Updates and news

I uploaded the new collection of site updates yesterday. They include, amongst other smaller items, an article on fixed stars and parans by Bernadette Brady; a feature on judging the prospects of wealth and financial matters by David Plant and my own good self, the Virgo profile and significations, the life of Queen Elizabeth I (The Virgin Queen) considered against her horoscope by Sue Toohey; a study of Mercury in Myth and Occult Philosophy and a review of its orbit and phases by David McCann, a review of two contrasting Mercurial herbs ? Valerian and Fennel - by Dylan Warren-Davis, and more excellent material from David Plant in his biography of John Gadbury and the Cromwell chart. An extract from Gadbury on Thefts, Fugitives and Strays is also included, along with Jonathan Ledbury?s sorry tale of John Partridge?s humiliation in the Bickerstaff Papers affair.

I?d like to say a big thanks to all the contributing authors, who allow me to publish their material and help me throughout the process of bringing it online. I?ve enjoyed working on every piece because it is so rewarding to work with such top-quality material from such pleasant and amenable people. I hope you enjoy reading them too.

An another note, regulars may notice that the ability to cut or copy text from the right-click mouse feature has been disabled. If this causes any real problems please let me know ? the reasons why I have done this are explained at http://www.skyscript.co.uk/legal.html
The link also includes guidelines on how writers ought to acknowledge references from articles published on the web. This is an issue that could start me off on a rant at the moment; if you read the page you?ll understand why.

Finally, I have just awarded a new Skyscript ?Best of the Web? award to Anne Wright?s Fixed Stars and Constellations page for being an excellent source of reference material for astrologers. If you haven?t visited this site before you should take a look at what you?re missing. There?s also a review of Nick Campion?s newly updated Book of World Horoscopes, which I recommend highly at http://www.skyscript.co.uk/bowh_rev.html

That little lot should keep you busy for a while. I?ll be leaving the country for a few weeks shortly so my forum appearances will be brief to non-existent for a while. Since I don?t expect everyone to read this post, if anyone addresses questions to me would someone kindly point out that I may not have access to the web.

Cheers for now,
Deb

I would just like to say thank you for such an informative (as well as beautiful) website. I have read several of the new articles you have put up (Elizabeth the 1st, Cromwell and the fixed stars) and must say it has only whet my appetite to explore the site in more detail. :)