sandstone wrote:i can't remember who said this in some old book, but i remember the mention of t mars hitting an eclipse degree as a problem...

i note the solar eclipse for june 30 1992 su/mo at 8 cancer 56.
mars on the date of the wtc attack - feb 26 1993 at 9 cancer 26..

the solar eclipse prior to 9-11 is on june 21 2001 su/mo @ 0 cancer 10
mars on the date of sept 11 2001 1 cancer 26..
That sounds like "Precepts in Mundane Astrology" by Van Norstrand, for one, which by the way Morrison sent me a reproduction of - free of charge! :'
Scott Silver wrote:I have spent years chasing down the answers that would help me puzzle out simple declarative remarks of an astrological nature he made in passing. Here's what he said that threw me-if you have direct Nodes, then the meaning is reversed. I have yet to figure out exactly what he meant,. Did he mean the Lunar Nodes significations flip when they go direct by progression or was he solely referring to the natal chart.
This is so interesting and really got me thinking, but I am wondering whether it should be discussed under another thread, possibly another section.. We should get back to this. :)
http://www.astronor.com

Andrew wrote:
That sounds like "Precepts in Mundane Astrology" by Van Norstrand
Interesting. That is a book I haven't seen. Although Charles Carter also picked up the issue of transiting Mars activating eclipse degrees.

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/eclipsecarter.html

When was this book by Van Norstrand published?

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

It isn't as old as one should imagine. Published by Macoy Publishing Company in 1962 and dedicated to the memory of Nicholas de Vore. But I recalled the book immediately as one of the works I broused though over the years, and it seemed topical to mention it. Barbara Watters also says about the transit of Mars over the place of an eclipse on pg 96 of her 'Horary Astrology'. A.J.Pierce has a good say on the eclipses. I am sure there are authoritives prior to Van Norstand, however, his work is worthy of attention. Lastly, Morrison found it worthy of a reprint. :)
http://www.astronor.com

1962. All questions regarding astrology books should be referred to Phillip Graves ;-).

I noticed a couple of comments regarding the 1993 attack on the WTC and the 8 - 10 Cancer area. First off, If we use the chart John Frawley suggested for the USA, Jupiter - Saturn Conjunction of 1762, and cast it for New York City, the ASC is 11 Cancer (close enough). Jupiter is elevated at 11 Cancer on the 9/11/01 chart. The 1980 Jupiter Saturn conjunction cast for New York City has 8 Cancer on the ASC. The 2000 conjunction has Algol on the MC and the 2001 Aries Ingress has Algol on the ASC with Saturn.

Still this leads us farther away and I think it is far more likely that Morrison would have used eclipse charts and ingress charts. I've never heard of Norstrand's book so I'm not familiar with it at all, but it isn't impossible that Morrison would be familiar with it.

Well the whole saros series question had me pulling out Brady's "Eagle and the Lark.

On 30 May 1965 there was a 3 North Saros Solar Eclipse (9 gem) (I'm thinking maybe 65 works better than 66? I would suspect that if they did "ground breaking" in 66 that there was a bit of forethought in progress. )

21 June 2001 eclipse at 0 Cancer is a 3 north.

Brady has this to say in her book :
"This is an over obsessive eclipse family. Its main theme being either news involving young people OR News that transforms a situation."
the 3 south also happens in 23 NOv 1965 and 14 Dec 2001
Here she says
"this family of eclipses brings with it the sudden ending of associations ... There is a large emotional component as pluto is involved, and a sense of traumatic transformation. this can be through news received or through short journeys."
since the action is definitive in 2001, I thought possibly it may be more sensible to look for the nearest same family eclipse for 1966 or 1943.

looking at the 1993 calendar, you have 13 south and 14 north Saros series, which corresponds to 1939, not 1943, so again possibly public information is not quite aligned with private information, OR possibly the 1993 event, is not related to the same event??? Where as I think that the 2001 and 1965 eclipses line up rather well to suggest that they have something to do with the event. ???

Okay just putting it out there, possibly if we looked at those saros 3 North eclipses in relation to a map??? see if there is a connection that way???

thoughts? Granny

a few more notes...

Also if you look at the preceding new moon on 2 sept 2001 it is square to the 3 saros eclipse and you stay in Jupiter Mercury houses! you go from a Gemini/Sagitarius Opposition to a Virgo Square! Which may or may not be relevant to AH prediction but certainly worth noting,

Also the 1965 30 May eclipse is at 10 Gem, which is very square The 2 september full moon chart, and is within 2 degrees of Pluto in that chart.

And of course 1983 was the Saros 3 cycle, so it may have been on his mind.

granny

Thanks for the research Granny,

I have been doing some of my own. Especially, in regards visible eclipses which were observable from New York.

Although interesting this thread has rather meandered all over the place. I accept a fair degree of responsibility for that myself.

Unless members here object I would like to move all general discussion relating to the 9/11 attacks to a fresh thread. It can be devoted to analysing the attacks from a wider perspective. The idea will be to provide retrospective analysis seeking to explain the attacks. While mundane astrology is often criticised for providing too much 20/20 analysis of past events I think the attacks of 9/11 are something of an exception. They undoubtably represent amongst the most significant events to take place since WWII. Like the Cuban Missile Crisis, The Yom Kippur War and the collapse of Communism the outcome has had a decisive , irrevocable effect on subsequent history. I think study of this issue can help inform our ability to predict future developments in the USA and across the world.

I suggest retaining discussion here specifically in relation to A.H. Morrison and his possible reasons for his startling prediction to Andrew Bevan. Equally, any discussion relating to the foundation of the WTC linked to the 9/11 attacks can still be discussed here.

Is that ok with everyone? Or would most of you just prefer to carry on with all our discussion here?

Mark
Last edited by Mark on Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

I was referring to data that AH may have used, Andrew said AH liked syzygys and prior eclipse information, so That is what I looked at. ergo, why I said I dont think 1943 applies so much as 1965/66 and referenced the fact that in 1984, when Andrew was Visiting it was the year After the same Saros cycle that is referenced in both 1965 and 2001 The Saros 3. Also mention was made of maps, also why I made that suggestion, I thought I was bringing it back to topic??????

Granny