Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Sexual desire
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kannan

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Sexual desire Reply with quote

Dear Members

What are the planetary combinations for lack of sexual desire in husbands. My friend is not excited about sexual life but his wife's expectations are shatterd.

Thamks

Kannan
granny_skot

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a very interesting question, I think first one would need a chart to look at to see if the lack is specific to the wife, or because he is ill, or interested elsewhere, or pre-occupied, etc... I think this might be a good horary question myself. lack of interest is generally in relation to something, not singular. At least that has been my experience. Could also be a control issue. without a chart, hard to say.

Granny
kannan

Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much Granny for your quick response. The birth chart of the husband is posted here. Request for your views

Regards

Kannan

Last edited by kannan on Sat May 01, 2010 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eddy

Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd look for conjunctions/squares/oppositions of Mars/Saturn to Moon/ Venus. Perhaps the other chart has some of these aspects, this one doesn't. (Is this the wife's chart?) I don't think the Moon-Venus square is too harmful. Or their synastry has these aspects.

One should also look at other circumstances like medical problems, too much hard work or wrong diet.

In this thread http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5138&start=15 (after 17 April) asexuality was discussed. Perhaps that's of some use.
kannan

Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Eddy for your inputs. The wife's horoscope also is posted here. The previous one belongs to the husband. Both of them are employed and there is not much of a hard work to affect the health as far as I know. They are also taking some treatment from a Doctor (Psychologist/Sexologist). The wife is said to be normal. Only the husband has no sex feelngs

Regards

Kannan

Last edited by kannan on Sat May 01, 2010 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
margherita

Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kannan wrote:
Thank you very much Granny for your quick response. The birth chart of the husband is posted here. Request for your views

But it could not be this man is a gay? What about other women?

This is Ptolemy - I mentioned in another thread:

"The oriental and diurnal positions of Mars and Venus also contribute to more masculine and more reputable qualities; and their occidental and vespertine positions to qualities more feminine, and more sordid."

This is what every astrologer repeated. This is Antonio da Montulmo talking about luminaries (but it is the same, they are mentioned by Ptolemy too in the same chapter):

if they are in feminine signs, and in feminine quadrants, and occidental the native have effeminate manners...

In this chart Sun and Moon are in feminine signs, the Moon in the second quadrant, feminine one. Venus and Mars are in male signs, but Venus in a feminine quadrant. Venus is vespertine to the Sun and Mars is occidental, both give feminine tastes.

Like that I would say he has feminine tastes.

Sexual problems like you mentioned should be given by aspects of Venus, Mars and Saturn. Here Mars and Venus are in sextile but I don't see Saturn presence, I don't know...

margherita
pankajdubey

Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@kannan

It might be a good idea to remove the names from the chart and replace with "Husband" and "Wife" .

Such nice Venus-Mars aspects in synastry !! and 7th lord in 1st-exalted- What is going on here (or Why nothing is going here Wink)

PD
Eddy

Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the synastry his Sun square Mars is opposite to her Jupiter/Asc square Venus/IC. His lunar phase is a waning sextile, her's is a waning inconjunct and the result is a square between their Moons. And as her Moon is conjunct Saturn and Mars is close, perhaps this group of planets 'scares' him off sexually. I don't know if people use the 'synodical synastry' but I believe there is something useful in it.

Perhaps I shouldn't ask but is the wife a bit dominant/demanding and or fixed on career/wealth, a 'strong' woman? Perhaps this collides via the above mentioned synastry with his view of life. By the way I believe that the synastry doesn't need to stand in the way of a good relationship. It requires some more effort. There are good synastries that result in a mess, so better don't see these views of mine as very strict. It's still the whole of circumstances one should look at.

Saturn will transit her Mars, Saturn, Moon next year. I wonder what that will bring. I hope the Jupiter transits will give some relaxation to both in 2012.
margherita

Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddy wrote:
And as her Moon is conjunct Saturn and Mars is close, perhaps this group of planets 'scares' him off sexually. I don't know if people use the 'synodical synastry' but I believe there is something useful in it.

OOhhh, I missed the wife chart, I would say they are the perfect couple Smile You say in English? God makes them and then put together.

Wife has the Sun - husband- in Pisces; Husband the Moon- wife- in the same sign.

She is authoritative and bossy, as the husband feminine. Let alone the very talkative Moon,Mars, Saturn at trine of Venus, she has Venus and Mars in masculine signs; Venus matutine and Mars oriental.

Seeing that I don't think anymore it's a gay business, it should be some dynamics inside the couple, she plays the male and he the woman.

margherita
Eddy

Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

margherita wrote:
Wife has the Sun - husband- in Pisces; Husband the Moon- wife- in the same sign.
Why didn't I see that Smile ?
margherita

Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddy wrote:
margherita wrote:
Why didn't I see that Smile ?

Because I'm a woman, I have a romantic eye Smile

margherita
kannan

Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pankajdubey wrote:
@kannan

It might be a good idea to remove the names from the chart and replace with "Husband" and "Wife" .

PD

Done . Thank you

Kannan
Tanit

Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But it could not be this man is a gay?

Why is it so often assumed first that when someone has a lack of sexual drive they must be gay? Many gay people have perfectly normal sexual appetities, just as any other sexual preference. Male/female characteristics of the planets don't really make sense, since we all have male and female planets, regardless of sign placements. Should we also look at male/female characteristics of the houses then or diurnal vs. nocturnal charts, sect? It is not reliable to look at male/female signs and state someone's sexual preferences, but you might say that masculine planets make someone more outspoken, confident, driven, etc., whereas feminine are introverted, gentle, sometimes insecure, etc. I don't see how it relates to attractions at all. Uranus in the 5th is often attracted to someone different than themselves, so if he does have a predominance of female planets, one might assume he'd be attracted to someone with more masculine ones, but that could still obviously be a female person. He is not deficient in masculine planets anyway, and his wife has 8 planets in masculine signs. Are we questioning her sexuality?

As I mentioned in the sexual orientation post, there is a possibility that someone may be asexual, or otherwise known as not sexual (towards either gender), though there might be some sort of attraction (not necessarily sexual) for one or both genders. For myself, I have never been sexual, and I share many characteristics with this man. I have Sun in Taurus in the 11th opposite Uranus in the 5th house. He has a Moon-Neptune square, I have a conjunction in the 6th. Moon-Neptune can make someone have higher/spiritual values in love and sexual acts can be seen as crude or base to them, and lofty platonic relationships are common. I also have a 3rd house Saturn with Mercury trine like him, although his Saturn is in detriment. Saturn in the 3rd often makes someone shy, melancholy and unable to relate well to others. A Mercury-Saturn mind is also very serious. Like him, my Mercury is a bit beseiged (he has a Mercury-Mars, Mercury-Saturn trine). I have Jupiter in the 1st/Pluto in the 4th too... he and I are oddly similar in many ways.
margherita

Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanit wrote:
Quote:
But it could not be this man is a gay?

Why is it so often assumed first that when someone has a lack of sexual drive they must be gay? Many gay people have perfectly normal sexual appetities, just as any other sexual preference. .

I told like that because of so many feminine inputs, but then with the wife chart under my eyes, I changed my mind.

It should be some game between them, she is aggressive and he is virginal.

About outer planets and other I don't know, I follow traditional astrology, but surely here you can find someone with a more modern approach,

nice thread in every case,
margherita
granny_skot

Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Gemini asc did make me wonder at first if he were not interested in another person, of whatever gender. (as in sometimes the gemini ascendent just seems to be a person that always wants more than one person) BUT, the Jupiter on the Ascendent of the wife and wife a water person makes me wonder if perhaps a weight issue might be involved. Especially as Jupiter is plowing through Pisces right now.

It isn't an issue for everyone but for some people it is more an issue than others.

Did you notice they both have Jupiter in their first house, he also has a lovely mutual reception between moon and Jupiter, but I do find it interesting they both have these lovely first house Jupiter's. I can't help but think a horary would be of more benefit in this case.

I do also wonder if he isn't passive aggressive. as in with holding affection because he's annoyed about something...

Granny
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: