AFA Conference in Arizona, USA (September 22-24)

Hi all,

In case you hadn't heard about it, I wanted you all to know about an exciting new traditional conference sponsored by the AFA, that will be held this September in Arizona. It's an affordable conference that will be conducted by me, Demetra George, and Chris Brennan. There is an August 1 cutoff for early-bird registrations, and you can read more about it at www.astrologers.com. For beginners, Demetra will conduct an introductory seminar on basic terminology and ideas, and for the next two days we will flesh this out and introduce interpretation and predictive techniques, as well as philosophical ideas that are designed to help people "live" their astrology.

Here's a bit of the official press release:

The AFA presents a two-and-a-half day conference on traditional astrology, featuring Demetra George, Chris Brennan, and Benjamin Dykes, honoring the lifetime achievements of James Holden and the translation and recovery of the astrological tradition.

Don?t miss this historic gathering with both a beginner?s introduction and many in-depth presentations on history and techniques, where you will have the opportunity to:

? Become familiar with basic terminology and concepts in traditional astrology.

? Gain confidence in using traditional techniques: make more accurate natal interpretations and predictions.

? Be able to read and study more advanced material.

? Understand our heritage, and the reasons for many techniques and ideas used today.

? Learn ancient wisdom teachings for a modern context.
www.bendykes.com
Traditional Astrology Texts and Teaching

My PC has been fixed after the A/C adaptor fire and will attend the AFA conference in Phoenix next week. I've finished the alfirdaria technique and added it to Delphic Oracle and Timaeus. I've set the default to Abu-Mashar placing the nodes at the end of either the diurnal or nocturnal sequence, but there is also an option to include the nodes between Mars - Sun regardless of sect. I've made the individual firdar period listings clickable so that you can see transits and progressions and the list can be calculated 30 cycles into the future (each cycle is about 75 years).

This is technically the small fardar, but there is also some information, but not complete about the mighty fardar, big and middle fardar. I could add these as well if there was more complete information about how to calculate.

For instance, Zoller has said (Theosophical Society of NYC in Oct 1995) that the mighty fardar (for use in mundane astrology) is 360 years in length and starts with a sign and a planet (Saturn and Aries). Next would presumably be Jupiter and Taurus, etc. Is each of these 360 years or is the whole cycle of the zodiac 360 years (30 years per sign = 1 degree = 1 year)? Where would the cycle end? In that talk he seems to hint that this is to be used from 3101 BC which happens to be the beginning of the Kali Yuga.
Curtis Manwaring
Zoidiasoft Technologies, LLC