Horary help

I've only recently got interested in horary and was wondering if someone would be willing to have a look at a chart for me. Obviously I'm interested in the answer but I'm also keen to learn a bit more about the technique.

The question is: Will I get involved in a long-term relationship in the next two years ? Edinburgh, UK (3:13W 55:57N) 23:36 British Summer Time.

I have the Ascendant at 22 deg Taurus.

Also are there any particular books on Horary which anyone would recommend ?

jupRx

First Books:

William Lilly's Christian Astrology you can find online, and even on this website.

Horary Plain and Simple can for the most part also be found online on the authors About.com web page(I'm blanking on his name for some reason here)

You might wish to start with the online information Deb has in this site.

as to your horary.... I think I'll leave that up so someone who is better with timing qustions. there is a good article on timeing by Frawley on this home page.

Good luck

Granny

granny_skot wrote:First Books:

William Lilly's Christian Astrology you can find online, and even on this website.

Horary Plain and Simple can for the most part also be found online on the authors About.com web page(I'm blanking on his name for some reason here)

You might wish to start with the online information Deb has in this site.

as to your horary.... I think I'll leave that up so someone who is better with timing qustions. there is a good article on timeing by Frawley on this home page.

Good luck

Granny
Granny,

Thanks very much for your help. After I posted I had a good read
through the information on this site and you're right
there's a load of helpful stuff (should probably have done that first before
posting :( )

Anyway, based on what I've read so far I've had a go at the chart, below.
No doubt I've missed out lots of important factors and haven't figured
out the timing at all but it was helpful to work through the process.
Hopefully if I've gone badly wrong someone will point me in the right
direction.

--

In this chart Venus rules the Ascendant and is the main significator
of the querent i.e. me.

Relationships are a 7th house matter. The ruler of the 7th in this chart
is Mars. So Mars is the significator of the quesited, i.e. in this case
the person I might have a relationship with.

I need to look firstly at the condition of my own significator and
the Moon in the chart, and also the contents of the 1st house.

Venus is in Gemini in the 2nd house which is a succedent house and
means Venus has some strength. It is sextile Mars but the aspect is
separating.

The Moon is in Aries in the 12th house which is a cadent house. The
Moon therefore has little strength. It is square Saturn (also separating).
It is separating from a trine with the Sun and its next aspect (I
think) will be a trine with Mars.

There are no planets in the 1st house.

I then need to look at the condition of the quesited's significator
and also the contents of the 7th house.

The quesited's significator Mars is in Leo in the 5th house. The 5th
is a succeedent house and therefore Mars has some strength in the chart.
Mars is sextile Venus and square the Ascendant. The Moon's next aspect
will be a trine to Mars.

There are no planets in the 7th house.

Saturn is conjunct the IC in Cancer in the chart and is therefore angular
which increases its importance in the chart. Saturn rules the 8th and 10th
houses.

---

OK what does this all mean ?

I assume that the sextile between my significator Venus and the
quesited's Mars is positive. Although since the aspect is separating
perhaps this suggests that I may already know the quesited ?

The Moon seems poorly placed, in the 12th house and squaring Saturn. This points to the conclusion to the question being slow and
encountering obstacles and restrictions (although the square with Saturn
is separating and the Moon's next aspect is a trine with Mars). Also the
12th house placement suggests "self-undoing" and elements in the
situation which have yet to come to the surface, perhaps.

In the chart both Venus and Mars will soon change sign, Venus moving
into Cancer and Mars into Virgo. I assume as these are my and the
quesited's siginficators this is significant in terms of what happens over
coming weeks & months.

So my conclusion is that while there are some positive signs, because of
the relative weakness of the Moon and the Saturn square anything that
does happen isn't going to happen quickly or easily.

I might take a different track with all of this, though you got the basics right. Since this is a rather nebulous question about your hopes for the future, I looked at the 11th house, which is the house of hope. I also wanted to let this chart give some advice as to what you can do, rather than just describe your current situation. But first we have to start with that.

You?re currently in the depths of depression about your hopes for the future (Saturn in the 4th house, ruling the 11th house). Maybe you haven?t been as realistic about what your expectations are, maybe you feel that all is lost, or that nothing ever goes your way, or you value too much guys who are worthless (Neptune in the 11th house). Neptune is opposite the Sun, which is in the 5th house. The Sun shines its light to illuminate something and in this case, I think it shows that your own tendency to imagine that things are worse than they are, or better than they are brings you problems in your love life.

But your fundamental problem is the obstacles and limitations that are left over from the past (Saturn in the 4th house). Perhaps your upbringing was very conservative and cold. Perhaps your father has a role in this, because Saturn is the natural significator of old men. Whatever it is, as the only angular planet in the chart, it is the obstacle that is blocking your way. This ties in with the Moon in the 12th house. You are right in seeing that as representing self-defeating behavior. A very weak Jupiter rules the 12th house, so instead of inspiring confidence, this brings a lack of confidence and perhaps a sense of entitlement. The Moon is in a t-square where it is opposite Jupiter and both are square to Saturn. So your self-esteem is challenged and is fraught with the belief that nothing worthwhile will ever happen. Maybe you?ve even given up. But this very inability to see the big picture is your biggest problem. I?ve heard it said that the solution to the problems associated with a t-square is found at the opposite point of the square. In this case that would be at the mid-heaven in the 10th house. So maybe if you focused on your career and got some recognition there, your self-esteem would rise and you would be able to trust yourself and to believe in your own worth. I can?t not mention that Uranus is also in the 12th house, opposite to a very powerful Mercury. This might show unstable, self-defeating communication patterns, perhaps a tendency to be stubborn or confrontational.

So there is a theme here that is repeated over and over and that is a big problem with a lack of confidence. That brings up to the two main significators, Venus for you and Mars for your potential lover. I don?t see the separating sextile as showing that you?ve already met, but rather that you keep just missing each other. These two planets are very, very close to being sextile. I saw this as that old expression ?close by no cigar? as an analogy with your life. You keep missing the chances that are out there through your own self-doubts, confusion and inhibitions. But there is hope because as you said, both of these planets are about to change signs. This usually means that a new chapter in your life is in the offing. But this is where your part comes in. You can?t just wait for it to happen. If this chart has any value it is to point the way, and that seems to be work on your lack of confidence, your self-defeating behavior and your cynicism about your face. I think you have a hard time believing that love is a possibility for you and that very belief is part of the problem. A weak Saturn indicates a lack of faith and cynicism. This part of you is strong and a fundamental part of you, but it also is what is stopping you from being happy. And perhaps, just perhaps the solution to this is to find your self worth through making yourself known through your work.
Mark F

Mark,

Wow, thanks very much for your post and for spending time looking at the chart.

Much of what you say makes sense. Yep, I did have a conservative upbringing, yep my Dad was quite a stern, distant figure (natally I have Saturn in the 4th quincunx Moon in the 12th) and lack of confidence is certainly a factor in how my relationships have gone in the past. Natally my Venus is in the 2nd - it's interesting how the horary seems to mirror my own chart in some important ways - does this tend to happen often ?

Also periods in my life when my work has been going well have also tended to coincide with happiness in my personal life (I have Pluto in the 10th in my natal chart) so I think you're right, that could well be the key to things. Jupiter has just entered my 10th house natally so that augurs well for career success, and the reality is promising, my job is going well and there's a possible promotion on the horizon.

In terms of relationships I think in the past I have tended to be cynical and suspicious of people's motives which while it's a good way of avoiding failure isn't necessarily a recipe for success either. So I think learning to trust is also an important factor. I've also been accused of being too detached so the Uranus opp Mercury aspect makes sense too.

Close but no cigar is a very good summary of the whole situation.

Incidentally I am male but I don't see that that invalidates anything you said, if anything it makes it more important I guess.

It was also interesting to see what you made of the chart in its entirety, including the influence of Neptune and Uranus. Working through the basics doesn't give you the big picture and I guess that only comes through experience and getting a feeling for the whole chart. What you said was very perceptive, so thanks again for that.

jupRx