Victory?

I have a question that I still haven?t asked yet, but I can see that someday soon I will have to. But I want to get something straightened out first before I do. Usually when we ask a question we want our significators to have some sort of favorable contact. If we want a job, we want the significator for ourselves and the job to meet in some happy aspect.

But the situation I am thinking about is more like a prolonged fight. I have a dispute with someone who never was a friend and has been causing me trouble for years. So what kind of contact would be good for that? I mean I want to beat my opponent, so I don?t want a trine. And an opposition would seem to indicate to no end of the conflict here and I want it resolved.

What would the basic aspects mean in such a situation? What kind of aspect would I want to show that I will trounce the opposition?

This problem must be similar to charts that show sports contests. What kind of aspects show victory in a chart?
Mark F

Hi there!

Just a thought; but maybe you should not look for a contact between you and your enemy if you do not want to make up. Instead look for a positive aspect between you and the MC? That would be a sign of Victory would it not?

Best regards/Anna

Thanks. You know, that's sort of the direction I was taking with this.

I read what Lilly had to say in CA. In his Chapter 51, page 366 he talks about ?whether he shall overcome his Adversary or not?, he doesn?t mention aspects between planets at all. He says to look to see whose significator is in the angles and is in aspect with the better planets.

So maybe it really is that simple. I like your comment about aspects to the MC or maybe to the ASC. Maybe those would be good signs to look for too.
Mark F

The more I read of Lilly the simpler the whole thing gets actually. It is no nonsense of New Age or Magic or such things. Just clear and precise. I like that! :-)

I read your reply to granny about time below and I must tell you that I had a similar experience regarding birth time. I believed in the data my mother gave me and for several years I thought I had a Sag Asc.

Which did not make any sence at all to me. When i finally checked with the hospital I found out that it was 13 degress Capricorn. Hell of a difference! :-) Looking for Jupiter and finding Saturn.

But it made sence since then. Sun in Aqu and Asc in Capricorn I am Saturn all over. I am even small and dark!

Hope you get your victory by the way.