Decennials: Simple methods of calculating manually

In this thread I'd like to present a method for determining when the general chronocratership changes. I thought perhaps there are some of you who, like me, like to calculate things manually.

This is the simplest method I could find, and you can calculate them using pen and paper or in your head, depending on your arithmetic capacity.

Anyone who knows a simpler method please feel free to present them.

There are four steps in total:

1. Date of Birth + 11 years.
2. Determine the number of leap years between the Date of Birth and the Date you got in step 1. This is also the number of leap days.
3. Subtract this number from the Date you got in step 1.
4. Then, subtract 145 from the Date you got in step 3.

Here's an example:

Date of Birth is Jan 1st 2012.

Step 1: Jan 1st 2012 + 11 years = Jan 1st 2023

Step 2: There are several ways of doing this, I will present one of them.

Let L signify a Leap year, N signify a Non-leap year. 2012 is a Leap year. If we arrange the years in a line in terms of whether they are leap or not, we get:

L N N N L N N N L N N

So from 2012 to 2023, we have 3 leap years. Hence, we also have 3 leap days.

Step 3: Jan 1st 2023 - 3 days = Dec 29 2022

Step 4: Dec 29 2022 - 145 days = ?

We can simplify the calculation like this. The average number of days per month is about 30 days. That means that 145 days is between 4 and 5 months.

So let's try deducting 4 months from 145, remembering that December 2022 has 29 days, not 31 days left:

= 145 - Dec - Nov - Oct - Sep
= 145 - 29 - 30 - 31 - 30
= 25

The month before September is August, and August has more than 25 days. So the date must be somewhere in August. If the number is more than 31, then you would need to deduct one more month.

31 - 25 = 6

Answer: So the second chronocrater begins ruling on Aug 6 2022.

To calculate the next chronocrater, the same method can be used. However, instead of adding 11 years to the Date of Birth, you would add them to Aug 6 2022 instead.

I hope this explanation has been easy to follow. Try it out~

Re: Decennials: Simple methods of calculating manually

While your main calculation approximates the Egyptian calendar, there are also variations for Valens method vs Hephastio subdivisions depending upon the subdivision level. If you want to do serious work with decennials it's much easier and simpler using software... Delphic Oracle will calculate these through 4 subdivisions with the ability to display cross reference charts of transits, progressions, etc at the onset of all periods and subdivisions.
Curtis Manwaring
Zoidiasoft Technologies, LLC