Creation

Seiko has it right. We are, first and foremost, creative beings. The Universe began with a creative act, through evolution continued creating, created some silly apes that stand on two feet and ponder the universe...We are creative beings.

If we turn to the bible, "God created the heaven and the earth..." First thing he did, then he made us in his image. Therefore, we are creators.

This universe is very literally one thing, one gigantic organism. We perceive things as separate and distinct but the underlying reality is that everything is one. And that is the How and Why astrology works. No magnetism, gravity, magical cosmic rays or other physical mechanism is required.

The horoscope does not impose a destiny on us through some physical means. It simply describes the conditions prevailing in the Moment of birth of whatever it is that may be of interest to us. Whatever is born in a given moment is not only of the nature of that moment, as Jung said, but IS that moment made manifest. I AM the Moment of my birth, made flesh and bone. That Moment is universal, and all the planets do is describe the moment.

The "mechanism" of astrology is analogy, or metaphor. All astrological symbolism derives directly from facts about the planets: their orbits, size, position, and so on. The solar system is a system, and it is complete in itself, thus a universe in miniature, just as man is whole and also a universe in miniature. The one mirrors the other exactly because they are in fact one.

I used to drive taxicab and one day I picked up a "crew chief" from JPL in Pasadena and took him to the airport. We were together, talking, for about an hour. This man was a real rocket scientist, the boss of other rocket scientists. Some years before I met him I had read a very short article about an experiment in which a single source of light was allowed two exit holes -- one facing "north," the other "south." In the path of the northbound beam was a mirror placed at 45 degrees to its path, thus making the beam turn 90 degrees, toward the west. The path of the southbound beam was open. When the northbound beam hit the mirror and turned west......yes, the southbound beam turned west too.

I asked the rocket scientist if he had heard of this experiment. He said, Yes. He thought for just a second, then said, "Kinda metaphysical, isn't it?" This universe is metaphysical and is all connected, as the light beams tell us.

Addendum

A brief glance at world history can give us some insight on this Oneness. I'm American and my ancestors were Puritans, emigrants from England in the early 17th century. As I began looking at these ancestors it became clear to me that I could understand nothing about them and their lives until I understood their times and the forces at play then. So I began to study English history of that period, and earlier. Which forced me to study European history; I ended up drawing the line in 1347 with the arrival of the Black Plague. The Plague killed between 1/4 and 1/3 of the population of Western Europe in about 3 years. This destroyed the existing social order and forced the creation of a new one. Along came Gutenburg with his handy-dandy printing press, followed shortly by Martin Luther (what an interesting horoscope/life that one is) who challenged the Church almost single-handed. Out of Luther comes Calvin, who made people learn to read and to govern themselves. The Puritans grew out of his teachings. Then feeling unwanted at home in England, and taking advantage of the hapless Charlie (he had signed a charter giving them the right to govern themselves from the colony, rather than from England...which put them out of reach)....well, the Puritans developed customs and habits -- they could all read, and they were dead set on self-governance...which led to the form taken by the Colonies as a new country. The connected chain of events and ideas goes on and on. The present stands squarely on the shoulders of the distant past. The red fleas that came out of China riding on black rats 700 years ago are not unrelated to the

We can follow our biological evolution back in time in the same way, and what we find is that we are apes, who came from an earlier form, and an earlier one, and then we see that we are nothing more than glorified bacteria. And the bacteria...well, we and every single thing that surrounds and supports us...were born in an ancient star. We are stardust in the most literal sense. The chain is unbroken, from the very beginning of time until today, there is a continuum which is a whole, all-inclusive, never-ending...All things are one, whether stars or planets, bacteria or apes or man.

And that is the Why and How astrology works. We can use other things for divination, like tea leaves or yarrow sticks. But the solar system provides us with a unified, integrated, easily observable, highly predictable and precisely measureable whole system, a system which from our Earth-centered point of view (we have no other possibility) is the universe. The system is dynamic (the planets are in constant motion), has a cosmic background which is deep and immutable (the signs) and can be brought to Earth through the houses. We can take this physical reality and through the power of our mind convert it into symbols that can be applied to human affairs. We take the universal and apply it, as symbol, to the particular. It works.

Goodness sakes. Will someone please get me to shut up?

Marcus Antoninus Aurelius, the Roman Emperor:

"If the gods have determined about me and about the things which must happen to me, they have determined well, for it is not easy even to imagine a deity without forethought; and as to doing me harm, why should they have any desire towards that? For what advantage would result to them from this or to the whole, which is the special object of their providence? But if they have not determined about me individually, they have certainly determined about the whole at least, and the things which happen by way of sequence in this general arrangement I ought to accept with pleasure and to be content with them."

---

"Whatever may happen to thee, it was prepared for thee from all eternity; and the implication of causes was from eternity spinning the thread of thy being and of that which is incident to it."

---

"The present moment is the smallest point in all eternity. All is microscopic, changeable, disappearing. All things come from that faraway place, either originating directly from that governing part which is common to all, or else following from it as consequences. So even the gaping jaws of the lion, deadly poison, and all harmful things like thorns or an oozing bog are products of that awesome and noble source. Do not imagine these things to be alien to that which you revere, but turn your Reason to the source of all things."

---

"Look back over the past, with its changing empires that rose and fell, and you can foresee the future too."

---

"Whatever the universal nature assigns to any man at any time is for the good of that man at that time."

---

"The universal order and the personal order are nothing but different expressions and manifestations of a common underlying principle."

---

"Loss is nothing else but change, and change is Nature's delight."

---

"He who lives in harmony with himself lives in harmony with the universe."

---

"Everything--a horse, a vine--is created for some duty...For what task, then, were you yourself created? A man's true delight is to do the things he was made for."

---

"So you know how things stand. Now forget what they think of you. Be satisfied if you can live the rest of your life, however short, as your nature demands. Focus on that, and don't let anything distract you. You've wandered all over and finally realized that you never found what you were after: how to live. Not in syllogisms, not in money, or fame, or self-indulgence. Nowhere."

The last quote blows my mind for some reason. If you think about it, the guy was the Roman Emperor, i.e., the king of the world at that time. You would never expect to hear things like that from a man that had that kind of power.

He had similar ideas about the universe. Or, should I say, we have similar ideas because he was here first and he was probably a lot smarter than we are. :)

"...For what task, then, were you yourself created?" The guy rules the world and asks himself that. All these quotes are from his personal meditations, apparently there were no internet forums at that time. :)

Positive approch largely ignored?

Good evening,

Although material and efficient causes are only parts of causality and some have the opinion that astrologies cannot successfully be approached by them, Prof. Dr. Percy Seymour, English astrophysicist, has published some books seeking to demonstrate the contrary. Alas, his work has hitherto largely been ignored by most astrologers.

One way to encourage astrological research and investigation of one of Prof. Seymour's central theses, the astrological effects of celestial and terrestrial magnetic fields, would be to include the 'true' and bi-polar magnetic coordinate systems in astrology software programmes. To my knowledge this has not yet been accomplished.

Best regards,

lihin
Non esse nihil non est.

I notice you are posting rather bland one liners on numerous forums. If you want to promote your website services you can do so openly on the News forum. However, please stop making these vague kind of comments if you have nothing to really contribute or no specific questions to ask in the thread in question.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly