Traditional Astrology Radio Podcast by Chris Brennan

Chis Brennan, the current host of Traditional Astrology BlogTalk Radio, has recently issued a new podcast.

Here is the link:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/wtaradio/2 ... er-11-2011

During this 75 minute podcast Chris reflects on some areas of the tradition that he has been researching over the course of the past year, and provides some news and updates about important developments that have taken place in the field of traditional astrology in the past few months.

Amongst other issues particular highlights include:

? Chris Brennan's ongoing work in reconstructing the original Hellenistic aspect doctrine. He sets out some views he has formulated with the help of Ben Dykes and Demetra George on Robert Schmidt's aspect theory set out in his Definitions and Foundation publication on Antiochus. In essence they have gone back to the text like Schmidt to see if they find Schmidt's theory of hellenistic aspect theory the most convincing explanation of the text or whether a different theory better fits the evidence.

? Chris discusses the essentially Stoic approach to the four elements in Valens and the contrasting humoural theory it relies on which sets it in contrast to the Aristotlean humoural theory found in Ptolemy and Galen. The Aristolean humoural theory went on to dominate medieval astrology. Chris suggests the organization of the triplicities is actually more compatible with a Stoic rather than Aristotlean humoural theory. This raises questions for how we understand the humours in traditional astrology.

? Chris discusses a research project he has done this summer on the Ruler of the Nativity.

There are now 76 Traditional Astrology RadioBlogTalk programmes recorded you can download and listen to for free with major figures in the traditional astrological community such as Dr Benjamin Dykes, Demetra George, Steven Birchfield, Robert Schmidt, Robert Zoller and Lee Lehman.

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/trad ... d317773668
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Thanks for the links Mark.

I wanted to point out that I'm in the process of moving the podcast off of BlogTalkRadio so that all of the shows will instead be hosted at TraditionalAstrologyRadio.com.

The advantage of this is that there will be less ads, and the sound quality with be improved substantially as well.

I've almost finished moving all of the episodes over to the new site, and you can listen to or download the show you mentioned above on this page now:

http://traditionalastrologyradio.com/20 ... astrology/

I should have a new episode on house division posted in the near future.

Chris Brennan wrote:I wanted to point out that I'm in the process of moving the podcast off of BlogTalkRadio so that all of the shows will instead be hosted at TraditionalAstrologyRadio.com
Good move Chris. Easier for me to download than before. :'

I enjoyed the "Recent Developments in Traditional Astrology" as well as many other interviews like Alan White and Robert Zoller. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

james