To remove from one house or place to another

I've been reading what Lilly has to say in CA about moving house (p212). To me he seems to be saying that positive factors in the chart suggest staying whereas negative factors indicate moving. So if we take the Lord of the Ascendant (the querent), the fourth (as the current abode) and the seventh (as the place to move to) and they are all good planets with positive aspects then it is good to stay. Also if the Moon separates from a fortunate planet, stay and if it separates from an infortunate, move. Same with the Ascendant. But if the lord of the fourth, as the current residence, is infortunate and the lord of the seventh is fortunate, then move. I realise this is simpifying it somewhat but is this basically what he is saying?

That?s basically what he?s saying. You could make the whole thing easier on yourself by not asking ?should I stay or move?? but instead give a clearer focus to the question by asking ?should I stay?? or ?should I move??, whichever is your preferred choice. Then you have a simple question and if the significators look good in dignities and applications you can be more certain to which prospect they apply; a negative chart warns against the choice you?ve suggested.

I prefer to take this approach to any question where an option is involved, i.e., ? ?should I stay in this job or apply for another??; ?should I repair the car or buy another??, etc.

Thanks. This is basically what I was wondering in a round about way. It seems to make more sense to ask a straight out question about one option rather than looking at the two options in the same chart. At this stage I haven't asked a question. I'm just trying to understand what Lilly says about this matter.

What confused me is where Lilly says that if the Lords of the 1st and 7th along with the 4th are good planets and strong etc. then the querent should stay. I would have thought that if the Lord of the 7th is the new location then there should be some weakness that indicates staying put but if it was strong, it was okay to move. If both the 4th and the 7th are strong I would have taken that as either way is okay but the stronger planet is the preferred option. This is why it seems easier just to deal with one option in the chart and take it from there. Lilly's method seems open to the possibility of an unclear answer either way.

good morning all, I know I'm digging up old questions here, but I was specifically looking for questions relating to moving. If I should ask the question, when will I be able to move? then with the reasoning Sue and Deb were using here, does that mean, I should be looking for good aspects between the LoA and the ruler of the seventh?

(I've been digging in the old questions because I'd like to move but dont see a reasonable ability or likelihood of doing so until at least November. and probably not until January, but I wanted to see what the stars said on the matter)

the Lilly questions all seemed the either or type, which I agreed with Deb I'd prefer to see the simple question, should I move? will I move? or in my case when will I be able to move?

thanks all, :brows

Granny...

Lilly explains that the 7th house signifies the place you move to (in the same way that it signifies the destination in a journey chart, ie, not because it?s the 4th from the 4th). When you?re undecided, it would be a good indication to move if the 4th house indications are plainly poor and the 7th house indications are plainly good.
If I should ask ? when will I be able to move? ? does that mean, I should be looking for good aspects between the LoA and the ruler of the seventh?
Providing you don?t ignore the 4th house, which is the essential house for property matters.

But be careful you are not asking ?when will I be able to move?? in the same way that someone who is not even in a relationship asks the question ?when will I marry??. Trying to get timing out of a situation that isn?t even current is difficult and might not be valid if you?re stuck in your own assumptions and fail to recognise that the chart is warning of changes that need to be made. Also, don?t forget to consider what is happening in your birth chart where house moves often show up clearly, as do periods of frustration when you feel unsettled but trapped in circumstances.

thankyou for the clarification. I think I'm about ready to create a chart for this. and yes, it is partly feeling stuck, but I am planning, saving, for a move and want to make it an auspiscious one... tired of moving arround.

:D

Granny