The Life & Work of Vettius Valens
by Deborah Houlding
Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Thinking about presenting at UAC...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sunny Dawn

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: Thinking about presenting at UAC... Reply with quote

Thinking about presenting at UAC 2012, if I can just get the money together to register by Sept 15, and I need to come up with two possible topics - the selection committee will pick the best one.

For the first topic, I'm thinking about doing "Synastry of the Great Love Affairs" - I want to do couples where at least one person is still alive, so no Napoleon and Josephine. I'm thinking Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, Loretta Lynn and her husband Doolittle Lynn, and I need one more couple (please make some suggestions, folks - I don't need birth-times, published birth dates will be sufficient - you don't need to do the research for me - just give me names of who you think represents a great love affair where at least one person in the couple is still alive).

"Synastry of the Great Love Affairs" should be a topic that conference attendees gravitate towards, as long as I can figure out a creative write-up, which I think I can do.

A Venus occultation occurs next year around the time of UAC 2012, so I'm really hoping this topic is going to "resonate" with the selection committee.

Now, I also need an idea for a second topic. Here's where my astro posse on here comes in. What type of topic would fascinate you folks, and make you want to take your lunch and sit in a small conference room for an hour, even though you had been attending workshops by famous astrologers all day? Just throw out some ideas...

If I end up pulling this off, and I use an idea from my astro forum "team", you will definitely get credit and attribution during the presentation.

And if anyone is planning on attending UAC 2012, please let me know...I need a roommate;.>!

My Blog: http://slushpileastrology.blogspot.com/
SGFoxe

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm kinda sorta planning on uac -- trade room, and i will need a roommate, but it was my understanding that all applications were in months ago and they have already made selections ... since i did apply and was disappointed at not being chosen

how come you have such a late deadline?
Sunny Dawn

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: These are the lunchtime lecture slots... Reply with quote

Lunchtime lecture slots have a deadline of Sept 15. Actual presentation slots are only for astrologers with an established reputation in the community - there is too much money at stake to try out unproven astrologers at something as big as UAC.

There is also a roommate coordinator for UAC, and I'm probably going to try that route.

Anybody with an idea on the original topic...? Bend my ear a little, please, please.

My Blog: http://slushpileastrology.blogspot.com/
Southern Writer

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave a list of ideas for both. Somehow became logged off, and not it's gone? crying
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: