Natal chart of lonely single male

I'm new to the forum and trying to further my chart interpretations. I currently have a chart of a middle aged male who has steadily dated but has never sustained a serious relationship over 6 months. He seems to translate this as more "bad luck" than any pattern on his part.

Of note:

Venus 19 Leo 12th in Opposition to Moon 29 Aquarius 6th both squared with Neptune 21 Scorpio 3rd

Mars 20 Libra 2nd opposed to Saturn 11 Aries 8th.

Any translations/illuminations around these aspects or other aspects to pursue further would be of great assistance.

I was born a few months before this man, and my best friend was born a week and a half after him.

Here are my thoughts.
This chart has many joined angles that are important to the Uranus/Pluto conjunction.
From noticing how this affects both myself and my friend because the conjunction is strong in both our charts too (we are both hetro females, born on new moons, two months apart). The water trines tend to make a person quite self-sufficent on an emotional level, and the stable earth conjunction adds to this. Maybe, he comes across as someone who doesn't 'need' anyone else.
This man also tosses Venus in Fire and Mars in Air into the mix (I have these two both in air) and I think this man would be easily bored by vapid/shallow or stupid people(strong Mercury), but he would easily attract women (strong Venus and Mars).

If the Rising point is accurate then just look at Pluto/Uranus rising in Virgo. This man is very pedantic and I think he would overpower many other people (perhaps by critisizing them).

What do mean by he has "bad luck" with these relationships?
The horoscope you have provided seems to be 'equal house', do you have a Placidus Chart?

Is it because his Moon is in Aquarius? The Moon shows the kind of women he attracts and Aquarius is a fixed sign. With the Moon in Aquarius, the women he attracts are ?fixed? and cannot be pushed into doing something unless they want it. I have some personal impressions from lunar Aquarians and I know that their need to be their own people is so strong that they do things to sabotage their relationships ? very self-willed to the point of selfishness. Maybe the women he attracts belong to that kind of ladies.

Venus, the other indicator of the women he feels attracted to, is in an awful shape ? opposite the Moon, square Neptune and placed in the 12th house. Leo is not a bad sign for Venus to be in but the 12th house is a place where planets are ?imprisoned?, can?t act and deliver their promise. The Moon?Venus opposition suggests a deep difference between this man?s comfort needs and romantic needs and the Venus?Neptune square is the aspect of disappointment and heartbreak in relationships par excellence.

What?s more, the 7th-house cusp is occupied by the sign of Pisces, which is another signature of disappointment in relationships.

Forgive, but how is Pisces a sign of disapointment in relationships when it is the 7th sign
This kind of oversimplified interpretation must come from the teachings of "modern astrology".... according to them, Pisces are ruled by Neptune so the partners always tend to slip through your fingers, are unreliable and "weak", prone to alcohol and/or drugs, need constant strong guidance or else they lose themselves in the rough realities of this world, 'romantic' souls which tend to see the world through pink lenses,dreamers searching for someone to rescue and save or dreaming of being rescued and saved by a 'soul-mate', hard to stabilize, 'artistic', often unreachable and unable to commit, 'sensitive', etc, etc. all leading to disappointment.

That
is precisely why I turned to good old tradition and sound astrology it represents :D

Goran

Ah, I forgot about this neptune thing, thanks Goran.

Since I dropped by this tread, might as well contribute a little with my opinion.

Although the native says it is not his fault, I would take that with a grain of salt, since we always have a parcel of guilty (no astrology up here). Small edit: still, I should note, he does have a loaded 12th house/sign, a sign of simple bad luck, and both 7th house significators are there.

So, the consultation is about his perspective on a stable relationship, which by itself shows that he is getting upset about his current condition, already a first step. Sadly, this chart is not very good on this regard for several reasons.

About his temperament, I find that it is very moist, since the only planets aspecting the rising sign are the Sun and Mercury in Cancer. Also, Mercury, ruler of the AC, does not receive many aspects, only Mars in Libra and Saturn in Aries. Finally, the Moon is in a moist sign as well. Possibly a fleumatic, otherwise a sanguine, both showing the ability to connect. Still, both Jupiter and Venus, respectively ruler of the wife by accident, and in a diurnal chart, are averse to the AC ruler, to the AC, to the Moon, and to the Sun. That's very bad.

Now, despite the wife significators being in fixed signs, which would point to a single, long and lasting relationship, their cadence indicates that if it actually come to be, that would be very late in life.

Pratical suggestions: seek the firdar of Jupiter and Venus (period and sub-periods) research his Secondary Progressions and SR for the years the firdar spam, seek the year that the profection comes to Leo, where Venus and Jupiter are posited, and check some primary directions regarding these planets, and hope for positive prospects. Eyeballing a little, there would be around his 40-45 a direction of Venus to the Sun. Another possibility would be of Jupiter to the conjunction of the MC, around his 60's.
Last edited by PFN on Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
Paulo Felipe Noronha

Would a traditional approach take the nodes into account? With the head on the ninth house and tail in the third maybe he is more interested in the higher things in life and neglects the day-to-day communications.

They are not close to any planets but I think the square to jupiter can also be counted (according to Ptolemy ?)

Any thoughts appreciated.

Matt