School Governors

Which house(s) would the following come under:

1 the governing body of a school (primary, if that is important)
2. the chair of governors
3. the election of a parent governor.. ie like national politics, the parents cast votes for the candidates

The querent wants to know if they will be successful.

The querent made a formal complaint about the Chair (separate chart). Is he 6th house.. public servant.. 10th house authority or 7th open enemy?! The Local Authority and the governing body area also involved in this chart so any ideas for them would also be appreciated.

Many thanks for your thoughts.

PallasAthene

Is there a need to separately understand and have a significator for each of the three?

I'm just wondering if it wouldn't be a straight forward me versus them kind of scenario and so 1st and 7th.

Yup looked at that for the 2nd chart about the complaint.
L7, moon, peregrine in the 1st house and in the degree of the nodes. But the moon is void indicating no real change. He stepped down as chair but has been voted back in by the GB as vice-chair. The querent is gob-smacked!

It would be useful to understand the involvement of the LA in the chart, maybe the rest GB are not so important... but this is a very complex issues. The querent does feel likes it's a them and us situation with the "others" ganging up against. If I can delineate the involvement of all parties I would like to, to inform the querent as much as possible.

Any ideas on which house for the election? Thanks Paul.

Seems like a complicated situation. I would guess Lord 10 for the local authority. As for the election, I have no idea, again I might wonder if it is Lord 1 and Lord 7 with Lord 1 representing those beneficial to the querent, and Lord 7 as those antagonistic to the querent.

Thanks for your thoughts.
What do you think about house 3 for the election? Paper work, voting slips, local area, early education etc?
Alternatively, would it be 10th since the querent would be gaining "a job" although it is voluntary, not paid (no use looking at L11 the! : )

L10 could also have claims for "status" that the election would bring.
11th as a gift of the king? And "groups".
But it's the people that vote.. the product of the mundane 1st would be 2nd?

: )

Oh the querent wants the job too? I understood it to be just that he/she made a complaint etc.

Not sure about how this would work in horary, but generally the moon is significator of the people, with the sun as the 'king'.

What is the real question behind the querent's thinking? Was he/she asking "will I be elected?", or "will my complaint be upheld?" etc.

I think it would be important to know exactly what is being asked. I'm not sure that it would be necessary to delineate exactly who is who, as in, separate the governiing body from the chair of governers etc. It probably would boil down to a simpler scenario of "me" versus "them" which is 1st and 7th based, or it's job based in which case its a 10th house significator.

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for sticking with me.

There are 2 separate charts. The first, cast a couple of moths ago, concerns the complaint. "Will the CoG stand down?" The querent thought that this would mean he had "won" the complaint and would be a reasonable outcome.
From the delineation, it looked like a reasonable assumption apart from the void moon which puzzled me. Yes, he stood down but was then voted into a slightly less high office, which has left the querent astounded given all the circumstances. * this is where it would be useful to delineate the rest of the governing boy and the LA.

The second very recent chart concerns the election. The querent wants to know if he will be elected. As an aside, it is possible to gain the office if the same number of candidates stand as their are vacancies... thereby negating the need for an actual election: ) Local politics, don't ya just luv it : )

On that point, exulted moon in 11th applies to L3 in rulership on that cusp with good reception from both sides.
L1 is sun in fall.. but in triplicity of L3) so I really want the quested ie The Election, to be L3!!!

Background: This is not a paid "job", it is a voluntary position. It relates to the governance of a school. For those who do not know most schools in the UK are overseen by a governing body of volunteers who are appointed/elected in a variety of ways.

The position that the querent is asking about involves standing as a candidate to be elected by other parents.

As such it does imply "status" and "authority" . The governing body are also in effect a "coprporate body" ie no individual member can act without the others or be held individually liable for.. well, anything. This strikes me as very much 11th house. (checking again, L3 and L11 are the same planet, mercury, which seems fitting as this is an administrative process?)

So while the first chart seems to have played out.. although still more to come I'm sure... the second chart still needs an answer, and most importantly for me.. a quested.

Thanks. Will have a result in the next couple of weeks.

The querent wants a position of status and authority, I would use the 10th personally. That he gets the job (or not) by election is, to me, less relevant, but may be described in the horary. Like if Lord 1 and 10 are perfected by a translation or collection of light, the translating planet might be the voters who elected him.

Just my thoughts on it. I agree it's not straight forward and may pose difficulties, but at its most simple, it is still a "will I get this job" horary, even if not a paid job.

There's nothing collecting or translating light anywhere?

And if you use the 11th is it any better? My money would be on using the 10th, but would be interesting if the 11th suggests a positive testimony and the 10th does not, that way we can simply 'wait and see' and will know better in the future for similar horaries.
I do think though that attempting to acquire any position of authority or status is a 10th house thing.

I agree with what Paul is saying here - the 10th house is 'the position' (paid or not). The 11th is the resources of that position. The midheaven is also what 'overhangs' the situation in a general sense so if the 10th house is bad, or a malefic planet is close to the midheaven itself, this is a bad indication for the question.

Thank you.
The only hope is from Mark's Millibund thread in Mundane.. to judge as a contest. In which case L1 is combusting L7. Or L1 applying to L7 implying that querent comes together with the opposition. 2 people stand and both gain the vacancies by default.
But with L1 in fall and detriment of L10, and no aspect; even if the querent wins the election I think they will be prevented from taking up the post.

It's the exulted moon in 10th applying to L3 in rulership on that cusp that I want to see play out. The querent has been dealing with lots of correspondence connected to the matter and I think there is a message connected. Time will tell.