I'm a beginner too, so what I'm about to say may not be worth much and if so, hopefully someone else will put me right.

And also, you should really have a look at the tutorials on this site and post up your own reasoning for feedback first, rather than expecting a freebie interpretation. However on a perfunctory look at this chart:

Your significators are the Moon (ruler of the ascendant) and Venus (natural ruler of women - assuming you are female, for which I apologise if I'm wrong)

His are Saturn and the Sun (natural ruler of men).

His significator (Saturn) is in your sign (Cancer) which suggests he does like you a lot. However Saturn is in its detriment which suggests he is not personally in a strong position at this time, either in relation to you or in his life in general. However Saturn is in mutual exaltation with Jupiter which does strengthen his position somewhat. Not sure who Jupiter is. Perhaps someone else, or perhaps some personal characteristic suggested by Jupiter. Maybe he places great importance on behaving in a principled way or something.

Your significator (The Moon) is in its own sign (Cancer) which gives you more strength in the situation. However this, combined with the Moon in the sign of Saturn's detriment, suggests that you are more wrapped up in yourself than in him and may be detrimental to him in some way.

The Sun is in Venus' (your) sign, which again suggests he likes you a lot. But the Sun is also in fall, which again suggests he isn't in good shape in the situation or in general. However Venus (you) is very keen on Mercury, which could be someone else entirely, or it could just be you are in love with your own thoughts on the matter. Perhaps you are in love with the thought of being in love rather than his reality.

So in summary I'd say he likes you a lot, but you're perhaps keener on the thought of him liking you than on what he's actually like and you may actually be detrimental to him in some way.

The Moon (you) having just conjoined Saturn (him) suggests you have had contact recently. How recently I'd leave to someone who can do timing. For future events you need to have a look at the next aspects which in particular the Moon and Mercury make. I haven't looked at this but there's plenty of info on this site explaining how to go about it.

hth

jupRx

Thanks for that Juprx! Yes, I am female! :D

I have had a look at the tutorials and did cover Horary astrology when I did the Faculty's Diploma course, but I haven't actually done any horary diplomas. This is why I'm not 100% confident in my judgement! :D

Thanks for your thoughts on the situation, I have to be honest I don't really know much about predicting the background using the horary chart. I've only ever used it to get a straight yes or no, but I am keen to gain more of a thorough understanding to elaborate on situations. I thought it would be a good idea to use my own experience to gain a bit of practice.

To give you a bit of background, I see this guy a couple of times a week. We share the same hobby. A few weeks ago I asked him out. Having Venus in Scorpio, this is something totally out of character for me! Anyway, he seemed delighted and said yes. He took my number but did say that he was going away shortly, but would phone me when he got back. He hasn't phoned. :( He hasn't tried to ignore me, in fact he's made more of a point of talking to me since I asked him out. I left it for about 4 weeks, and then asked him if he still wanted to go for that drink. He said yes, but that it was awkward, and he would talk to me later on about it. We haven't yet had that talk, and I am worried about pushing him too much, so I haven't pestered him on it. I have left the ball in his court. I have noticed that he does keep looking at me, but I'm not sure if that is just my imagination!

Saying that I am keen on Mercury in the 3rd house is correct! I am keen on getting that phone call! Also, the guy in question is a Virgo. I don't think I am wrapped up in myself (I could be wrong) or in the idea of being in love, but I am definitely wrapped up in my thoughts about the situation. I can't stop thinking about it. That sounds terrible! I like him a great deal, and I think the fact that I forced myself to be brave and ask him out illustrates this. I was concerned that he might have said yes just for the sake of it, but he doesn't strike me as that sort of person. My guess is that he does want to go out with me, but is unable to, probably because he may already be in a relationship. :( In which case I would rather he said no in the first place.

I keep reading about the importance of the moon in the horary chart and the way that is describes the unfoldment of events. I would be keen for some assistance on how to interpret this, as I think this is a good chart to practice on. I'll certainly keep you posted with how things develop.

Aargh... just had another look at the chart and the Moon is in Leo, not
Cancer, which puts your significator in a sign ruled by one of his...

So that changes things quite a lot ! The stuff about you being wrapped up
in your own feelings and being in his detriment was totally wrong in that
case (which confirms what you said !). This points towards your strong
feelings towards him as a man. Also the Moon is in terms and face of
Saturn, which shows you like him as a person as well. So itall adds
up to strong feelings for him, exactly as you said.

So, if I've read things correctly this time, the chart shows you really do
both like each other - a lot.

So that's the good news :) However, I've read that a planet in its
detriment (as Saturn is) is unable to act. That could be consistent with
there being someone else I guess, and given the mutual exaltation with
Jupiter, Jupiter could represent that person.

I see also that Venus recently opposed Uranus. Oppositions usually point
towards some kind of separation - that might fit with the fact that he has
gone away and you haven't heard from him for a while. Since the aspect
is separating, it's something that's already happened, not something still
to come.

The Moon's next aspect is a sextile to Jupiter in about a degree and a
third's time. The Moon is in a fixed sign in an angular house which
suggests a time unit of ohhh... weeks ? So (if my understanding of timing
is right) that suggests some kind of development in about 9 days time
from the question.

It would be nice to have someone else's view on this - if nothing else,
in case I've got this totally wrong...!

Whatever happens, I hope things turn out well for you, good luck :)

jupRx

Just found something on the net regarding timing. It says that if the faster moving planet (in this case the Moon) is in a fixed sign and angular house, then the matter will take months. So it looks like the next development might be in just over a month. I'll keep you posted!

Timing grid as follows:

Angular Succedent Cadent

Cardinal Days Weeks Months
Mutable Weeks Months Years
Fixed Months Years Indefinite

Not sure how accurate this is though, cos I always thought that hours could be taken into consideration? If that's the case, then the first column should be, hours, days, weeks. Can anyone clarify this?

Ok, now I'm confused. Someone else has had a go at this chart and given a totally different interpretation to what I have always been taught. :-? I was always taught that to identify if someone liked you, that if their main significator is in your sign, and your house, then they are literally 'into' you. Meaning they do like you. Someone has just pointed out to me that because the quesited's significator is in my sign and house, it suggests that I like him more than he likes me?! Is this correct? I'm wondering if this person reached this assumption due to the fact that the quesited's significator is in it's detriment. If what this person says is true, then this completely changes the way I have been looking at horaries.

Hi Pocket Dragon,

I don't think what you were told was right.

If I remember correctly in your horary the ascendant was Cancer and the descendant was Capricorn - so your main significator was the Moon and his was Saturn. Saturn was in Cancer in the first house. So Saturn is in your sign. Although he has some essential dignity through his mutual exaltation with Jupiter and some accidental dignity by being in the 1st house, he is in the sign of his detriment and his motion is quite slow (Saturn is about to turn retrograde), which as I understand it, means he isn't in a position to act at this time. In addition although his Sun is in the sign of your other significator, Venus, which again suggests strong feelings for you, and in exaltation of Saturn, the Sun is in fall.

In addition, according to one of the articles here on this site "The 1st house ruler in the 7th suggests the querent is the more ardent of the two. Conversely, the 7th house ruler in the 1st shows the quesited to be most keen." which contradicts what you were told.

So I think the original interpretation: that he really likes you but isn't in a position to act for some reason is probably right.

To figure out why I think you need to look at the other receptions. His planet Saturn seems to be very keen on Jupiter and since Jupiter is in the sign of Saturn's exaltation this is a mutual feeling - so that's the most likely explanation, whoever or whatever Jupiter represents.

Frustrating...espcially since you said you have Venus in Scorpio :) but I hope it works out well for you in the end.

jupRx

Yes, I thought that was the case! I was beginning to worry that all the horary charts I'd done in the past had been wrongly interpreted!

I guess it may be down to the fact that he just isn't available right now, but perhaps said yes anyway to keep his options open. Jupiter rules the 6th and 10th of the radical chart and the 4th and 12th of the turned chart. Hmm - could he be in a secret relationship which is why he can't talk to me about it? I notice on this website that the 4th house represents property for sale - and his house is up for sale. Not quite sure how to relate all this to my question.

Someone else suggested looking at the aspects made to Mercury by the Sun, his co-significator. Mercury is the ruler of the turned 6th and 10th, and as the Sun keeps hitting Mercury they thought that he might be having problems at work that were preventing him from calling. However, I think the most likely explanation is that he is already in a relationship, so can't do anything about it right now. I guess I should have checked to see if he was available first, before I went steaming in! :lol:

Well, as I said before I'm just learning horary too, so I guess it's possible we're both wrong ! But unlikely. And hopefully someone more knowledgeable will jump in if we are.

The chart certainly seems to show strong mutual feelings between you.
All you need is a nice aspect between one of his significators and one of yours or a bit of collection or translation of light...but alas.. for the moment...frustration :(

I might have a chance with the Moon applying sextile to the Sun, but it's wide, and sextiles Mars before it gets there. Clutching at straws a bit! I wonder if it's worth asking another question to see if things develop. But I'm not sure if you can do that.

It's probably a bit early to ask a new question - you'd almost certainly get a very similar answer so soon after the original one.

Anyway, the first Moon aspect (to Jupiter) was just over a degree away or a little over a month's time from the question, which would be the beginning of November. Even though Jupiter isn't one of his planets, so that doesn't suggest a "getting together", maybe you'll find out who or what Jupiter is then.

jupRx

Pocket Dragon wrote:Just found something on the net regarding timing. It says that if the faster moving planet (in this case the Moon) is in a fixed sign and angular house, then the matter will take months. So it looks like the next development might be in just over a month. I'll keep you posted!

Timing grid as follows:

Angular Succedent Cadent

Cardinal Days Weeks Months
Mutable Weeks Months Years
Fixed Months Years Indefinite

Not sure how accurate this is though, cos I always thought that hours could be taken into consideration? If that's the case, then the first column should be, hours, days, weeks. Can anyone clarify this?
Hi,

The way I was taught is similar to this except that you start off at the beginning with a sensible 'grid' for yourself depending on the question. So you either have days/weeks/months or weeks/months/years. With the former the maximum time covered by the Horary is up to 30 months, so if you need to look beyond that you have to take weeks/months/years. Then you apply cardinal with cadent gives the fastest timescale, fixed and angular gives the slowest and any other combination gives the middle.

Timing is one of the hardest things to get right in Horary - almost impossible, there are so many considerations. John Frawley did a brilliant article explaining it all MUCH better than I ever could. I think you need to go to his website (www.johnfrawley.com) and then look at the sample article - I think there are two and one of them is on timings - from his 'Astrologer's Apprentice magazine.

Good luck.

Susan,
Edinburgh.
Susan,
Edinburgh.
www.horaryqueen.co.uk