Rules of Attraction...Translation of Light?

Is "X" Attracted to me?
10-2-2004
13:10
Penn Valley,CA
121W04'00" 39N13'00"

This chart has me presented me with what I believe is Translation of Light by the Moon between significators, JU ruling 1,and ME Ruling 7. The chart is what it is; my only question: Is the Moon in fact translating light between JU/ME? This may be my "first translation of light chart" --I sound like a parent who's baby just said her first words! :D I've read much about it, but it never came up in the charts I've done...Am i on track with this or off the mark? thanks. As far as the chart goes, Yeah, I know Mercury looks pretty Fried by Sun, Peregrine, etc. a real mess.--(though quite cute...)

Re: Rules of Attraction...Translation of Light?

This chart has me presented me with what I believe is Translation of Light by the Moon between significators, JU ruling 1,and ME Ruling 7. The chart is what it is; my only question: Is the Moon in fact translating light between JU/ME?

Hi Pat,
the chart I've got shows the Moon at 0 Gemini, Jupiter at 1 Libra, Mars at 4 Libra and Mercury at 7 Libra. Although the Moon is in dignities of both Mercury and Jupiter, she would have to have been separating from the trine of Jupiter and applying immediately to the trine of Mercury for this to have been translation from the MO to JU-MER. Here the Moon has yet to apply to Jupiter, and Mars falls between JU and MER anyway.
So it looks like you'll have to look a wee bit further for your first elusive translation of light, alas...

==
Pete

Pete wrote:Although the Moon is in dignities of both Mercury and Jupiter, she would have to have been separating from the trine of Jupiter and applying immediately to the trine of Mercury for this to have been translation from the MO to JU-MER. Here the Moon has yet to apply to Jupiter, and Mars falls between JU and MER anyway.
So it looks like you'll have to look a wee bit further for your first elusive translation of light, alas...
There you go again, dashing this poor person's hopes to the ground, just as you did to me in several dozen posts that I made in the past..... :cry:

I remember so well in my deepest, darkest hours when all I had was a horary to give me a little hope that my ex will come back to me and I would post them to the forum - trying SO, SO hard to make that undeniable "NO, he's NOT coming back" into a "Yes, Yes, Yes" - that little grain of hope that I sought - posting things like "...But surely the two planets are coming together even though there's nasty Mars in the middle"... and "....but so what if the Moon is void of course!!! both the main rulers are pretty strong" and "....the main rulers are in water signs - didn't someone say that was a VERY promising sign that the relationship will develop????" and "....the main rulers have separated by ONLY 1 degree - surely that's still a conjunction.....????""""

But NO.........you cut me down mercilessly EACH time and declared authoritatively and definitively that NO, you and your ex's rulers are NOT coming to a happy reunion........ that I am sadly mistaken... NO, moon void of course does not promise perfection - no, nasty Mars in the middle is not translating, it is prohibiting - no, two planets separating, even by 2 degrees, are definitely 2 planets separating and not conjoining..... :lol:

OK, OK, SIR Peter - I believe you now....(..giggling... :D )

Good to hear from you again, although you sure are merciless in your judgements!!!

- Taurus7 - :wink:

There you go again, dashing this poor person's hopes to the ground, just as you did to me in several dozen posts that I made in the past..... :cry:
Translation:
"Unlike my deeply subjective attempt to change separating into applying, and thereby dig my own grave, you actually got it right" :brows
But NO.........you cut me down mercilessly EACH time and declared authoritatively and definitively that NO, you and your ex's rulers are NOT coming to a happy reunion........ that I am sadly mistaken... NO, moon void of course does not promise perfection - no, nasty Mars in the middle is not translating, it is prohibiting - no, two planets separating, even by 2 degrees, are definitely 2 planets separating and not conjoining..... :lol:
It's nice to see that you actually learned something :idea: :) I was beginning to think you were a hopeless case, but now I can see that all the slings and arrows I've suffered from you these past weeks have been worth the pain :'
OK, OK, SIR Peter - I believe you now....(..giggling... :D )
Hmm, it looks like I got knighted while I was away and didn't know it. I must remember to write and thank Her Majesty :lol:
Good to hear from you again, although you sure are merciless in your judgements!!!
Merciless, me? Nevah. I am however, thorough, observant, and above all, objective :lala
Good to hear from you too, Taurus - and try to remember my first rule of horary:

"You cannot turn a shovel into a wrench just because you have no desire to dig your own grave" ;-)

==
Pete

The question "Is 'X' attracted to me, can be answered this way: A planet loves the planet whose sign it is in. In this chart Lords 1 and 7 are in the same sign and therefore love the same thing(s) Unfortunately it's not each other. In cases like this, mutual reception works best. Also in such a horary it's a good idea to give Venus to the woman and the Sun to the man unless they are otherwise occupied. The querent, of course, gets the Moon.

The Querent is Jupiter in Libra. This is the querent as personality. What does Jupiter love? Well Venus, ruler of Libra. Venus is in the radical 8th in Leo ruling both the 5th house of romance and the 10th house of career. Venus is also the querent as woman and all the womanly things men like about women that are not necessary to enumerate. Ditto the Sun for a man. Note Venus is in mutual reception with the Sun. There is something here. There is definitely a mutual physical attraction.

The Moon, querent as emotional being is in a Mercury sign, so her interest in him is accounted for.

The quesited is Mercury, also in Libra, also loving Venus -- the querent as woman. More potential here than meets the eye. Alas Mercury is in combustion and getting worse.

I would say there is mutual attraction. It is physical mostly right now, but that is fairly common at the very beginning. We usually don't approach people who repulse us. However the combustion of Mercury may be a problem.

What I would like to know is this: What or who is Saturn in this chart? Everyone is nuts about Saturn, the exaltation ruler of Libra, and Saturn is weak in the detriment and on the 8th cusp. Saturn is also the triplicity ruler of Libra (and all air signs so the Moon, too, likes Saturn) in a day chart. The answer to that question might be revealing.

Hang in there, Pat. There may be more potential here than meets the eye.

Tom

Hi Tom,
I agree with all the points you've raised re the mutual attraction via the receptions in this chart. There does seem to be lots of potential, as you say.
Like you I'm concerned about the combustion of the man's significator. This would imply that he's currently feeling powerless to actually do anything. He may well be having serious financial problems, given that the Sun rules his 2nd house, and this seems to be echoed by the position of the detrimented Saturn on cusp 8.
Interestingly, Jupiter rules his 7th house, and Mercury has just separated from Jupiter as it moves into deeper combustion with the ruler of his 2nd.
The implications are intriguing...
Pat, if you'd care to elaborate on any of this it would be helpful, and instructive :)
==
Pete

Sorry for getting back late... first off, I guess I need to change my "handle" in this forum...I'm the Male here. :) I guess the question should have been phrased "is that Gorgous Brunette on the stairmaster at the Gym Attracted to me?" :brows I see her at the Gym on occasion. She has a Baby seat in her car(Real Small one). if I reverse what I think was said by pete, Is she looking for my $$? the reception stuff is interesting and frankly, I'm still getting the hang of Interpretion of reception. I'm pretty hung up on house rulerships and tend to rely on that exclusively...I mostly need to get back and re-read Tony Louis' paragraph on Translation of light. I really believed that the Moon had to beapplying to both significators, not separating from one of them... and that there cant be a planet between them...Mars (her Baby?)back to class, it seems.
Tom, on Saturn...it's in her 2nd... I recall John Frawley saying that in the scheme of Sun=man and Ve=woman, that Saturn is the "spouse" or other who would spoil our "fun". as for me, I'm unattached, so...i guess I need to step away a read this with a cool, clear head. alot to consider now and I thank you all; real educational stuff here...for the record, what is that same thing that lords of 1 & 7 Love? do we look @ house position of VE or the VE houses, 10 and 5?
I wasn't "crushed" when Pete first replied; heck, I'm so demented and at this point,astrologically frustrated, I'd probably sacrifice a " broken heart" for nailing a Horary clean and Simple! Plenty of fish in the sea, and We both want something else anyway, right? No, I won't abandon hope, but I'm not gonna stop living my life either, you know? after all, She's combust, not I! (for once)

WHOOPS! Sorry about that Pat. I'm really kicking myself because at work I'm the one demanding of others that they clarify gender when gender neutral names are used such a Chris, Pat, Gene or Jean (can't tell when it's spoken on a voice mail) etc., because I'm the one who usually gets to write business letters to these people and I have no idea if its Mr. Ms Miss or Mrs. It's even worse with Asian names for me. I should have caught it without making the assumption. So please accept my apologies.

Tom, on Saturn...it's in her 2nd... I recall John Frawley saying that in the scheme of Sun=man and Ve=woman, that Saturn is the "spouse" or other who would spoil our "fun".
If memory serves John's reference is not meant to be universal. The 7th house is the significant other. So, what happens in a question (not necessarily this one) when there are two significant others? Let's pose this question: Will my wife find out about my girlfriend?" Which woman gets the 7th house? John says that receptions will tell us and that very often the spouse ends up with Saturn, which is consistent with the question as it is the spouse that is "spoiling all the fun." It doesn't happen all the time,

In this chart I wondered about the money since Saturn rules the 2nd house of querent's money, but since this is an open forum, I didn't want to appear tacky. Second house is also self-worth, so she could be attracted to your confidence or self assurance. On the other hand it is your money (Saturn) on her 2nd cusp.

Best,

Tom