I'm still wondering why england uses the 1 Jan 1801 date for current birth data and not either the 1 may 1701 or the 12 April 1922(I think its 1922 when the irish treaty pretty much reversed the 1801 union act) date instead?
The country is called The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Its not just England. :roll:

As Maurice McCann's research has confirmed it only formally came into existence in 1927.

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2003

I still believe older charts like the 1801 and 1066 chart (just for England) can still resonate to events but I tend to use the 1927 chart as my first resource.

It is interesting how common Leo Moons are represented amongst British Prime Ministers (reflecting the 1927 chart-24 Leo). The UK's most successful Prime Ministers of the last century (Winston Churchill and Margaret Thatcher) both had their natal Moon in conjunction to the UK Moon (1927 chart). Both Gordon Brown and David Cameron both have Leo Moons although neither is that close to the UK Moon.

The Sagittarius Rising (Saturn rising ) also links closely to the US Sibley chart and perhaps explains the close special relationship the UK and USA have had on many occasions since WWII.
Last edited by Mark on Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

The country is called The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Its not just England.
Mark,

Please don't get too upset up over it . Keep in mind that the thread topic is only a stuck accelerator. Yes, a stuck accelerator.

Please don't get too upset up over it . Keep in mind that the thread topic is only a stuck accelerator. Yes, a stuck accelerator
Sorry if I sound petulant but it is an annoying habit which Americans seem particularly susceptible to. I think you will find most Irish, Welsh and Scottish people living in the United Kingdom feel the same. :-sk

But anyway, back to that stuck accelerator...
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

It seems to me The union Act of 1801 is pretty much reversed for the treaty in 1922, you might as well use the original Union act of 1701, rather than the 1801 in that case. anyway, My Irish and Scots ancestors would NOT appreciate the inclusion. ;-) even if My English ones would. Always fun to attempt to change your vocabulary for your audience. I'll see what I can do.

the 1066 chart certainly has its merits. and I think that like the 4 july chart in the US, there are certainly a lot of British who identify with that historical date.

Granny

It seems to me The union Act of 1801 is pretty much reversed for the treaty in 1922, you might as well use the original Union act of 1701, rather than the 1801 in that case.
Did you get an opportunity to read the link to the thread I gave? After the initial post is an article from Maurice McCann setting out why 1927 is legally and constitutionally the effective date for the creation of the modern United Kingdom. Its a very compelling argument as I see it.

Incidentally, the Act of Union between England & Wales and Scotland happened in 1707 not 1701. I assume that is what you meant? I do look at that chart too but use it particularly for issues of relations between England and Scotland. There are strictly speaking two charts for 1707. The vote of the English Parliament (London) and the vote of the Scottish Parliament dissolving itself (Edinburgh). Nicholas Campion only considers the former.