Ruler of hour = ruler of matter sought. Anyone seen this?

Allright. During some time in my practice I answered a considerable number of horaries, that has been diminishing as years passes and time becomes shorter.

I noticed a pattern that I have never forgotten, present in a great number of the horaries I did, and I wish to know if anyone ever noticed that as well in their experience:

When I looked at the chart, quite often, the ruler of the hour would be the exact same ruler as that of the matter sought after. For example, if it was a matter of romance, concerning the 7th house, the ruler of the 7th would be also the ruler of the hour. If it was a matter concerning an accident suffered by the querent's father, the ruler of the 4th would be the ruler of the hour. If it was about a job or a position, the ruler of the hour would be the ruler of the 10th, about a lost object, the ruler of the 2nd, so on and so forth.

Also, a few times, after I was more experienced, when I noticed that the ruler of the hour and the ruler of the matter were not the same, and I would ask the querent if that which was questioned was really the problem, and not some other, related to a given house (say, querent came saying it was a 7th house matter, but then came about the ruler of the 5th, so her deep concern was really to ask about a pregnancy) and querent would confirm that to be true.

Not always, but often, the ruler of the hour would also be in accordance with the considerations before judgment (like being in the same triplicity as the ruler of the AC, or ruling the AC, or having the same temperament) but that was not always true, from what I remember.

So, anyone has noticed this trend as well or am I alone in this boat?
Paulo Felipe Noronha

your observation validates the link between horary charts, consultation charts and electional times.

There is a very popular traditions of doing or not doing something in certain planetary hours and you are probably just tuning into that system. In india there are "rahu-kalams"(hour of the node) and "chaugharia"(96 mins divisions).

PD

Hello PFN,

If what you mean is that the planetary hour gives a clue to what the querent is really thinking, then yes. I have myself discovered that this is so but not all the time. Sometimes it is the planetary hour ruler (esp. when the query is about a lost item or a fugitive) and sometimes it is the domicile lord of the 12th part of the ascendant and again sometimes it is the ruler of the lunar mansion where moon is. I think the rationale here is that the quesited matter is governed by one of these three rulers viz. the most earthbound (hour ruler - which is probably why the ancients use the hour ruler for preliminary considerations for radicality), the hidden ruler connected to the querent (domicile lord of the 12th part of ascendant) and the planetary lord connected to Moon as she is the is the mistress of mundane, consultation and horary work (lord of the planet that rules the mansion where moon is located).

So, anyone has noticed this trend as well or am I alone in this boat?
You are not alone. That is one of the reasons I find horary so fascinating, and I must say a bit creepy. I would think this is just as true about the placement of the Moon or ASC ruler too (or even the quesited), though. For example, a question on communications may have a Mercury hour, but it might also have Moon in the 3rd house, etc. Work horaries often find the querent in the 10th house or the 10th ruler in the 1st (well, the more positive ones, obviously). I think all of this just adds to the "rootedness" of the chart, even if these are not rules that are a must for a rooted chart.