Buying a house

Hi people,

I've been looking to buy a property as an investment or as a second house, and today I had my offer accepted. All of sudden I felt panicked, thinking that I might regret later if I buy this house now.
I decided to run a horary asking - "is this house a good or bad deal" and I am not happy with the look of the chart. My ruler Mercury (in the 5th) is in applying square to Saturn (in the 2nd house). Not only that, but Saturn is also in the second house of my own money. Oh grief!
I knew I'd be having regrets buying this house.
However, Venus - the money ruler is in applying trine to Saturn - the original ruler of property. What to make of this?
Moon is just perfecting a square to Venus in the 4th and then is going void until it gets out of sign, wich tells me that probably I will decide not to proceed with this offer. I'm still trying to decide even thou I am more inclined to buy it, because the lot is just beautiful even thou the house is old..
What do you think of this chart. Am I worried with reasons?

Hi Grenadine - have you read Lilly's Christian Astrology? Book II is helpful. Here is one quote about property:
Of the goodnesse or badnesse of the Land or House.

[House or Land, good or ill.]
If you find in the 4th house the 2 Infortunes, very potent or peregrine, or if the Lord of the 4th be Retrograde or unfortunate, or in Fall or Detriment, ?twill never continue long with your Posterity.

But if either Jupiter, Venus or North Node be in the 4th, or the Lord of the 4th in his owne house, viz. in the 4th, the Purchaser may expect good successe in the Land or House now in buying, and that it may continue a long time with his Posterity, and it?s an argument he shall have good encrease for his Money by that Bargaine.
If this is a question of the property being a good find to increase income, etc. I would focus especially on Jupiter ruling the 4th and Venus in the 4th. They are both peregrine, however (depending on whether you use Dorthean triplicities for Jupiter or not). I realize Saturn is influencing the 2nd house and other things, but the house itself is akin to a quesited in the situation and you didn't seem to mention its own rulership and Venus ruling the 2nd and influencing the 4th (also the north node). The benefics are less helpful when peregrine, though and Saturn's influence would constrict their beneficial qualities. Mars is also probably within orb of the 6th, so the 6th seems troublesome for finding good tenants (they may be what costs you). Neptune is feral in the 6th, and that seems strange - deception, drug use, etc.? Maybe water damage, I don't know.

I think Saturn stationary in the 2nd with Venus applying via sextile, it is probably talking about tenants (6th ruler in the 2nd and 2nd ruler applying to the 6th) more so than the property?

Hi, Tanit, thanks for answering. I liked reading your posts in this Forum and that's what I've been doing in the past 2 hours - reading the first few pages in the horary forum.

There will not be tenants in the house, more so I am planning to move there and rent my present house. The question had more to do with the value of the house - I'm afraid that I might buy a house which will turn out to be of not much value later on, or that probably I will dislike living there and regret investing in it. It's an old house with a large 2 acre beautiful lot. Of course, I am buying this house hoping for it's value to soar after few years.

In this horary, I was looking more at the condition of my own ruler (Mercury) and anything that connects me with the property. I really dislike the fact that my Mercury is applying to square Saturn - the traditional ruler of house properties. I think I will be disappointed by this house. Saturn is in the 2nd house while squaring my ruler, which spells for money not well invested. On top of it - Moon is just squaring Venus - the ruler of the 2nd after that goes void of course.

However, Venus sextille Saturn is indeed nice. And the quote you posted for me from Lilly's Christian Astrology is just awesome - Both Venus and North Node are in the 4th and Venus is beaming a nice sextille to Saturn - the lord of real estate.
I don't know.....

I really dislike the fact that my Mercury is applying to square Saturn - the traditional ruler of house properties. I think I will be disappointed by this house. Saturn is in the 2nd house while squaring my ruler, which spells for money not well invested. On top of it - Moon is just squaring Venus - the ruler of the 2nd after that goes void of course.
Perhaps, but you are under Saturn's rulership and applying to Saturn, so it seems to mostly describe your pessimism and worry, since you are bringing the influence to Saturn and are under his domicile. Mercury in Capricorn is already sort of known for being a bit of a worry-wort. Capricorn influences are so common in questions where people are agonizing over an issue and over-analyzing it. I always remember Dolly's question on stocks where Moon was in Cap and her hesitation is what cost her money in the end - she dropped out before the stock rose. http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4610

Just my perception, though! I could be wrong, of course.

If you use the Dorothean/Egyptian scheme, then Venus holds term and Jupiter holds term and triplicity.

It does look like a good property, and the price seems fair, as well.

10th house ruler - price. Which makes you the Moon, in this, I think.

Tanit, you make a good point, thanks for easing my mind a bit. I am going to walk around the property tomorrow and get some more feel about it.
You know how it is with real estate- once you buy it, you can't return in the store or throw in the garbage..

Tanit wrote: Neptune is feral in the 6th, and that seems strange - deception, drug use, etc.? Maybe water damage, I don't know.
To be honest - I've been thinking about ghosts, since this nice victorian house is built in the late 40's and has been inhabited for the past few years (the owners died and the next in keen lives in another state).
Otherwise, I'll bring an inspector to appraise the house for any damages.

Olivia wrote:If you use the Dorothean/Egyptian scheme, then Venus holds term and Jupiter holds term and triplicity.

10th house ruler - price. Which makes you the Moon, in this, I think.
Olivia, thanks.
The price is good - it was worth about 200K two years ago and I'm buying it for 50K now. (Atlanta subs)
Last edited by Grenadine on Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

:' I am agreeing with Olivia here.

Saturn is afflictive to the ASC ruler and rules a difficult house (6th) but I have to wonder if this is just a personal issue. Besides Dolly's post, I know at least two romance horaries offhand with the querent in Capricorn and 6th house stuff making them be in misery when it's just fear/hesitation. Were Saturn in the 4th or the 4th were otherwise afflictive for you, etc. I might agree that Saturn is a bad omen for the house itself.

Oh, and I read the dignities a bit backwards. Jupiter rules the night fire triplicity anyway and has term, so he's not peregrine. Venus has term dignity also.

Apart from what Olivia and Tanit have already said, Saturn is dignified in Libra, sign of agreement: I believe that, being present in your 2nd, it?s showing that you?ll get a good value for your money.
Saturn ruling the 6th may also be showing the new house, if we assume your current house is the 4th and your prospective house the 3rd from the 4th (6th in the chart).
The Moon in the 1st makes the issue of the house the most relevant one for yourself and in the chart.

In my opinion, the house is a good deal, and Jupiter ruling the 4th just beginning its Aries transit also suggests that you?ll embark yourself in an exciting new adventure if you buy the house.

Good luck with it and give us feedback! :D

Have a good one,

M.
www.starryherald.com.ar

I agree with the aforementioned. Jupiter is in rather good state essentially (triplicity+term), but close to the cusp of the 8th house. This worries me a little. Saturn is in the 2nd house, but essentially strong, a possible indication of financial stability (provided that the rest of chart corroborates this). The last aspect of the Moon is conjunction with Jupiter by antiscion.

I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss this house. Maybe when I have a little more time, I will take a closer look to it. I'm sure that you will find the section from CA that Tanit mentioned, very helpful. Good luck.

Here's the excerpt from Christian Astrology I was thinking of:

"If you find in the 4th house the 2 Infortunes, very potent or peregrine, or if the Lord of the 4th be Retrograde or unfortunate, or in Fall or Detriment, ?twill never continue long with your Posterity..

But if either Jupiter, Venus or North Node be in the 4th, or the Lord of the 4th in his owne house, viz. in the 4th, the Purchaser may expect good successe in the Land or House now in buying, and that it may continue a long time with his Posterity, and it?s an argument he shall have good encrease for his Money by that Bargaine."

And also (about renting a property):

"If the Lord of the Ascendant shall be in the Ascendant or Signe ascending, or shall have a Sextile or Trifle aspect unto the Signe ascending, but more properly to the degree ascending, within the moyity of his owne Orbs, or if in the Ascendant there be a Fortune, whether essentially dignified or not, or if Part Of Fortune be therein placed, and not impedited, it?s an argument or testimony the Farmer shall take the House, Land or Farme, and is full of hope to doe good thereby, or that it will be a good Bargaine, and he obtain much profit thereby, and that he hath much liking to the thing, and is well pleased therewith.

But if an Infortune be in the Ascendant (it?s no matter which of them) if the man have taken the thing ere he come unto you, it now repents him; if he have not taken it already, he has no will thereunto; or if he does take it, he will presently post it off to some other party, for he nothing at all earns for the Bargaine."

Thanks everybody for your time and input.

So, just one day before agreeing to the contract, I didn't sleep well and was feeling torn trying to figure out if I liked that house or not. Was it worth it? That was the night I posted this horary chart here.
The next day, another house, which was at a better value and a better price respectfully, surprisingly popped up on the market, just listed as a foreclosure. I acted immediately, beacuse I really liked that house, went to see it that same morning, I liked it, I made an offer right away and 2 days later the listing agent called and said that the bank had accepted my offer. I'm in process of closing up the house in 10 days.

I think that in the horary chart my actions were represented by that Mercury (me)/Saturn square - me having doubts about the house and subconsciously sabbotaging the purchase. The fact that Moon was dead on squaring Venus (the 4th house ruler) and then going void of course, suggests that I was in the middle of it, but the immediate void after that showed that nothing would happen after all.