skyscript.co.uk
   

home articles forum events
glossary horary quiz consultations links more

Read this before using the forum
Register
FAQ
Search
View memberlist
View/edit your user profile
Log in to check your private messages
Log in
Recent additions:
Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Will I get my wages on the 24th? (Answer known)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
PFN



Joined: 28 Dec 2008
Posts: 393
Location: Ouro Preto, Brasil

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say that I generally like when Venus is on the MC, in a horary chart.

Plain and simple, Venus sooths any further conflicts that could escalate (just do not take this into consideration if she is either in Aries or Scorpio). Mercury separates from the Sun (natural significator for bosses) and Mercury being on it's own dignity showed the querent was a good employee, but was burned by accidental proximity to the Sun, now walking out to exit the 10th sign.

Since Moon ruled the 11th (resources from the 10th) and applied to the 2nd ruler (resources from the querent) it showed that the wages would be paid, and the opposition adds to the Mercury combust testimony, in showing the querent was parting ways with this particular job (something we already know from the start, but the chart correctly depicts what is going on, so we can draw meaning).

From a thecnical perspective, Saturn was the final dispositor, collecting the light of Venus through the sextille of the Moon (evidence that the saturnine (restrictive) condition of the 2nd was alleviated by it's ruler tending to it). But, being honest, I did not pay that much attention to Saturn, I just took it to signify that there was constriction of money, since it is the most common feature to see Saturn present in the 2nd house in money related questions (it comes inside the 2nd house, like, 11 times out of 10 in such horaries).

Also, Saturn here fits his profile, where him, being a dignified malefic, allows one to earn something, but only through hard work, difficulties, petitions and the like.

About the possibility of delay, I just did not feel it. The Moon aspects Venus in orb, and aspects Mercury before leaving the sign (the space of a sign represents, for me, the "natural/expected" time for the solving of a matter, in a horary chart).
_________________
Paulo Felipe Noronha
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Hermes



Joined: 14 Jun 2011
Posts: 72

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all

I'm interested in the views of the forum on the following.

In horary I use whole sign houses.
According to Valens, the 9th represents authorities (in this case, that would be the boss/employer, with his bad rep: Mars in Exile there :-).

The 10th represents the native's (or querents - but that's my take) travel through life, his 'actions (praxis), doing and making', which has to do with the job.

Venus ruler of 9th: employer, is also ruler of 2nd sign (querents money) in 10th applying to saturn in 2nd, recieved by Venus.

Quite promising of course as it turned out.

But my question is about the 9th, as being: authorities able to decide about the native/querent (think: God, judges, your philosophy of life and your ethics), or guiding/leading him/her.
And the 10th, being: you/querent, going through life as an action/passage/praxis. The actual 'doing of your life', your life's path.

Any thoughts?
_________________
Hermes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Konrad



Joined: 01 Nov 2009
Posts: 685

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PFN wrote:
I have to say that I generally like when Venus is on the MC, in a horary chart.

Plain and simple, Venus sooths any further conflicts that could escalate (just do not take this into consideration if she is either in Aries or Scorpio). Mercury separates from the Sun (natural significator for bosses) and Mercury being on it's own dignity showed the querent was a good employee, but was burned by accidental proximity to the Sun, now walking out to exit the 10th sign.

Since Moon ruled the 11th (resources from the 10th) and applied to the 2nd ruler (resources from the querent) it showed that the wages would be paid, and the opposition adds to the Mercury combust testimony, in showing the querent was parting ways with this particular job (something we already know from the start, but the chart correctly depicts what is going on, so we can draw meaning).

From a thecnical perspective, Saturn was the final dispositor, collecting the light of Venus through the sextille of the Moon (evidence that the saturnine (restrictive) condition of the 2nd was alleviated by it's ruler tending to it). But, being honest, I did not pay that much attention to Saturn, I just took it to signify that there was constriction of money, since it is the most common feature to see Saturn present in the 2nd house in money related questions (it comes inside the 2nd house, like, 11 times out of 10 in such horaries).

Also, Saturn here fits his profile, where him, being a dignified malefic, allows one to earn something, but only through hard work, difficulties, petitions and the like.

About the possibility of delay, I just did not feel it. The Moon aspects Venus in orb, and aspects Mercury before leaving the sign (the space of a sign represents, for me, the "natural/expected" time for the solving of a matter, in a horary chart).


Hi Paulo,

I concur with most of what you have said here but not so much with your thoughts of Saturn's manisfestation in "real" life. The only thing I had to do to get the money was give the company my bank details and then wait for four weeks since I had just missed the May pay date. I don't think this fits the dignified malefic profile you gave above. Do you have any thoughts on that?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deb
Administrator


Joined: 11 Oct 2003
Posts: 4130
Location: England

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The only thing I had to do to get the money was give the company my bank details and then wait for four weeks since I had just missed the May pay date.


Konrad - isn't that what would normally be called 'a delay' ?
Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Konrad



Joined: 01 Nov 2009
Posts: 685

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, since this was the earliest time I could have been paid. I joined them just as they paid their staff for the days worked from end of April til the end of the 3rd week in May.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PFN



Joined: 28 Dec 2008
Posts: 393
Location: Ouro Preto, Brasil

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konrad wrote:
Hi Paulo,

I concur with most of what you have said here but not so much with your thoughts of Saturn's manisfestation in "real" life. The only thing I had to do to get the money was give the company my bank details and then wait for four weeks since I had just missed the May pay date. I don't think this fits the dignified malefic profile you gave above. Do you have any thoughts on that?


...well, you also had to part ways with your job under the fear of not receivig due payment, and on bad terms with your boss. I do not like to draw my perceptions on personal feelings of the querent to the fore, through charts, but the Moon in opposition to the 10th and Saturn in the 2nd signaled to your discontent and anxiety on relation to those matters, I'd guess.

I see that essentially Saturn is never too happy, even though he can convey plenitude in his own terms. So, Saturn puts constriction, fear, bureaucracy and rules on the table. By being dignified, I find that this Saturn indicated that your boss would respect the agreement made, despite him being an tyrant (Saturn/Mercury also rules contracts, do they not?). You receiving your wages was not a situation "I work, I deserve to be paid", was more, "I work, it is mandatory that I get paid".

This matter elapses to another, that is, what is Saturn dignified that other stars are not? Saturn at it's best may provide a sense of obligations and necessary discipline met, but never of merriment as would Venus, or of abundance, hope and goodwill, as would Jupiter. Saturn gives to one exactly what one deserves when dignified... and when ill, well, we all know.

To make it short, you did receive your money because those were the rules (Saturn) and I suppose you did not make a fuss out of your dismissal (hierarchy = Saturn/Sun) over your boss, meeting due expectations as an employee. So, Saturn, as the final dispositor of the Moon resolves the matter and also gives it the "why" of it.

Of course, this all may well be speculation on my part...
_________________
Paulo Felipe Noronha
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
handn



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 509

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enough of this Saturn Hatred lol

We're throwing a lavish Saturn Love-in party in Miami.

Konrad's paying and you're all invited!

Lala Happy

PS The only rule is you must be late. Anyone arriving on time will be rendered disjunct at the door (i.e. turned away) and forced to retrograde for a while until you learn some respect for the serious business of timeliness.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Paul
Administrator


Joined: 23 Nov 2009
Posts: 1522

Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"We're throwing a lavish Saturn Love-in party in Miami. "

Yay, I'll come in black, after all black is the new...well...black!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Konrad



Joined: 01 Nov 2009
Posts: 685

Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PFN wrote:
Konrad wrote:
Hi Paulo,

I concur with most of what you have said here but not so much with your thoughts of Saturn's manisfestation in "real" life. The only thing I had to do to get the money was give the company my bank details and then wait for four weeks since I had just missed the May pay date. I don't think this fits the dignified malefic profile you gave above. Do you have any thoughts on that?


...well, you also had to part ways with your job under the fear of not receivig due payment, and on bad terms with your boss. I do not like to draw my perceptions on personal feelings of the querent to the fore, through charts, but the Moon in opposition to the 10th and Saturn in the 2nd signaled to your discontent and anxiety on relation to those matters, I'd guess.

I see that essentially Saturn is never too happy, even though he can convey plenitude in his own terms. So, Saturn puts constriction, fear, bureaucracy and rules on the table. By being dignified, I find that this Saturn indicated that your boss would respect the agreement made, despite him being an tyrant (Saturn/Mercury also rules contracts, do they not?). You receiving your wages was not a situation "I work, I deserve to be paid", was more, "I work, it is mandatory that I get paid".

This matter elapses to another, that is, what is Saturn dignified that other stars are not? Saturn at it's best may provide a sense of obligations and necessary discipline met, but never of merriment as would Venus, or of abundance, hope and goodwill, as would Jupiter. Saturn gives to one exactly what one deserves when dignified... and when ill, well, we all know.

To make it short, you did receive your money because those were the rules (Saturn) and I suppose you did not make a fuss out of your dismissal (hierarchy = Saturn/Sun) over your boss, meeting due expectations as an employee. So, Saturn, as the final dispositor of the Moon resolves the matter and also gives it the "why" of it.

Of course, this all may well be speculation on my part...


Hi Paulo,

you are quite correct in regards to my anxiety of the situation. Previously, I have been self-employed because I am disillusioned with dealing with people in general since most seem unable to say and do the same thing. I really did not want to have to deal with this guy again, so it was some relief to get the money in full first time.

I do agree, theoretically, with your view of a dignified Saturn giving the person what they deserve but, as unjust as the ending of the job was, I do not think I deserved to be paid for more than I worked. Do you have any thoughts as to why Saturn signified such a Jupiterian gift?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pankajdubey



Joined: 17 Nov 2006
Posts: 1219
Location: Delhi

Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

handn wrote:
Enough of this Saturn Hatred lol

We're throwing a lavish Saturn Love-in party in Miami.

Konrad's paying and you're all invited!

Lala Happy

PS The only rule is you must be late. Anyone arriving on time will be rendered disjunct at the door (i.e. turned away) and forced to retrograde for a while until you learn some respect for the serious business of timeliness.


See!! exalted saturn does make one a strict disciplinarian Tongue Out

PD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PFN



Joined: 28 Dec 2008
Posts: 393
Location: Ouro Preto, Brasil

Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konrad wrote:
Hi Paulo,

you are quite correct in regards to my anxiety of the situation. Previously, I have been self-employed because I am disillusioned with dealing with people in general since most seem unable to say and do the same thing. I really did not want to have to deal with this guy again, so it was some relief to get the money in full first time.

I do agree, theoretically, with your view of a dignified Saturn giving the person what they deserve but, as unjust as the ending of the job was, I do not think I deserved to be paid for more than I worked. Do you have any thoughts as to why Saturn signified such a Jupiterian gift?


Good question there. Except that as you yourself pointed to have been sent away in an unjust manner, and the right thing was to give you some compensation for that, I'd have no other guess.

If you did not fail your boss, but he was unfair to you, it is only right that he would look for a way to amend the situation a little bit... unless the deposit was incorrect in it's value, and the extra money was an accident...

If you'd ask me, I'd say at least an apology, besides payment, were owed to you.
_________________
Paulo Felipe Noronha
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Konrad



Joined: 01 Nov 2009
Posts: 685

Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PFN wrote:
Konrad wrote:
Hi Paulo,

you are quite correct in regards to my anxiety of the situation. Previously, I have been self-employed because I am disillusioned with dealing with people in general since most seem unable to say and do the same thing. I really did not want to have to deal with this guy again, so it was some relief to get the money in full first time.

I do agree, theoretically, with your view of a dignified Saturn giving the person what they deserve but, as unjust as the ending of the job was, I do not think I deserved to be paid for more than I worked. Do you have any thoughts as to why Saturn signified such a Jupiterian gift?


Good question there. Except that as you yourself pointed to have been sent away in an unjust manner, and the right thing was to give you some compensation for that, I'd have no other guess.

If you did not fail your boss, but he was unfair to you, it is only right that he would look for a way to amend the situation a little bit... unless the deposit was incorrect in it's value, and the extra money was an accident...

If you'd ask me, I'd say at least an apology, besides payment, were owed to you.


It is a strange one, to be sure. I don't see him paying me more than he should have since he was trying to pay me less than we agreed upon in the interview just a week after me being hired by him; this is the kind of employer he is.

If the person who I think did the wages did them (because I doubt he does the admin, to be honest), there is a chance she may have given me more since we had a very good relationship.

So are we leaning towards Saturn giving me some "karmic" justice?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PFN



Joined: 28 Dec 2008
Posts: 393
Location: Ouro Preto, Brasil

Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konrad wrote:

So are we leaning towards Saturn giving me some "karmic" justice?


I could go that way Cool
_________________
Paulo Felipe Noronha
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
. Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

       
Contact Deborah Houlding  | terms and conditions  
All rights on all text and images reserved. Reproduction by any means is not permitted without the express
agreement of Deborah Houlding or in the case of articles by guest astrologers, the copyright owner indictated