Primary Directions Diploma Course: changes and offer

The course fee for the Primary Directions Diploma Course, which was launched earlier this year, has so far been set in Swedish kronor. However, recent turmoil in global finances, leading to changing relations between different currencies, seems to have deterred some potential students of late.

For this reason, I am considering setting a fixed course fee (for now) in British pounds and US dollars. I am announcing this on Skyscript because I should also like, as a trial, to offer Skyscript members a reduced fee for registrations made in November and December. During these two months, the full course fee will be only ?400 or $650. To register, or for any private questions, please contact me at courses@martingansten.com.

I?m delighted to announce that I?ve finished the Primary Directions Diploma Course and am also very proud, that I haven?t given up, because my mathematical gift is more poor than rich, and at school I told my math teacher, under no circumstances would I calculate the height of a lighthouse by measuring its shadow and the incident angle of the Sun.
The course is enlightening for one who wants to work with PD?s, because a lot of ambiguities concerning direct/converse motion, different calculation systems and their reasons in the historical context are resolved and may make one able to understand why five astrologers have six results for one direction.

Some are able to understand the subject theoretically by reading, I?ve tried this too, but it was all double Dutch (in German: railwaystation = Bahnhof) for me. The traditional calculations (sometimes hard, notably the placidean techniques) helped me to grasp what is behind the arcs of direction and dates of completing, which the software is showing.

Martin?s excellent teaching, his kindness, his historical wisdom, his patience and his sympathies for the poor mathematically gifted like me, make me thankful and I?m glad to have met him in this forum and decided to do his course.

P.S.:
Astrological:
Saturn ? Lord of the 9th and 10th house transited my natal Sun, which is Lord of the 3rd house, by conjunction for 3 times 2011/2012, and I think I should have done detentions for learning what I?d declined to learn hundreds of years ago. But such outcomes of Saturn?s transits are welcome.