Spam issue - Skyscript doesn't mail members

I received a copy of an email today with this message:
--------------------------

Dear user of skyscript.co.uk, mail system administrator of skyscript.co.uk would like to let you know that:

We have found that your account was used to send a huge amount of spam messages during this week.
Most likely your computer had been infected by a recent virus and now contains a hidden proxy server.

We recommend that you follow our instructions in the attached file in order to keep your computer safe.

Best regards,
The skyscript.co.uk team.

-----------------------------
There was an attachment with the email containing a virus.
Unfortunately it is common practice for spammers to use the address of a site (any site) to circulate mass emails, using them as an alias for sending bulk advertising messages or viruses. Since the message did not originate from our server, there is nothing we can do about it. It appears to have been sent to a random list and not to forum members.

However, to make it clear, Skyscript never sends out mailings to members of the forum. If I have an announcement to make I make it on the forum itself. Nor do I send attachments (or read them) myself unless there has been a prior arrangement with the person concerned. As a general policy I treat all emails with attachments as a potential threat and recommend that others do too.

Even if you know me, you won't get an attachment from me without a personal message that makes it very clear what the attachment is and why I'm sending it. I think this is a problem a lot of astrologers face - on one of the few times I did open an attachment it was 'apparently' from an astrological friend who I assumed wanted me to look at some work. I wonder how many of us have fallen for that one?