Interesting article: Conception & Venus/Jupiter

Fertility doctors to test theory that the secret to having a baby might lie in the planets

By Liz Hull
Last updated at 3:54 AM on 15th November 201

Astrologists tell us that the position of the planets and stars shapes our lives.

But now fertility doctors are to test the theory that the solar system can actually help create life.

It follows claims that a British-based astrologer has succeeded in helping several desperate couples conceive when medical intervention failed.

Nicola Smuts, 42, says she can predict the best or ?lucky? time for a woman to become pregnant by analysing the alignment of the planets and comparing it to their positions at the time of her birth.

Although she admits some of her success is down to coincidence, a series of women say she has helped them have children where repeated attempts at IVF have failed.

Mrs Smuts also claims to be able to diagnose medical conditions which inhibit fertility by analysing the couple?s charts.

Now an American chain of IVF clinics is to study her work to see if it will shed light on why fertility treatment works in some women but fails in others. Mandy Parry, 46, had had seven failed IVF treatments and four miscarriages when she contacted Mrs Smuts for help last year.

The teacher, who lives with her husband, Mark, 47, in Bristol, said she turned to an astrologer as a last resort. She went on to give birth to a healthy daughter, Violet, born through fertility treatment, in May.

?I met Nicky in June last year and she told me the next good time to conceive was only six weeks away in August,? Mrs Parry said.

?I didn?t believe her but I did what she said because I was trying everything. I couldn?t believe it when the treatment worked.?

Catherine Blackledge, a chemist and science writer from Preston, Lancashire, contacted Mrs Smuts following five failed IVF attempts.

?In the past I wouldn?t have imagined going anywhere near astrology,? she said.

However, she too gave birth to a healthy daughter, Willow, in May.

Most scientists are at best sceptical about the role of the planets and their link to fertility.

Pregnancy planets? Jupiter and Venus are thought to be most closely linked to fertility

However, it is a fact that the female menstrual cycle broadly follows the 28-day lunar month.

Mrs Smuts, a married mother of two who has had fertility treatment herself, said that women have two or three optimum times of the year for becoming pregnant.

These are based on when the planets are most closely aligned with their positions at their birth. Venus and Jupiter are thought to be the most closely linked to fertility.

Mrs Smuts, the granddaughter of Jan Smuts, the former South African prime minister, asks for a woman?s date of birth, time of day they were born and town of their birth to calculate their ?lucky times?.

She said: ?There are about two to three fertile moments in a year in anyone?s chart, at child bearing age, and it would benefit both the patient and the doctor if patients would use astrology to time their treatments.? In the U.S., researchers at the Shady Grove

Fertility chain of clinics want to test her claims by providing her with the birth details of hundreds of their clients.

She will then be asked to calculate the most promising dates for them to attempt conception and the clinic will monitor what happens.

Michael Levy, director of Shady Grove Fertility, told The Sunday Times: ?I would love to see if there is something in this.

?It?s very interesting. Lots of our patients benefit from acupuncture, massage, yoga and other complementary therapies and we don?t know how they work either.?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... anets.html
Mad Daz's Place, quiet but never boring
http://pinkmelon.proboards82.com/index.cgi

If memory serves the calculation of the almuten of pregnancy pays a large part in Nicola Smut's work in this field.

You use the ascendant & its lord,the moon and its ruler,5th house cusp and its ruler,natal Jupiter and any planets in the 5th.

When making advice like this in public it is customary to add the warning
"Don't try this at home kids"

But if are trying for kids at home you could try it, if you see what I mean :)

Matt

In (sidereal) Indian astrology, K.N. Rao has passed on a tradition to predict dates of possible conception and birth. You have to root around in his books to find it (mostly "Planets and Children"), but I find that it works. It can be used to rectify an ascendant, if on a cusp, for a woman who has had a child, and presumably could be used to find most likely and unlikely moments of conception (though I wouldn't recommend it as a method of contraception...). I used it to decide, well before it was confirmed as correct, that the 19:45 birth time for Princess Diana was the right one (sidereal Scorpio, tropical Sagittarius), not the 14:15 one. This was against the opinion of e.g. Richard Houck (Nicholas Campion didn't seem to see the point of choosing; Houck writes, in "Digital Astrology": "Mr Campion, in the inimitable fashion of Western astrology, therefore ultimately concluded (and I couldn't make this up if I tried) that "I have no problem with there being more than one chart for any individual - charts are not considered either right or wrong, accurate or inaccurate, but appropriate or inappropriate".").
I've been able to "guess" the birth times of a few mothers before they checked with their own mothers and confirmed my estimate (within a range of approx 2 hours, i.e. by pinpointing the sidereal ascendant). The more children, the easier, but also the more laborious. With Cancer or Leo as H5, or Saturn and Jupiter not changing signs during pregnancy, and if Mars at conception is reasonably unambiguous, just one child may suffice.
You use WSH and full Indian aspects (conjunctions, oppositions, also aspects of 4 and 8 for Mars, 5 and 9 for Jupiter, and 3 and 10 for Saturn, in zodiacal direction only).
Mars has to aspect H5 or R5 at conception, and again within 75 days before birth. Saturn and Jupiter must simultaneously aspect H5 or R5 at some time between conception and birth. Moon should be conjunct H5 or R5 (or H1 or "sometimes" mother's Moon house) up to 48 hours before birth. (Not sure about the last one - if the other factors don't already narrow it down enough, the Moon might be used to pick the most likely, preferably by conjunction, if not, by aspect). Rao says that if H5 and R5 don't work, you can resort to H9, but I haven't found this to be necessary - I think it's because he insists on using Lahiri ayanamsha, which I find to be about 30' too great (i.e. it gives an offset with tropical about 30' too much). A close "recognised" ayanamsha is Babylon Kugler 3, otherwise Krishnamurti also works a bit better than Lahiri.
Rao doesn't mention Venus, I think he does mentions the Sun, I can't remember precisely how, but I don't remember finding it useful. Perhaps all the planets are involved, and each must aspect at a particular period. Interesting area for research!
Graham
Last edited by Graham F on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Science or mere speculation?

Good morning,

Ms Nicola Smut's hypotheses would stand a change of gaining more credibility if she presented 250 or more cases from her practice, not excluding any with negative outcomes, that collectively exhibit a likelihood of pregnancy significantly greater than random for the age group. In case Ms Smut is not sufficiently trained in statistical methods, she will find experts who can advise.

Otherwise: yet more speculation and infotainment, providing publicity and income for some, amusement for most.

Best regards,

lihin
Non esse nihil non est.

mattG wrote:If memory serves the calculation of the almuten of pregnancy pays a large part in Nicola Smut's work in this field.

You use the ascendant & its lord,the moon and its ruler,5th house cusp and its ruler,natal Jupiter and any planets in the 5th.

When making advice like this in public it is customary to add the warning
"Don't try this at home kids"

But if are trying for kids at home you could try it, if you see what I mean :)

Matt
Hi,
I want to ask that in which house jupiter effect is badly effect. ???