Is her pet safe?

My friend lost her pet a few months ago. One of the neighbour's left her garden gate open and the dog has been missing ever since. She has been deeply upset by the loss. Yesterday she asked me if I could just tell her if her dog was safe; she has lost hope of him ever coming back to her.

I cast a horary:
"Is my pet safe"; 21 Sep 2011, Basking Ridge, NJ, 3:27 PM
15 degrees 17 minutes Capricorn ascendant.

I don't have the means to insert the chart right now but I will later. She is signfied by Saturn. But I think my details below can you help you get a picture of what is happening.

Her pet is signified by the 6th house with Gemini on the cusp, ruled by Mercury, 22 deg 29 minutes in Virgo. Mercury is strong in its own, BUT is in her 8th house and combust the Sun in 6 degrees.

Leo is on the cusp of the 8th, so the pet appears to be in good health (strong in its own sign) BUT in the posession (2nd from the 7th, i.e. the radical 8th) and "power" (combust the sun) of the "other" (7th house).

Cancer is on the cusp of the 7th ruled by the Moon. Moon is conjunct the descendant, so that would appear to me to imply the Moon is representing the "other person", and not the querent. The Moon is coming to a sextile with Mercury in 8 degrees; so not sure if this shows contact of the querent with her pet or contact of the "other person" with the pet?

What is further throwing me off is that the pet is still in the radical 8th, and combust the sun, so not sure how to reconcile this with the fact that it is strong in its own dignity?

If the pet was dead, would it be signified by its location in the radical 8th or the 8th from the 6th?

Your help (and her subsequent peace of mind) would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

There's a slight contradiction but it's probably dead.

L6 (ME) is in the 8th. That's a strong testimony that it's dead.

The Moon which is the general significatrix of the lost objects/beings (and Cancer takes up the larger portion of the 6th house) is in square with Saturn, the Quesited's L8.

There is a slight contradiction because Saturn is also L1 (the Querent) but since it is a square and the Moon also opposes the ASC, I think it refers to the fact that the Querent will not see her pet again.

Sorry. I hope I'm wrong. :???:

The Moon which is the general significatrix of the lost objects/beings (and Cancer takes up the larger portion of the 6th house) is in square with Saturn, the Quesited's L8.

Seiko,
I missed the upcoming square to Saturn, which as you say is indeed the 8th of the pet.

A couple of quick questions regarding this:
1) So even though this is the querent's 8th, you still consider this to be a testimony that the pet is dead? I was wondering how you came to this?

2) Regardless, I think you are correct and the pet is dead. I'm wondering if the manner of death can be determined? i.e. run over by a car? put to sleep in the pound since stray pet?

Thank you for your succinct and vey decisive analysis.

Taurus7 wrote:

Seiko,
I missed the upcoming square to Saturn, which as you say is indeed the 8th of the pet.

A couple of quick questions regarding this:
1) So even though this is the querent's 8th, you still consider this to be a testimony that the pet is dead? I was wondering how you came to this?

2) Regardless, I think you are correct and the pet is dead. I'm wondering if the manner of death can be determined? i.e. run over by a car? put to sleep in the pound since stray pet?

Thank you for your succinct and vey decisive analysis.
1) It's both the 8th of the Figure and the 8th of the Quesited. Someone is not reading CA here. :brows Besides, I know this from a number of charts. Sadly.

2) Are you kidding me? Everybody wants to know details. It involves a lot of guesswork, people. Mercury rules both L6 and the sign intercepted in the 8th with Mercury himself "posited therein". So it's probably caused in large part by the pet itself. Also, the Sun, L8, is received by Mercury so that's another argument in favor of the notion it caused it itself. Virgo rules health and diet.

The Quesited's L8 is Saturn but his "malice is abated" by being in conjunction with his Dispositor Venus.

So we could say it was not a violent death. It does not exclude being put away (even though I think Saturn shows a rather slow process and Mercury is applying to the Sun which presumably shows a gradual deterioration) but I think it's of natural causes (Virgo rules health) and/or poor diet (still Virgo) or lack of it.

Lilly says Saturn + Venus has something to do with poison. So maybe the pet ate something bad (diet) and poisoned itself.

Taurus7 wrote:Seiko,
Thank you kindly for looking at the horary.
I agree with your judgement.

- Taurus7
You're welcome. Too bad it wasn't good news. Well, there is a chance that I'm wrong about it being dead but I'm usually right when I don't want to be.