Best Horary Software

Hi All,

What software is recommended by those who practice Horary? I'm looking for something specifically for Horary. I found "Horary Helper" on Carol Wiggers site. It is not expensive. I currrently use SF 5 for astrology, but am really looking for the best software aimed specifically at Horary. I'm hoping that Deb, and others who practice Horary more than any other astrology, can tell me what you find the most helpful.

Thanks,
Kren

Hi Kren,

Solar Fire's horary page gives you all sorts of good information and puts it right on the screen, if you like to work without printing it all out. Janus gives you pretty much the same information, but you have to print it. However, Janus has a notes section that enables you to place notes for each chart on the computer including the querent's name address etc.

I've been told Janus does more accurate calculations, but the differences we're talking about are seconds of arc, and I have no idea which one might be more correct, or if that really matters. Janus also has a neat module that allows you to turn the chart on screen, which in horary is always helpful.

Solar Fire has an Arabic Parts editor that I love, but the parts are not used as extensively in horary as they are in natal astrology. Janus has an extensive list of useful parts, though.

Janus is a little less expensive than Solar Fire. You really can't go wrong with either one.

You also might want to Look at Maurice McCann's program Tara

http://www.tara-astrology.com/index.php?id=79

I have no experience with the program, but I'm sure it's worth a look.

Tom