Polish Presidential Plane Crash

The Polish President Lech Kaczynski and scores of other senior Polish figures have been killed in a plane crash in Russia.

Polish and Russian officials said no-one survived after the plane apparently hit trees as it approached Smolensk airport in thick fog.

Poland's army chief, central bank governor, MPs and leading historians were among more than 90 passengers.

Prime Minister Donald Tusk said the crash was the most tragic event of the country's post-World War II history.

The Polish delegation was flying in from Warsaw to mark the 70th anniversary of the Katyn massacre of thousands of Poles by Soviet forces during WWII.

The Russian emergencies ministry told Itar-Tass news agency the plane crashed at 1056 Moscow time (0656 GMT).

Source BBC News website 10/04/2010

Here is the event chart:
Update: It was later revealed from the Black Box recording that the plane actually crashed at 10.41.05 AM Local Time. The updated chart is displayed later in the thread.

Below is the Aries Ingress Chart for Poland. Its notable that the MC ruler (Moon) is in the 8th house. As with all ingress charts for that day it is on the fixed star Algol by zodiacal projection. The ascendant ruler and Moon/8th house ruler (Venus) is in its sign of detriment and angular.
Last edited by Mark on Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:34 am, edited 6 times in total.
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

If anyone has the last active eclipse in Poland info, it could be interesting also, for comparisons with the ingress and natal chart placements.
Yes I would be interested that information too. Its easy enough to find general information on solar eclipses falling in particular zodiacal degrees. Most astrological software does this for you. However, where do one track down information on previous eclipse paths?

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

PFN wrote:If anyone has the last active eclipse in Poland info, it could be interesting also, for comparisons with the ingress and natal chart placements.
According Nasa site the eclipse of 15th January was slightly visible in Poland- with 0.019 magnitude. As other alternative we have the one of the 1st August 2008.

But I'm posting the former, because interestingly enough the synod falls on the ascendant, so this gives immediate effects, Saturn beholds the eclipse which falls in Capricorn, and Mars - against its hairesis because a night planet in angle (and moreover above horizon) when the Sun is rising.
This is an interesting chart, at least for me.

The chart is 7:49 AM 15th January 2010, Warsaw, Poland

margherita
Traditional astrology at
http://heavenastrolabe.wordpress.com

Thanks Margherita,

I am going to have to acquaint myself better with the NASA site!

I also think the last Lunar eclipse chart is very interesting. As you can see the MC/IC axis of the Polish Ingress chart and the ASC/Desc axis of the event chart were both very close to the degree of the Lunar eclipse.
Last edited by Mark on Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

According to Polish sources( I could not found this info in English and Russian media) the time for departure of the Polish president's plane is:

Warsaw, 06:50 a.m.Central European Summer Time (GMT+2)
Thanks for that. I am away from home until sunday. I will post this chart up then.

Mark

I found new info in Polish source and I think that this info is more reliable because the distance between Warsaw and Smolensk is 767 km and the crash was in 10:56 Moscow time(6:56 GMT) :

http://www.tvn24.pl/0,1651579,0,3,katas ... omosc.html

7:23 local time- start the fly of airplane from Warsaw(my translation)

departure time:7:23 CEST(05:23 GMT), Warsaw
Last edited by astroart on Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.astro-art.com/

SIDERUM wrote:For houses derived, 5Th House, represents the death of the highest authority is the president!!!.
Mario
Could you develop? I did not understand this.
Paulo Felipe Noronha

PFN wrote:
SIDERUM wrote:For houses derived, 5Th House, represents the death of the highest authority is the president!!!.
Mario
Could you develop? I did not understand this.
I think he means that the 5th is the 8th derived house from the 10th?