Traditional Astrology for Today: An Introduction

Hi All,

I wanted to let you know about a short book I've just released, designed for curious modern practitioners and beginners in traditional astrology. Traditional Astrology for Today: An Introduction is a clear and easy guide to basic concepts and techniques from the traditional masters, with instructions on how to make them useful in your chart reading today.

In it, I introduce basic astrological history, interpretation rules, predictive methods, as well as philosophical ideas and counseling strategies. The book concludes with responses to common objections, a guide for further study, and an extensive glossary. Throughout, I emphasize the humanity of traditional astrology and the contributions it can make to contemporary practice.

Whether a reader wants to move forward in traditional astrology or just learn a few more techniques, Traditional Astrology for Today will provide a solid grounding, and allow beginners to enrich their experience and skills immediately. There are PDF excerpts for preview on my site (www.bendykes.com).
www.bendykes.com
Traditional Astrology Texts and Teaching

Hi Ben. I've just ordered this book, as the pdf preview on your website is excellent - you have a marvelous way of presenting information in a streamlined yet accurate manner. I just posted about it in the traditional techniques forum, as many of us have been looking for books we can recommend to students and beginning astrologers who wish to learn more about traditional methods and philosophy. Thank you!

Hi Astraea,

Thanks for ordering! Yes, that was the whole inspiration for the book: something short, inexpensive, accessible, but with lots of practical information, for beginners and curious moderns who want to get their feet wet before deciding whether or not to take the plunge.

Ben
www.bendykes.com
Traditional Astrology Texts and Teaching

Fantastic

Agreed. You possess a command of the english language to be able to break down complicated ideas and give them in such a comprehensive way. Im getting it :' I was also wondering if you considered making a reprint of your introductory material in the Book of Astronomy. I cant speak for others but your material in Sahl and Masha'allah were just as valuble as the actual authors. Whats more there are certain areas in the subtexts In Book of Astronomy where the reader is referred back to the introduction for some points made.

Re: Fantastic

Muse wrote: I was also wondering if you considered making a reprint of your introductory material in the Book of Astronomy. I cant speak for others but your material in Sahl and Masha'allah were just as valuble as the actual authors. Whats more there are certain areas in the subtexts In Book of Astronomy where the reader is referred back to the introduction for some points made.
At the top of this page: http://www.bendykes.com/boa.php

you will see this mention: Download the translator's introduction as a PDF

simply press button "Add to Cart"

I ordered it several weeks ago and it's a must read IMO

james

Re: Fantastic

jerd wrote:
Muse wrote: I was also wondering if you considered making a reprint of your introductory material in the Book of Astronomy. I cant speak for others but your material in Sahl and Masha'allah were just as valuble as the actual authors. Whats more there are certain areas in the subtexts In Book of Astronomy where the reader is referred back to the introduction for some points made.
At the top of this page: http://www.bendykes.com/boa.php

you will see this mention: Download the translator's introduction as a PDF

simply press button "Add to Cart"

I ordered it several weeks ago and it's a must read IMO

james

Thanks. I never thought to check for a pdf file.

Wanted to add my two cents. I also ordered the book after reading the pdf file which is a ridiculous tease that makes ordering inevitable. Ben's introductions are valuable resource material. Reading the old authors in the original (translated of course) can be difficult. Theirs is not the style of contemporary English. Having Ben explain it up front makes reading the text much more enjoyable and a lot easier. I'm all for easy. I'm looking forward to the arrival of my copy.

My thumbs up for Ben Dykes ?Traditional Astrology For Today? too. If you are teaching traditional astrology: this makes an excellent easily understandable and valuable reference source, which does not weight eight pounds and students can carry it around. I will recommend it to all my student. It does not uncover anything new for those who studied the subject at a great depth, but it summarizes the most important facts to one slim volume with clear and fresh language. I would call it a clear distillate of traditional astrology, while having my most favorite Austrian apricot schnapps in mind. :)

I ordered the book and am halfway through it. I'm not an absolute beginner, I've read some things but I've only been 'at it' for a year.
I am really enthusiastic about this book, almost euphorical. It's been written in such a clear, comprehensive styl, I keep going aaahh and oooh, oh that's how it was ment'. Finally someone explains it in such a way that even I understand. I will recommend it as the starting point for anyone who's interested in learning traditional astrology. (not that I know anyone. Gee, aren't we a minority..)
Dr.D. rocks :D