Most prolific astrological authors / editors / translators?

This is a very rough indication taken from a highly subjective source - the catalogue of my own book collection. But I thought it made for a somewhat revealing exercise all the same, with regard to the writers who have the highest number of credits as authors, editors and translators in books pertinent to astrology and / or relevant background philosophies and histories.

Since my collection covers a very wide range of material from ancient to modern, there is a fairly eclectic representation of authors (and editors, and translators) who would not normally be seen together here.

For every author, editor or translator credit, quite simply, I awarded one point, with a maximum of one point per physical volume*, and no duplicate points allowed for spare copies and reprints, unless it was a major new edition with new input from a new outside editor (rather than simply a revision by the same author) or a new translation, thus reflecting the continued popularity of an established work.

*Thus, a multi-volume work gets one credit per volume, reflecting the typically greater amount of material involved than in a single-volume one.

Journals were disqualified, as were all electronic media-based materials; but physical books consisting of highlights from journals were counted as books.

Some authors, as the list below shows, have written under two or more different names, sometimes a pseudonym paired with their real name (for example, Figulus and Marc Edmund Jones, being one and the same person), sometimes a changed surname (e.g. Clement instead of Ennis, or Flambart instead of Choisnard), sometimes simply a variant form of first or last name or initial.

I eliminated all candidates who could muster seven or fewer points, which unfortunately included some highly worthy names stuck on seven points, such as Christopher Warnock, Bil Tierney and Alfred Seward; while Ben Dykes would certainly be entitled to at least ten points instead of six if I had waited for the multi-volume paperback edition of his Bonatti instead of buying the original hardcovers in two very large volumes; but rules are rules, and this is how it turned out: the Top 103 most prolific authors in my personal book collection, in descending order of number of credits.

1. Robert Hand: 38
2. Michel Gauquelin: 36
3. Sepharial / Walter Gorn Old: 34
4. Dr. William J. Tucker: 33
5. Andr? Barbault: 32 [21]
6= Manly P. Hall: 31 [23]
6= Noel Tyl: 31
8= Elbert Benjamine / C. C. Zain (combined): 28
8= David Pingree: 28
10= Jean-Pierre Nicola: 27 [18]
10= Llewellyn George: 27 [21]
12= Reinhold Ebertin: 26
13= Marc Edmund Jones / Figulus: 26
14. Robert Schmidt: 24
15. Dane Rudhyar: 23
16= Had?s: 22
16= Alan Leo: 22
18. Paul Choisnard / Flambart: 21
19= Alice Bailey: 20
19= Helen Adams / Adams Garrett: 20
19= C. G. Jung: 20
22= Doris Chase Doane: 19
22= Liz Greene: 19
22= Robert Carl Jansky: 19
22= Otto Neugebauer: 19
22= Raphael (any of them, except so-called Albert Raphael): 19
27= Fran?oise Gauquelin / Schneider Gauquelin: 18
27= Andr? Volguine: 18
29= Joan McEvers: 17
29= Sophia Mason: 17
29= Maritha Pottenger: 17
32= Charles Burnett: 16
32= Hermes Trismegistus / Latinus: 16
34= Nicholas Campion: 15
34= Yves Lenoble: 15
34= Michael Erlewine: 15
34= James Herschel Holden: 15
34= Dom N?roman / Necroman: 15
39= Mich?le Curcio: 14 [3]
39= Dr. William M. Davidson: 14 [6]
39= Jean-Baptiste Morin: 14
39= Rev. Alice Miller: 14
43= William Lilly: 13
43= Tracy Marks: 13
43= Jane Ridder-Patrick: 13 [2]
43= Michael Roscher: 13
47= Douglas Baker: 12
47= Jacques Halbronn: 12
47= Katia: 12 [1]
47= Frederic Maisonblanche: 12 [4]
47= Ptolemy / Ptolemaeus, etc.: 12
52= Franz Boll: 11
52= Gustave-Lambert Brahy: 11
52= Charles E. O. Carter: 11
52= Abu Ma'Shar: 11
52= Stephanie Jean Clement / Ennis: 11
52= Pierre Duhem: 11
52= Rudy Flack: 11
52= Ivy Goldstein-Jacobsen: 11
52= Karen Hamaker-Zondag: 11
52= Demetrio Santos: 11
52= Carl Payne Tobey: 11
63= Wolfgang D?bereiner: 10
63= Diane Flack: 10
63= Steven Forrest: 10
63= Robert Zoller: 10
63= Galen: 10
63= Wolfgang Hubner: 10
63= Denis Labour?: 10
63= Martha Lang-Wescott: 10
63= Manilius: 10
63= Francis Sakoian: 10
63= Lynn Thorndike: 10
74= Alvidas / Henry Clay Hodges: 9
74= Elman Bacher: 9
74= Yves Christiaen: 9
74= Patrick Curry: 9
74= Zipporah Dobyns: 9
74= Emma Belle Donath: 9
74= Bruno Huber: 9
74= Louise Huber: 9
74= Charles Jayne: 9
74= Raymond Merriman: 9
74= Derek Parker: 9
74= Marc Penfield: 9
74= Thomas Ring: 9
74= Louis Acker: 9
74= Vettius Valens: 9
74= Arthur Edward Waite: 9
74= Lynne Palmer: 9
91= H. P. Blavatsky: 8
91= Ciro Discelpio: 8
91= Clara Darr: 8
91= Howard Sasportas: 8
91= W. / Guilelmo / Guilelmus Kroll: 8
91= Hippocrates: 8
91= Abraham / Avraham Ibn Ezra: 8
91= J. D. North: 8
91= Papus: 8
91= Julia Parker: 8
91= Robert Powell: 8
91= Vivian E. Robson: 8
91= Martin Schulman: 8

Rather than just leave it there, I'd like to make this into more than just a pointless exercise in trivia, so I'm taking this opportunity to invite comments and questions regarding the works of any of the above from anyone interested!

Note: Credits awarded to Elbert Benjamine / C. C. Zain are based on one credit per whole volume of his Brotherhood of Light courses (i.e. not the individual component pamphlets, of which there were hundreds, but I haven't been collecting these anyway!) and one per whole volume under his real name.

Update: I have also now included in square brackets the equivalent totals if multi-volume guides to sun signs and zodiac signs are counted as a single volume; if Manly Hall's extremely slim 'Lecture Notes' pamphlets are counted together as a single work; if William Davidson's originally nine-volume set of medical lectures is counted as a single work (individually, they are slim enough for this to be logical, and in fact eight of the nine were ultimately published in a single volume in their third edition); and if Llewellyn George's seven volume 'Geocentric Genethliacs' is counted as a single work (the volumes each likewise being slim enough to have been publishable as a single volume if such a decision had been taken).

If such adjustments were made, there would be substantial changes in the Top 10, with Noel Tyl rising to 5th, Elbert Benjamine and David Pingree to equal 6th; Reinhold Ebertin and Marc Edmund Jones to equal 8th, and Robert Schmidt to 10th.

It is also notable that the works of Helen Adams Garrett and Diane and Rudy Flack are typically slim, though numerous, and some of Sophia Mason's works also fall into this category to a lesser extent. A few of Dane Rudhyar's works (but not many) that I have included were mere pamphlets; and several works by Tracy Marks are pamphlets that were later republished together in longer books. The majority of Carl Payne Tobey's works is also of pamphlet length. And several works by Maritha Pottenger are pamphlets in the ACS 'All About Astrology Series'; Robert Powell's total also includes a couple he contributed to this. With these provisos, their integrity as separate works is, I feel, unaffected.

The total for Marc Edmund Jones includes 13 bound sets of his 'Lecture-Lessons', but these are all substantial publications, not of pamphlet length, so this figure is fully deserved.