find out.
Please keep in mind I'm not an expert at this, I've only been doing this for a year or so.....
Well, good luck anyway, not all horaries have to come true.

Thanks for your thoughts, I think you may be right. I was taught that a square, as all major aspects, is a perfection and a yes answer.

In any case, as far as timing, I think days would be the logical unit to use.
Venus-Jupiter difference is 3 degrees, so it could be 3 days, or Venus will square Jupiter by transit around 19 July, so I'll see if I'd hear something then.

It's only academic, I guess, I've decided I need to move on regardless.

It's not really possible to get an answer from taking one thing in isolation but significators perfecting to a square aspect can most definitely indicate a positive answer. It is a strong contact but perhaps with some difficulty and challenges involved. With Venus being perigrine, I suspect that if you do get the job, you will find that it doesn't quite afford the status that was promised.

I would not consider an ascendant of 26? 20' a very late ascendant or too late to read.

Sue

Thanks everyone for the comments so far. Goes to show it's tough to read ones own horary chart, plus in this case Saturn is in the 7th house.

I double-checked the dignities table. Jupiter is indeed detriment but is in its own terms (14 to 18 deg Virgo). So is Venus (14 to 21 deg Gemini) and not perigrine.

Venus is weak in the 6th house and slow in motion. I agree that the job may be less than what it seems, at least it's a lot less money than could be.

You confused me for a minute there with Venus but it's actually at 11deg so not in its own terms. Venus is in Jupiter's terms (or is that what you meant?). It pays to triple check these things when Saturn is in the 7th. :) And it can be hard to read one's own horary, particularly if there is a vested interest in the outcome.

Thanks Sue for re-checking.
Just for interest, I received an email today, timestamped 2.23pm although I didn't opened it until around 6pm. The email advised that there is a delay, with one of the principals being out of the country. I will take a look at the chart later tonight.

I?d guess I?d agree with what Taurus7 said. Probably the key thing here is the relationship between Jupiter (Vegas1) and Venus (the job). There is uneven reception between the two of them. While Jupiter dignifies Venus by triplicity and term, showing a healthy interest in the job, Venus only dignifies Jupiter by term. Worse yet, Jupiter is in its own detriment and would also be in its detriment if it were where Venus is. And Venus would be in its fall if it were where Jupiter is. So any aspect between these would be from ?unfriendly? places, as I think Lilly puts it. So the job would be bad for Vegas1, and it would be bad for the company if Vegas1 worked there. As has already been pointed out, the company itself seems kind of shaky as Venus is peregrine. The company?s past shows Venus being in a square with Uranus, showing maybe some growing pains, and its future shows Venus will be trine with Neptune and opposite to Pluto. This doesn?t look good. This shows a lot of capacity for self-deception an false hopes for the company?s future. Mars shows the company?s money, as it rules the 2nd house from the 10th. There is no applying aspect between either of Vegas1?s significators and Mars doesn?t dignify Jupiter at all. So it looks like none of the company?s money is coming his way. Mars is also in the 8th house, the house of loss.

Vegas1 said that one of the principals is out of the country. Maybe that is shown by Venus being in the turned 9th house.

As Taurus7 said, the upcoming aspects of the Moon show contact by square with Saturn and the Sun, showing difficult bad news coming to light. But also just before that the Moon is sextile with Neptune that shows some false hopes about the job. The only other aspect the Moon will make is to be trine with Pluto in the 12th house. That can?t bode well. Pluto in the 12th reminds me of snake hidden in a dark pit.

Can anyone make sense out of Mercury?s role here? Venus, the company?s planet is in a sign that is ruled by Mercury so it?s clearly important here. It will soon be conjoin with Mars (the company?s money) and then sextile to Venus (the company). Mercury rules the radical 6th, 7th (just barely) and 9th houses. Perhaps if we look at the turned 9th house (the radical 6th) this will make sense. Does the company do a lot of its business overseas? Because if we use Mercury as the ruler of the turned 9th house and let it represent the company?s overseas business, then the company?s prospects look better, as it is coming to conjoin Mars, the company?s money. So perhaps some overseas business money is coming into the company. Notice also that Mars rules the turned 7th house that represents the company?s customers besides representing its assets.

So while I wouldn?t rule out the chance of Vegas1 being offered this job, I?d still be going through the want ads myself.
Mark F

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your thoughts and analysis. As I said, it's academic now, I've decided to move on.

The company is a brand new start-up, based in the US and will pursue customers in the US. It will make extensive, almost exclusive, use of off-shore resources in S.E. Asia. I met the president. The two real principals are multi-millionaires who will put their own money in, but will be hands-off. One of the principals owns and operates several hotels overseas.