Was my aunt's ring stolen?

The querent's aunt's old and valuable ring went missing a long time ago but the querent strongly suspects that it was stolen. She asked, "Was my aunt's ring stolen?"

17th December 2011, 10:49 A.M., GMT, Worcester, UK. Regiomontanus, 8 degrees Aquarius rising.

The querent's aunt is her mother's sister, signified by the third from the tenth house, the radical twelfth ruled by Saturn. The aunt's ring is the aunt's possession, signified by the second from the twelfth, the radical first house in the sign of Aquarius, also ruled by Saturn.. As the question is about the ring and not the aunt, we can give the ring to Saturn. This would seem to fit the symbolism as the ring is old (Saturn) and valuable (Saturn in exaltation).

Saturn is just separating from conjunction wih Mercury by antiscion. Mercury is the natural ruler of thieves, and is in detriment. The chart seems to be confirming the querent's suspicions.

Observations, comments, criticisms gladly welcomed!

:D

Hi Harlequin,

I think you will get more responses if you upload the chart. I usually access Skyscript from my BlackBerry, so I don't generally go into an astro program and input info - I am sure others may have similar issues. I logged into my computer so that I could upload your chart:
I am not an expert by any means when it comes to missing items, but the first thing I always do is think about arguments for vs. against recovery, and testimony is not very strong. The Moon-Sun applying aspect above the earth is one of the only things moderately advantageous, I would think, and it's a square with Sun also ruling the 7th house (which often signifies a thief). The ring is likely signified by Saturn, derived 2nd house ruler for the aunt's ring (the aunt is also Saturn). Saturn is in the radical 8th house, which is not a good omen (as is Mercury angular, in detriment and antiscia Saturn). The Moon is in the 7th, leaving an angular, peregrine, out of sect Mars in the 7th and applying to the 7th ruler, the Sun. Perhaps it was sold by Mars to a jeweler? Sun doesn't seem like a bad influence per se, but Mars is involved. The Sun person likely knows where the ring is, but they are also prohibited by Venus in aspecting Saturn. It may have been sold to someone and then sold to a woman. Does the aunt have a brother? Maybe they could have sold it/stolen it (Mars rules the 3rd from the aunt's house).

I don't like dealing with derived houses - it makes more sense to receive the question from the aunt directly!

Hi,

If you're asking the question yourself, then your aunt gets the ASC. Then her ring would be ruled by Mars. The Moon separates from Mars and applies to the Sun, L7, which usually represents thieves. Or you could take the Moon as a natural Significator of missing things and come to the same conclusion.

There is a possibility, of course, that H7 represents some other person that 'belongs' to the DSC and that person would bring the ring home -- but since Mars peregrine is posited in the 7th and L8 is in the 12th, IMHO it represents the thief.

Harlequin wrote:Saturn is just separating from conjunction wih Mercury by antiscion.
Hello Harlequin

This bit has me lost, I'm afraid.... I'm not seeing this antiscion connection betweem Mercury and Saturn.

Mercury's antiscion is at 25 Capricorn and its contra-antiscion at 25 Cancer, whereas Saturn's are at (near enough) 2.5 Pisces and 2.5 Virgo.

In terms of the 7 planets Sun to Saturn, the only two I see in an antiscion link are Mercury and Venus.

Regards

H.

I'm not seeing this antiscion connection betweem Mercury and Saturn.
Good call, Handn. I didn't check this and assumed Harlequin was right. Perhaps Pisces was confused with Sagittarius.

Oops for me, too!

I dunno y but I thought it was your aunt. But anyways, the Moon still applies to L7, which represents thieves regardless of the derived houses.

Using derived houses sucks, if you ask me. Maybe the Querent's aunt is represented by H3 for relatives. Or we could find another house if we'd put our mind to it. Your mother's sister is your grandmother's daughter etc etc depends how you look at it.The problem is, we are using the chart as a computer program -- this is that and therefore that is that. But we don't know for sure, we are assuming because someone said so.