Agriculture and horary

hey all

Who wants to discuss agriculture and horary?
We are discussing it on tribe, and just going through a maze.

4th house deals with soil. As Tanit pointed out and William Lilly discusses fertile and barren lands but he just stops without going into the topic.
I am sort of stunned that there are no actual charts regarding this issue.
I have no horary here but i began thinking about agriculture after hearing the news about Texas'droughout and Louisiana which will lose a lot of harvest due to flood and looking at southern california's painful semibarren soil.

where and how would you look for if you have questions like

1. You are about to fertilize your land, what kind of fertllizer does the land need? Manure? Get chickens /goats/sheep/cows to roam around - they are great ferlizers, or dump bunch of greens into the soil, or get bunch of earthworms or use chemical ferlizers.
2. You are about to spend anywhere from a few thousands to a couple of million dollars on buying top soil and mixing it with the present one that has to be brought by trucks. Will bought top soil bring in the harvest? Yes, bringing in top soil can easily break 2 million dollars expense.
2. Will the weather help my land and harvest?
3. Will removing the current top soil and replacing it with brought top soil?
4. Should i work on soil this spring / fall and plant next year?

Manly Hall who was appearantly a traditional and modern astrologer puts trees into Taurus sign. Also he puts Taurus sign for escavation along with Wheat fields. distant pastures,

Aries - suprize suprize - newly plowed lands and pastures

Forest, Jungle - Leo
Dairies - Virgo
Forests, plains - Libra
Vineyard, orchards - Scorpio
Vineyard - Aquarius
Barren or stoney fields - capricorn - again a suprize. Raphael writes the opposite

Then he dedicates an entire chapter to types of trees, herbs which planet rules which.

5. will a certain tree /bush grow in my backyard?
William Lilly puts large trees into MC yet Manly Hall classifies each tree by a planet.

Raphael write in his book

If Aries, Leo or Sag - on the cusp of 4th house or its lord occupy these gins, it will be high, dry , stony hilly and barren.

If Taurus, Virgo, Cap, it will be arable land, capable of good cultivation

If Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces, it will be wet, lay low and be sometimes flooded

if Gemini, libra and Aquarius - there will be much wood.
Does this indicate that a tree will grow if the chart has Gemini, Libra, Aquarius on 4th house?

The information is soo conflicting!

and the last question for now is how do you read a chart whe you have multiple trees in question. will each tree grow? It would be insane running for each tree in a horary.

Thanks
CD

Re: Agriculture and horary

cosmicdolphin wrote: 1. You are about to fertilize your land, what kind of fertllizer does the land need? Manure? Get chickens /goats/sheep/cows to roam around - they are great ferlizers, or dump bunch of greens into the soil, or get bunch of earthworms or use chemical ferlizers.
2. You are about to spend anywhere from a few thousands to a couple of million dollars on buying top soil and mixing it with the present one that has to be brought by trucks. Will bought top soil bring in the harvest? Yes, bringing in top soil can easily break 2 million dollars expense.
I think this is a weird question. Let's move it away from agrictulture for a second, it would be like asking "Which medicine should I take", and trying to find it in the chart. That would be a whole lot more difficult than asking "Will doing X improve my health".
I think you will struggle to use horary to find out which kinds of fertiliser to use, but you could quite easily ask if doing something would improve the ground.
You could look to Lord 4, check it's condition etc. and see if it improves in any way, such as applying to a benefic, entering it's domicile etc.

Far easier than asking "what do I have to do, to get result X", again, it would be like asking "What do I have to do to get him to love me", as asking "What do I have to do to improve this soil".

I think it's important to recognise that horary is not an oracle for all questions, it has limits. We cannot easily ask what actions are required for result X to occur as opposed to result Y. But we can ask if doing X will bring a favourable result, or what the current condition of the soil etc is.

I agree with Paul except for the horary has limits part -- WE are the ones that have limits not horary. But that's another story.

Secondly, if someone is bringing the soil for $2M, my guess would be s/he is interested in how financially feasible it would be. If you are growing something in your little garden beside your house you are interested in the harvest. If you are growing a gazillion tons of carrots, you are interested in the profit.

The same goes to the weather unless the question is about a specific day/week when it is time for plowing, sowing, harvesting etc. But in general no one cares about the weather, people care about the harvest which will bring them $$.

Bringing new soil or using different fertilizers is an investment so the farmer/whoever wants to know what will be the return on his/her investment.

Re: Agriculture and horary

1. You are about to fertilize your land, what kind of fertllizer does the land need? Manure? Get chickens /goats/sheep/cows to roam around - they are great ferlizers, or dump bunch of greens into the soil, or get bunch of earthworms or use chemical ferlizers.

The question should be "Should I use chemical fertilizers (as opposed to the type of fertilizers I'm using right now)?" I would look at the significator of the soil to see it's current condition and what will be happen to it in the nearest future. Kind of a should I stay/move question.

The question is "I plan to invest a lot of money, I want to know if this move is going to bring me a good return in the future?"
If the question is about the specific product (soil) then it is a buying/selling question with all the usual suspects - the buyer, the seller, the quality of the product, its price etc etc

The real question is "What will the harvest be this season?"

I don't understand the question.

Consider the significator of the soil, its current state and what will happen to it in the future. If it is, for example, at the end of the sign and about to move into a sign where it has dignities, probably it would be a good idea to plant next year.

hi all

Seiko is right

i personaly never dealt with soil issues i just run across 4th house issues and saw reference to soil.

Removing top soil question - we got bad soil here ... really bad. it is light light brown and most likely it is clay soil, so the water does not penetrate and if the soil hasnt been worked on, itis hard to plow it. anyway. i had seen this guy remove soil with escavator and brough in black soil and filled it up almost 2 feet in depth. the cost is insane. We are easylooking into 2.5-3 mil just on soil if bought from somwhere .. so yeah it is investment .. will the soil pay off.

so i was thinking if he had to ask will the investment pay off, how would it appear in horary// that is why i asked

okay guys .. thanks I got it.. i wish there was an actual horary on this

cheers all
CD

Cosmic Dolphin,

As we all know the more we study horary Yes and No type questions are easier to fathom. It's challenging enough answering how to find lost objects and missing people. :lol:

"1. You are about to fertilize your land, what kind of fertllizer does the land need? Manure? Get chickens /goats/sheep/cows to roam around - they are great ferlizers, or dump bunch of greens into the soil, or get bunch of earthworms or use chemical ferlizers.
*****2. You are about to spend anywhere from a few thousands to a couple of million dollars on buying top soil and mixing it with the present one that has to be brought by trucks. Will bought top soil bring in the harvest? Yes, bringing in top soil can easily break 2 million dollars expense. :-? :? :shock:
4. Should i work on soil this spring / fall and plant next year? "

#1 has already been addressed by others here. It's like a girl attending a university with purposes of getting married and asking:

"What man's name should I seek out to marry at the university?"

One could utilize Lilly's list of names of thieves in CA and other sources, but talk about tedious and exhaustive work! :shock: :shock: :, :brows

Your first #2 is obvious!

#2 is very worthy: one would not want to invest in drought times!

Why would any horary astrologer want to make questions more difficult for himself than they sometimes can be?

Clinton Garrett Soule
[/quote]

Clinton

Not planning any farming / soil work myself anytime soon so naw not me. I am fighting with english ivy plant from the neighbor's building we have no patch of soil nor direct sunlight to grow anything here

Farm animals....yeah i would say the same thing.. "become friends with horse owners you get manure free! cows'manure is better though"

#2. of course!

thanks for all the feedback

CD