Negative chart, "positive" results

I wanted to know if I were going to get a teaching job I applied for and made a chart.
Results:
- me: Jupiter as a ruler, debilitated in the ninth and seriously burnt; Moon just entered scorpio. As bad as it could get.
- my competitors: the ruler of the seventh, Mercury nicely placed in virgo in the ninth.
(17.9.2004, 12.53, 15E38, 46N34)

O.K., you are not going to get this one, I thought, but went to the interview anyway. And got the job. It turned out to be really :-sk , for the children are really nasty in the worst possible way. And I thought, well, your competitors really are better off not getting it.

But the Moon's first aspect is a trine to Uranus. Does it still apply to the original question or can I use it for the current situation, namely: It could mean stressful situations, which I will be able to withstand (it's a trine) or perhaps a loss of a hopless job, which eventually would make me happy (trine, again).
The next aspect is a square to Venus. Does it mean a new opportunity or the financial problems that would come with the lose of the job square, 8. house) :???: ?

Should I stay with this chart for further questions which are connected with this job or should I draw a new one?

Best regards,
Alya

Right, Deb, I had a feeling something was missing, but I couldn't figure what it was. You see how this job is wearing me out?!
Here it is:
- time zone: CET;
- ASC: 15Sag41.

Regards,
Alya

Hi Alya,

Negative chart, negative result I?d say - these are my quick thoughts: I?m not sure if you?ll agree with all this but it will give you another angle to think about.

I don?t really know why you got this job either, but if your question had been ?should I take this job?? the chart seems remarkably clear in describing it as an unsuitable position that will bring you grief. It reminds me of Lilly?s ?Obtain the Parsonage??, where Lilly sees all the affliction and instead of telling the querent that he wouldn?t get the job, advises him not to continue with his application (although the querent persisted anyway, bringing a lot of trouble on himself and ending up rejected). I think that?s the judgement an astrologer should have got from reading this chart but you were doing your own chart with a combust significator so you were unlikely to see it that way.

Maybe you were feeling desperate (Jupiter combust), or you needed the financial security (Moon?s last aspect was square to Saturn, ruler of 2nd, located in the 8th). Because of your combust significator, I think the Moon?s trine to Uranus only shows a state of restlessness that made you act quickly and rashly and not necessarily in your own best interests (the trine allows you to slide into this reaction, but the Moon is detrimented as ruler of the 8th, located in the via Combusta and wholly disposed by a debilitated Mars, so the likelihood of its trine to Uranus bringing benefit is very doubtful). The Moon?s first application to a traditional planet is its sextile to Mercury, which is probably what gave you the position since Mercury is strong in its own sign, a natural significator for teaching, and located in the 9th house which also signifies teaching. (I don?t see why you need to read Mercury as the significator for your competitors, or undermine its rulership of the 9th by its rulership of the 7th ? I wouldn?t have taken that approach as your competitors losing out is such a natural consequence of the chart showing you as capable of achieving the post yourself: much better to keep the chart focussed on you and the suitability of the position, I think).

The strength of Mercury shows that you are a good teacher and that the profession, as a whole, is appropriate for you. However, the Moon (afflicted ruler of the 8th) is also applying to the square of Venus, ruler of the MC, which is peregrine and debilitated in the 8th house so this position is shown as fraught with problems, difficulties, and no sense of progressing along a career path. Venus also rules the 5th house of children, so we can see what monsters they are; stubborn and arrogant too because Venus is afflicted in Leo! Jupiter is about to change signs and the Moon is out of orb of the other aspects after its square to Venus, so I think you?ll end up moving on because the position doesn?t hold any long term prospects for you and only shows dissatisfaction.

I don?t see the need to recast the chart. If you want to know whether to stay in this job or look elsewhere for a new position, you only have to consider the state of the 10th house ruler in this chart.