Moon's Last Aspect

Hi Everyone

This is my first post, though I've been reading for a while. Hope someone can help me out with this chart I've been trying to judge. It was cast at 10.56 pm on 1st October 04 in London, UK. 51n30 0w10. BST (British Summer Time).

The problem is really regarding the Moon's last aspect. The question was whether I am going to meet someone new soon and there were no restrictions to judging the chart, which was a good sign. The planetary hour matched up and everything looked rosey. The sign on the 7th is Capricorn so Saturn rules the 7th and represents the other person. Saturn is in the first house and the moon (ruler of the ascendant) is in the 11th house applying to a sextile with Saturn in about 7 degrees. Also, the ascendant is cancer, which is also my natal ascendant, so that made a lot of sense and Saturn in the chart is actually at 26 degrees which IS my natal ascendant degree. (Yeah, I know, someone pass the tissues, I'm going through a Saturn thing right now).

The moon and Saturn are in mixed reception I think, with Saturn in the moon's sign (cancer) and the moon in an earth sign (taurus), so maybe he's going to like me more than I like him. Now that would make a change!

So far so good. But... this is where I hit the problem because I wanted to verify that the moon showed the last event (which should have been something like the last bad relationship) but the moon has only made a sextile to the ascendant and obviously trine the descendant so far whilst in Taurus, apart from conjuncting the north node (which I'm pretty sure I read that the north node only increases whatever qualities the planet crossing or aspecting it has and the south node decreases the qualities).

So should I be considering the moon's sextile to the ascendant (do planets aspect the angles other than conjunction?) and if so what could it mean or should I take it as the moon has not made any aspects in that sign yet and the first aspect it makes from Taurus is the sextile to Saturn? If so, then I would presume this to mean that nothing has happened before as I don't know the person yet?

Does anyone even agree that there is someone on the horizon or have I got it all horribly wrong?

Last thing I'm wondering is whether I could possibly dare try to time this thing. Well if it is going to happen, then I would take the degrees between the moon and Saturn, which is nearly 7, and Moon being in a succedent house and earth sign, could I be looking at nearly 7 weeks? Please don't tell me 7 months, and no way 7 years???

Any help will be well appreciated.

Thanks.
Asc.

I'm glad you have such a promising chart. In the chart I have the Moon's very last contact was a square to Neptune which I think would show someone coming out of an emotionally dissapointing relationship which would leave them feeling weakened and confused. Maybe there was some emotional dishonesty or a lack of clarity in that relationship ? The aspect has separated by 6 and a half degrees, so if this makes sense in terms of identifying the full awareness of a previous situation or state signified by that Moon-Neptune contact, you can use that to help establish a sense of timing for the future contacts of the Moon. (Or you could even go back to the Moon's earlier sextile with Uranus at the beginning of its current sign - does that relate to a past event that brought a shock or disturbing realisation of something you hadn't accounted for?)

Re: Moon's Last Aspect

The moon and Saturn are in mixed reception I think, with Saturn in the moon's sign (cancer) and the moon in an earth sign (taurus), so maybe he's going to like me more than I like him. Now that would make a change!
Hi,
actually there is no mixed reception here. Saturn dignifies the Moon, true, but the Moon holds none of Saturn's dignities. She is exalted, in her own triplicity and face, and in the terms of Jupiter. This is a pretty comfortable Moon, I have to say: in the fortunate 11th house, completely in sect (hayz) and holding strong dignity. This suggests that your circumstances right now are quite alright, and you don't have what might be termed a "desperate need".
However, you asked the question, and yes, the Moon is applying by sextile to Saturn, suggesting a relationship - or at the very least a meeting - but please bear in mind that Saturn is in detriment and in the first house, suggesting that this person may well have difficulties and "issues" which he might come to depend on you to help with ( Saturn dignifies the Moon). I've often found that a good applying aspect to a planet in debility doesn't promise all that it might (Deb, maybe you can confirm this, I'm sure it's in CA somewhere but I can't put my hand to it at the moment).
So far so good. But... this is where I hit the problem because I wanted to verify that the moon showed the last event (which should have been something like the last bad relationship) but the moon has only made a sextile to the ascendant and obviously trine the descendant so far whilst in Taurus, apart from conjuncting the north node (which I'm pretty sure I read that the north node only increases whatever qualities the planet crossing or aspecting it has and the south node decreases the qualities).
I agree with Deb that the previous aspect the Moon made was a square to Neptune and that this may represent a former situation that ended in disillusionment, or possibly betrayal.

Well if it is going to happen, then I would take the degrees between the moon and Saturn, which is nearly 7, and Moon being in a succedent house and earth sign, could I be looking at nearly 7 weeks? Please don't tell me 7 months, and no way 7 years???
Um, well... the Moon is in fixed Taurus and not angular so I'd say if it hasn't happened by the first week of December then you may well be looking at 7 months. Things happen when they're supposed to happen and not earlier or later, and no matter how hard we try, we can't push a river.
One final point. As I said earlier you seem to be in quite a comfortable situation at the moment and you hold none of the dignities of Saturn so when you meet this person you may well find that he is more interested in you than vice versa. Even though this feels like a novel situation to you, be aware of any issues he (and you) bring to the relationship and stay as objective as possible.

Hope that helps.
==
Pete

Hi Deb and Pete

Thanks for your help. When I cast the chart, I actually cast it with some horary software which did not include the outer planets. After posting my message, I did notice on a "normal" chart the last aspect was to Neptune, although I thought it was supposed to be naughty to include the outer planets, as Lilly didn't and so in his chart he wouldn't have had any Neptune to play with.

That said, yes it does make some sense with the disillusionment part. It was not a betrayal, but my last relationship was when I got back with an ex and he promised me a load of ways in which he had changed (i.e. we have 3 children and he would get a job, etc) and I believed it only to realise later than he was not fulfilling his promises. This person also displays other characteristics of Neptune which I won't go into but maybe you can guess, which made them depend on me a lot, and he actually made me feel quite foggy and confused around him. Also, the slowness of Neptune could account for the fact that it wasn't a clean sudden break but a gradual extracting of him from my house which took a long time before he actually stopped coming over, even after we were "finished". So that makes it hard for me to pinpoint an actual date but I would say that since around Feb/March was when the complete break was made, in a relationship sense, as we have children so there can never be any complete break.

So if the aspect has separated by 6 1/2 degrees that would make it about mid-March, which is probably about right. Therefore, that should probably mean I should be thinking in terms of 7 months before the next aspect.

I am not sure though why the Moon is in such a strong position, as I really don't feel like that, but I can see that perhaps in some ways I am not ready for a relationship yet and am quite capable of being alone and without the hassle, specially as I feel they would probably get in the way of my horary studies!

As I mentioned previously, I have Saturn transiting my Ascendant right now and Jupiter has just entered my 4th house this week and will conjunct Venus at 10 Libra in my natal chart. I've been reading up all I can on Saturn on my Ascendant as its really hitting me hard and I find everything I'm trying is blocked at the moment. I was surprised I even got an answer here! Still, Saturn plays a big part in my natal chart, as my moon is in the 6th in Capricorn and Capricorn is also on the cusp of the 7th. Saturn in my chart is also in Aquarius, so I think it plays a major part in my natal chart. I know there must be a positive way to use the Saturn/Asc transiting conjunction but I can't work it out and all the bad sides of it seem to be hitting me. I am left alone most of the time, cold, and I really hate the dark mornings (weather wise) and feel very depressed :-cry . When can I see a light at the end of the Saturn tunnel or how can I use Saturn in a positive way so it stops trying to wrap me in its darkness?

I've even noticed that Saturn has been manifesting physically around me, such as I went to a meditation class and a small child with a Saturn description decided to sit right next to me and kept shuffling their feet and completely blocked my meditation attempt! Even the meditation teacher had to come over and apologise to me after, as it was just unbelieveable the amount of fidgeting this child did and that the mother sitting next to it said nothing, as it kept nudging me in the side! Also, a neighbour with a VERY Saturn description kept knocking or phoning everytime I was trying to do something for myself, which in effect blocked me many times lately from achieving anything. I hope I'm not going mad, but I do see Saturn everywhere at the moment.

Well thanks for listening and as always any comments would be really helpful to me.

Asc.

Hi Deb and Pete
Hi
Thanks for your help. When I cast the chart, I actually cast it with some horary software which did not include the outer planets. After posting my message, I did notice on a "normal" chart the last aspect was to Neptune, although I thought it was supposed to be naughty to include the outer planets, as Lilly didn't and so in his chart he wouldn't have had any Neptune to play with.
This is true, yet whilst most, if not all, traditional horary practitioners will acknowledge the outer planets and their various effects, we don't give them the honour of ruling a sign of the zodiac. So - Neptune is still Neptune and represents many of the things we were taught, even though imo, the Moon rules many of the things that modern astrology has ascribed to Neptune.
I am not sure though why the Moon is in such a strong position, as I really don't feel like that, but I can see that perhaps in some ways I am not ready for a relationship yet and am quite capable of being alone and without the hassle, specially as I feel they would probably get in the way of my horary studies!
Exactly. To have one's significator in such a strong position essentially, shows someone who is reasonably comfortable as they ARE, but as you see the Moon is ruled by Venus, which is the planet of love, of course...
As I mentioned previously, I have Saturn transiting my Ascendant right now and Jupiter has just entered my 4th house this week and will conjunct Venus at 10 Libra in my natal chart. I've been reading up all I can on Saturn on my Ascendant as its really hitting me hard and I find everything I'm trying is blocked at the moment.

Here's an idea: why not post your birth data on the "natal" forum along with your Saturn concerns and I'm sure someone will respond. That's the best forum to post it on.

Regards...
==
Pete