Judging the horary chart of a long distance relationship

I have known a certain man for 7 months, but due to family circumstances I had to move 8 hours away from him this past May.
I have been somewhat confused as to the likely outcome of our relationship, and asked at 12.16 AM, August 3, 2004 in Milford Center, OH, USA...."What is the future of my relationship with D?"
I see that Taurus rising at 7 degrees, the ruler of the chart, Venus, is in the sign of Gemini in the 2nd house. I use the 7th house as his significator (we are emotionally more than friends but not a recognized romantic couple, per se, nor have we "consumated" our relationship.) His ruler, Mars, is at 25 Leo in the charts fifth house, along with Mercury at 6 Virgo and Jupiter at 18 Virgo. Should I be using ANOTHER house to represent him? 11th or 5th?
There are no applying aspects between Venus and Mars, and I see that the Moon in the ethereal, nebulous sign of Pisces will next be making an opposition to Jupiter....and it's last aspect is a square to Venus in 13 degrees.
How in the world does one search for likely future trends other than aspects by the Moon? Would there be anyone kind enough to assist me in understanding such a chart, as I have grown to care for this man very much and have many decisions to make.

For further information...My Moon/Uranus conj. in Libra is opposing his Sun/Moon conj. in Aries.
His Venus is conj. my Saturn/Juno.
His Jupiter trines my own Venus/Jupiter conjunction.
His Uranus/Pluto conj. exactly falls on my Ascendant....

I feel this is a relationship of some importance, yet admit that I don't know enough astrology, nor have enough objectivity, to fairly judge my own chart. Any replies would be deeply appreciated.

I'll take a look at it tomorrow sometime.

Yes you should use the 7th house to signify him. It doesn't seem to be the nature of the relationship for real that determines if you use the 7th house, but rather how you feel about him. If you think of him as boyfriend material, then he's shown by the 7th house. I suppose in a different situation where someone is in love with someone from afar, even if they don't really know the person, or if the person doesn't even know that you exist, they still would be represented by the 7th house. Charlie Brown's 'Little Red Haired Girl" would still be in his 7th house, and that was all in his head.

It's all how it is in your head, what it means to you.
Mark F

I am afraid to say that this doesn?t look good for your relationship with this guy. Your two significators Venus and Mars are separating. The Moon is in the 12th house, which is weak and shows things that are hopeless or incapable of being understood. The only angular planet in the chart is Saturn, which shows the limitations of the relationship. Your friend?s significator is in the 5th house, with both the Sun and Mercury. I think he?s more into having some fun right now, which doesn?t exclude and occasional get together with you, but it doesn?t look like there?s anything serious going on here.

The Moon?s path in this chart starts out with it being conjoined with Uranus, so this situation started out with a shock and a split ? you moved to a new place. At almost the same time the Moon was opposite Mercury, so maybe there was a breakdown in communication. Notice that all of these aspects involve an opposition of the 11th and 5th houses. So the issues that are touched involve the friendship and sexual/romantic parts, and an opposition here gives the chance for the destruction of both parts. In your discussions with him, have you been at all critical of him? Like have you given him grief about not calling as often as you want, or anything like that? I say that because Mercury in Virgo might suggest criticism or worry. If so, than this is problem that has the potential to cause a split in your friendship with him.

The Moon?s next aspect is with a very weak Jupiter, in the 6th house. The shows that you don?t feel strong or confident here, but especially with a weak Jupiter and the Moon in the 12th house, I think there a chance for some hypocrisy here. Is there someone else who you are interested in, while at the same time bemoaning the fact that your long-distance friend is not showing the amount of interest that you think he should? Either way the Moon next touches Saturn by trine. Saturn is like a roadblock and because it rules the 11th house, it could show the realization of the limits of the friendship. Notice that the 11th house contains both Neptune and Uranus and is ruled by Saturn. Neptune shows confusion and clouds perception and Uranus is instability, and the whole friendship is ruled by Saturn so maybe this friendship isn?t what it seems, and isn?t something you really want. As you said, the Moon?s last aspect is square with Venus. So though the trip might be difficult, but you end up in a good place. In other words this might be hard for you but you come out of it OK.

You asked if there is another way to see the trends in this relationship besides using the Moon. You can also look at the main significators and look at their upcoming contacts. Both Mars and Venus are in late degrees of their respective signs, and make no other contacts before changing signs. That?s a clear sign that that nothing more is going to happen to you with this guy.
Mark F

I'd go along with most of Mark's reading. The chart is radical and the two significators are exactly appropriate for a question relating to a romantic relationship.

Unfortunately the significators are separating, reflecting the reality of your recent parting. What's more Venus is peregrine - alone and wandering, again sadly reflecting current reality. Mars has dignity by both terms and face, so he's a little stronger than you. Mars is in your fifth House reflecting the 'romantic' view you have of him.

The Moon's last aspect to Uranus indicates the significant shakeup in your relationship that has just occured - a disruption to a friendship (Moon and Uranus in the eleventh). The Moon's next aspect is the opposition to debilitated Jupiter, after it changes house. As Mark says the Moon / Jupiter opposition in the sixth and twelfth is by no means promising - I'd take it more as symbolic of emotional disappointment.

All of this looks a little ominous BUT - I don't take the situation as being hopeless. Your question related to the future of the relationship, the chart suggests that nothing will happen. However, you did not qualify the time period for the question and I'm highly reluctant to conclude that this chart says nothing will ever happen.

So, I'd say that the indications are not good for the immediate, and perhaps medium term. The chart doesn't indicate a breakdown - merely a 'going nowhere' phase. Try to maintain contact with this man and ask again in a few months, if nothing has obviously happened in that time. Be careful in qualifying your question in terms of time and quesited outcome. It's not the end of the World, though it might seem like that at the moment.