Aspects to the ASC are important and, in my view, not of secondary importance either. On the other hand, it is also my view that aspects are over-emphasized in contemporary astrology. The fact that some charts don't have many isn't all that troublesome.

I don't know if the "chch" you mentioned is a typo (no vowels) or an abbreviation for a city, but I couldn't run the chart without the full name of the city. I did run one for Christ Church NZ (a guess) and that gives 11 Aquarius on the ASC, but I only saw one aspect to the ASC and that was a Venus square. There is Mercury conjunct the Sun and Jupiter making a tight sextile to that conjunction and a Jupiter square to Venus. The Moon is conjunct the fixed star Regulus like Winston Churchill and I think Margaret Thatcher. Considering that just those three aspects will affect each house those planets rule and the houses they occupy, not to mention the houses they rule by exaltation, there is plenty to work with.

I think if we limit ourselves to a few tight aspects and really dig into them, we'll get better and more useful information than if we find a little bit about a lot of aspects. That only seems to confuse the issues.

Tom

It is short for Christchurch NZ, though to be precise it is Lincoln (outside of Chch). The chart I have gives me a venus, mars, uranus square ascendant, as well as jupiter opposite asc (but it is very wide) and sun mer pluto trine