Re: Skyplux and LMT entries..

Hi Majid and Dione T,
majid wrote:Does Skyplux calculate before 1900? I was trying to enter the LMT for Tokyo in 1889 which is 9:19:04 in LMT and the there was a 'crash' in that I got no images on both Google Chrome and Opera. I am trying out the data for the day the Meiji Emperor declared the constitution of Japan that was in operation for WW2 and the first Atom Bomb etc. I estimate from an eyewitness in the hall (NYT 1889) that it must have been around 11:15 AM LMT.
Majid Buell
Majid,

yes, skyPlux computes to dates before 1900.. What is the data you are inserting? Maybe it is a new bug, i've been updating small things behind the scenes, and maybe i've created a new error!
Dione T wrote: I can't open the "mentality" tab. It may be my fault and is not essential but you may want to check it (am using FF 3.6.13).

A request - if it can be implemented easily - it would be very handy to see Vx in the charts. I know it is not a point of attention for most but, I find it irreplaceable for mundane (and helpful in serious matters like health issues in horary).

My fav part of your program is giving one-click access to all 4 ingresses. Very helpful and nice touch. Thumbs up
Dione T,

the "mentality" is still not working, so no problem there! :)
About your request, what is Vx? Vesta?
Glad you enjoy the one-click access. I have employed considerable time figuring a way to make skyPlux user-friendly and intuitive, and i'm glad to see that i'm on the right track regarding that aspect. But my plan is to simplify even more the interface, to accommodate the new functionalities that are being implemented..

Thanks,
Jo?o Ventura

You did a very nice job on the user interface. The only nit I might complain about is how you handle timezones. I think it would be more intuitive if you were to require the TZ to be entered so that West is negative and East is positive - that is the actual difference of the zone rather than the adjustment value to get to TDT.

Thanks for the lovely program!

- Ed

Ed F wrote:You did a very nice job on the user interface. The only nit I might complain about is how you handle timezones. I think it would be more intuitive if you were to require the TZ to be entered so that West is negative and East is positive - that is the actual difference of the zone rather than the adjustment value to get to TDT.

Thanks for the lovely program!
- Ed
Hi Ed,

yeah, the data entering is still not the most usable thing. I've been leaving it behind since the first version, and someday i will have to face it.. :D
Yes, i use the (arithmetic) difference to calculate the UTC time given the TZ. The way you said (TZ negative for West, positive for East), is it the most used way? It is just a matter of exchanging a minus to a plus sign in the calculation of UTC..

Thanks,
Jo?o Ventura

jventura wrote: The way you said (TZ negative for West, positive for East), is it the most used way? It is just a matter of exchanging a minus to a plus sign in the calculation of UTC..

Thanks,
Jo?o Ventura
It's what I'm most used to; others may have different opinions.

Dione T wrote:
jventura wrote: About your request, what is Vx? Vesta?
Is Vertex. :)
(I know Vx is not an essentiality and I will understand if you do not implement it, I just have noticed it often forming close conjunctions (0-2 degrees) in critical times).
With all due respect Dione T, Jo?o Ventura has clearly stated in his first post to us that he had made available a traditional astrology application. No Vertex in traditional astrology I'm afraid :(

majid wrote:Re the Data:Meiji Constitution
February 11 1889 Tokyo, Japan Time 11:15 AM
139E45 35N41 LMT 9:19:04
Majid Buell
Hi Majid,

i've tracked it down, and the problem is about the timezone. The timezone in skyPlux (still) must be a number (in hours) like 4, -10.3, etc., and not a string like "9:19:04". So, the data is correct, but the timezone "9:19:04" must be converted to hours, and it is about 9.3 hours, so you must insert -9.3 in the timezone field (because Japan is ahead of UTC time)..

Yes, this kind of things is not very intuitive, but as i said in a previous post, i still haven't managed to simplify the data insertion, but it is becoming more and more of a priority.

Jo?o Ventura

jerd wrote:
Dione T wrote:
jventura wrote: About your request, what is Vx? Vesta?
Is Vertex. :)
(I know Vx is not an essentiality and I will understand if you do not implement it, I just have noticed it often forming close conjunctions (0-2 degrees) in critical times).
With all due respect Dione T, Jo?o Ventura has clearly stated in his first post to us that he had made available a traditional astrology application. No Vertex in traditional astrology I'm afraid :(
Hi,

jerd is right, Vertex is not part of the astrology tradition. However, i'm not a fundamentalist regarding this, and if some "things" outside the tradition indeed work better, there is always a chance to insert some kind of option to add it to the software.

However, i'm an (extreme) fundamentalist regarding justification. For instance, if Dione T could make a study, using a statistical-based approach, like showing that the use of Vertex in a study is consistent with an hypothesis, it would give us all a great work, and yes, i would add an option for that in the software with all merits to the study's author.. :)

Thanks,
Jo?o Ventura

jventura wrote: However, i'm an (extreme) fundamentalist regarding justification. For instance, if Dione T could make a study, using a statistical-based approach, like showing that the use of Vertex in a study is consistent with an hypothesis, it would give us all a great work, and yes, i would add an option for that in the software with all merits to the study's author.. :)

Thanks,
Jo?o Ventura
Not a problem! Like I said I would understand if you didn't add the option. :)
Be kind, but be brave.

http://wroskopos.wordpress.com/

majid wrote:Re: Japan entry.
Got the idea no minutes and seconds in the TZ!
Majid Buell
Hi again Majid,

yes, no minutes and seconds, but do the conversion to hours.
Eg: 10 hours and 30 minutes is 10,5 hours and not only 10.. I'm just being explicit, may someone truncate the value instead of doing the right thing, that is the conversion to hours..

Jo?o Ventura