skyPlux software

Hello,

this is my first post at skyscript forum and i would like to let everyone know about a traditional astrology application that i've been implementing since last year. Hope this is the right place to do it! The software is named skyPlux, and can be found at http://www.skyplux.com/ .

For now, only the web application is available, but a Win/Mac/Linux desktop app and mobile/tablet touch versions are being worked on. The web version has the advantage of being accessible everywhere in the world, and is always updated. The other versions will have that same characteristic!
The interface is slick and very simple, something which I believe is very important, and has features such as:

- Basic ones
* Chart design
* Essential dignities and scores according to William Lilly's methods
* Antiscia/Contrantiscia display

- Protocols
* Almutem of the map
* Temperament of the native
* Behavior and Mentality
(All these in line with the traditional astrology book by Luis Ribeiro and Helena Avelar at http://www.amazon.com/Heavenly-Spheres- ... 866906096/ which I recommend as a great synthesis of traditional astrology methods)

- Predictives
* Solar Return
* Profections
* Primary Directions

The application is still in its infancy (version 0.2.5) and growing, but i think some of its features such as the protocols and primary directions/profections can be useful already.
So, this is an invitation for everyone to use the application and joining the mailing list if you want to know about releases and/or features added. If you have any suggestions, I follow regularly this forum, or can be contacted by email (in skyplux site, contacts).

Thanks very much,
Jo?o Ventura @ skyPlux

Re: skyPlux software

Hello!

I saw your post today and checked the software: it is
an interesting feature specially for those who are frequently traveling and need astrological information. Astrodienst is good but it is impossible to configure a chart without minor aspects and without outers. So I really liked your software:-)

However, I was not able to get the right ASC. Can you help me?
time zone: I put - 3 ( Brazil)
latitude: -23:32
longitude: -46:37

The right ASC is Libra, but I got Cancer in the program. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks and congratulations!

Cl?lia

jventura wrote:Hello,

this is my first post at skyscript forum and i would like to let everyone know about a traditional astrology application that i've been implementing since last year. Hope this is the right place to do it! The software is named skyPlux, and can be found at http://www.skyplux.com/ .

For now, only the web application is available, but a Win/Mac/Linux desktop app and mobile/tablet touch versions are being worked on. The web version has the advantage of being accessible everywhere in the world, and is always updated. The other versions will have that same characteristic!
The interface is slick and very simple, something which I believe is very important, and has features such as:

- Basic ones
* Chart design
* Essential dignities and scores according to William Lilly's methods
* Antiscia/Contrantiscia display

- Protocols
* Almutem of the map
* Temperament of the native
* Behavior and Mentality
(All these in line with the traditional astrology book by Luis Ribeiro and Helena Avelar at http://www.amazon.com/Heavenly-Spheres- ... 866906096/ which I recommend as a great synthesis of traditional astrology methods)

- Predictives
* Solar Return
* Profections
* Primary Directions

The application is still in its infancy (version 0.2.5) and growing, but i think some of its features such as the protocols and primary directions/profections can be useful already.
So, this is an invitation for everyone to use the application and joining the mailing list if you want to know about releases and/or features added. If you have any suggestions, I follow regularly this forum, or can be contacted by email (in skyplux site, contacts).

Thanks very much,
Jo?o Ventura @ skyPlux
http://www.astrologiahumana.com

Clelia Romano wrote: However, I was not able to get the right ASC. Can you help me?

The right ASC is Libra, but I got Cancer in the program. Am I doing something wrong?
Hello Clelia,

everything seems fine to me!
Did you insert the birthdate in the form "year/month/day"?
Are you sure about the timezone?
If you insert the data like you mentioned, are all planets in the positions that you want, specially Sun and Moon (exact degree/min)? If they are, it has to do with the timezone or lat/long data, but they seem correct to me!

I don't like my softwares to have any/serious errors, so when you confirm these informations please give some feedback.

Thanks,
Jo?o Ventura

My fault: It was the wrong zone!

Congratulations! It?s impressive: I got the same results using Janus for profections and solar return!

I loved it! How comes nobody noticed a so handy program!?

well done!

Cl?lia

jventura wrote:
Clelia Romano wrote: However, I was not able to get the right ASC. Can you help me?

Hello Clelia,

everything seems fine to me!
Did you insert the birthdate in the form "year/month/day"?
Are you sure about the timezone?
If you insert the data like you mentioned, are all planets in the positions that you want, specially Sun and Moon (exact degree/min)? If they are, it has to do with the timezone or lat/long data, but they seem correct to me!

I don't like my softwares to have any/serious errors, so when you confirm these informations please give some feedback.

Thanks,
Jo?o Ventura
http://www.astrologiahumana.com

This is a nifty program. I haven't experimented with it extensively, but it has worked well with my sample charts and I especially appreciate the temperament calculation. I use Safari as the browser on my Mac, and so far have not encountered any problems. Thank you, Joao!

Just checked it out and after a few hitches I read the help file <grin>. It gives results acccording to my own calculations and is a nice surprise these days with 600 U$ programs etc. Look forward to the manual and the last tab on the set with Temperament working for me <grin>
Majid Buell
Join the stream of Universal Life!

skyplux

I am not getting the correct ascendant, and the planetary positions are incorrect. I've checked the data several times.

June 30, 1956 Born 14:54 (2:54 pm) Eastern Daylight Savings Time (+4) Latitude 41 deg 01 min North Long 80 deg 21 min South
(United States)

Can someone help me? I must be having a brain block !!

Thanks !!!

Hi all,

@Clelia, glad you worked it out!
Just a generic commentary: most of the times people are not certain about timezones and/or different hours. This is because most sotfwares abstracts people from that knowledge, and they just have to insert the date/time. The problem is that in some years, the timezones can change because of changes on the daylight saving times.

I'll give an example. Here in Portugal, before 1911, the Portuguese official time was GMT - 36 minutes. Why 36 minutes? Because we are about 9 degrees west of Greenwhich and 9*4=36 (4 is how many minutes the sun "walks" 1 degree). And after 1911, we had years that the Summer Hour was GMT+1, others GMT+2 and others only GMT. Everything is in a table of the national astronomers, of course. But who guarantees me that next year Summer Hour will be GMT+1 or other? A software bought 3 or more years ago certainly won't know, especially if not connected to the internet.

And you should see the quantity of people out there drawing and interpreting the wrong charts!

@Astraea, glad you appreciated. The temperament is a very important technique for background knowledge about a person's way of expression. Is the person more introverted or more extroverted, etc.

I have done some works regarding statistical methods and experimentation on some data (done an analysis to the almutem technique and published the results in the Tradition journal issue #3, done a analysis of religion-people with about 200 charts and extracted automatically statistics [did you now that more than 40% of priests have Venus in House4?]) and i would like to experiment cross-referencing the temperament data with psychology data.
In case any one with degree in psychology is interested, contact me?

@majid, thanks for your input. Just noticed that the Help is not fully visible. It must be corrected in the next versions.

I'm currently working on a version for desktop PC's which will be functional in all major operating systems (Mac/Linux/Win) and also for those less known (BeOS, GoogleOs, etc.). A port for touch tablets-pc's (ipads, android devices, meego/nokia devices) is also being worked on, so you won't see many updates in the web version application soon.

I'll try to keep everyone posted in the forum, or you can visit regularly the website for changes or join the mailing list in the website.

Thanks,
Jo?o Ventura

Hello,

just a brief post to say that a new version of skyPlux (0.3) has been uploaded and is ready for use. It has suffered a major interface redesign, and I believe it is even more intuitive and faster to use now.

The main changes are:
* New, polished interface
* Better tab navigation
* You can "see" information of several people at the same time (altough on different tabs)
* Faster and intuitive

You can watch a small screencast which shows how the application can be used (sorry for the english, it is not my native language): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXgpzAiuVcs

The main page is at: http://www.skyplux.com/
You can click the top image to access the application. I suggest to set the browser to fullscreen while using the application, or use a browser such as Google Chrome (free and available on the internet) which allows a bigger view area.

If you find any explicit errors in the software, please mail me or post it here, and i'll correct them ASAP.

More features will be added in the meanwhile, just stay tuned!

Enjoy skyPlux,
Jo?o Ventura
Last edited by jventura on Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joao, thank you for your continuing work on this great web-based program! My only issue with the latest version is that the melancholic temperament color is yellow, and I can't see the numbers on my screen - even when I turn the monitor for contrast.

I agree about the Melancholic color. It needs some amber or brown tint to it with the background you have. Other than that its a great re-make.
Majid Buell :'
Join the stream of Universal Life!