'Effect? or ?affect? us? The use here of ?effect? as a transitive verb is more interesting than affecting and reflecting. To effect something is to cause it to come into being, to bring it about, to put it in operation. Since a person is not a finished product but an ongoing process, the forces and energy represented by the planets are continually bringing us about and putting us in operation. ?So you see, Eunice, I slapped you and called you a trollop because Mars was effecting me.? Some folks have an excuse for everything.

I don?t know if it?s the same discussion though it?s obviously linked. I?ve been trying to think how I could contribute my views on this without writing an entire treatise and then concluding that I?m actually as uncertain as I was 20 years ago. It?s interesting to observe how many astrologers claim that the planets merely reflect and yet their conversation is full of explanations of how they have been affected (effected? ? good lord I?m even more confused now) by this transit or that, as if there is no responsibility for their actions under such conditions. (And before every astrologer that I?ve recently spoken to makes some smart comment, yes, I?m guilty of doing this too)

Maybe the planets don?t reflect us, affect us, or effect us. Maybe the planets are us, and we are the planets. ?As above, so below? just might be on the right track, but in looking up and down we are trying to create an observation post and getting lost in between.

Effect, reflect ...

'... how many astrologers claim that the stars merely reflect.'

The word merely is interesting here, implying lesser. What if that isn't the case? Yes, Kirk, as Ram Das said, I am that, and, I might add, it is me; however I'm not there in consciousness right now! I'm the discreet particle in this dimension, Nature's offspring if you will, looking up at those stars and planets, sensing their protective potential as illustrations of Her cycles, timings, and symbology. As a part of Nature I need to abide by her laws; so the heavens seem to reflect guidance of incalculable value for attunement lest I become lost here on earth in this seemingly separate existence. This gives the low born 'merely' a far higher status.

All,

Is a leaf effected or reflected by its tree? The instinctive and perhaps obvious answer is that it is effected by it. But this answer is built upon a concept of a separation of parts. The deeper answer may be that a leaf is reflected by its tree.

Kevin

Both.

The light from the Sun both effects and reflects us.

One can see a leaf reflected within the shape of a tree and a tree reflected within the shape of a leaf ... what the tree absorbs effects the leaf, what the leaf absorbs effects the tree.

As above, so below.