The Sinking of The Costa Concordia

Hello everybody,

close to the island of Giglio (Tuscany), one of the biggest Cruisers ever produced is sinking right in this moment. It had more than 4200 people on board, among them 52 children . 4 dead persons have already been found but many people are still missing.

The photos of the distaster on the web are shocking. www.repubblica.it
I casted the chart for the moment of the departure:

13/1/2012
Civitavecchia, italy
7.00 pm

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I think the chart is very clear...

in this moment, the ship is laying on the left side and sinking at a distance of 1 mile from the cost.

I will try to put more infos on the forum as still i got them.

Bye
Tania

Here are some more details of this terribile disaster:

The cause of the ship's sinking were some sea rocks which caused a 70 m hole in the ship's belly (see Mars in Virgo!)

The ship was definitivley much too close to the coast and the captain has just been arrested with the accuse of mutliple murder. He also left the ship many hours before the last passenger did. the significator of the captain is the 10th hosue ruler Venus, on the very last degree (he left the ship when the first helpers arrived) , she 's in the 7th casting an nearly exact trine to Saturn (6th, 7th). Venus is conjunct Neptun in the 7th, police is inquiring if there has been personel motivs to bring the ship so close to the coast. Newspaper report that there was some kind of signal to somebody on the coast. Venus is ruled by the lord of the 7th, there is reception. Saturn rules the "other" but also the "defect" in the ship. The captains disattention (Venus/Neptun) and focalisation on somebody, in particular to whom sending signals, might have caused the disaster,

the moment of the collision was 9.45 pm just in front of Giglio Harbour 10?55 E
42?22' N
(source: www.repubblica.it)

here it is:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I posted this on another site. The time I was given was 9:30 PM and I used that:
Mercury ruler of the ASC (the ship I sail in) is on the fixed star Facies:
"Blindness, violent death, sickness, accidents, broken limbs; leadership, war,
coldness, detachment, perfectionism; earthquakes;"

Mars is on Denebola: "Criticism, perseverance, control, lack of imagination,
honours, undesirable associates, mental illness, happiness turns to despair,
disease, natural disasters, catastrophes"

Happiness turns to despair is a pretty good description of a pleasure cruise
ship sinking.

All the planets except Jupiter in the 8th where it can't do much good, are above the horizon. The south node is on the MC. Not a happy chart.
Another person noted that Mercury is out of bounds therefore delivering more than usual. I don't know anything about using OOB planets.

The return of Captain Peacock

Sun as the Captain of the ship is conjunct fixed star Peacock :

Alpha (?) Pavo, Peacock, is a star in the starry tail of the Peacock

Legend: It is said to represent Argos, the builder of the ship Argo, who was changed into a peacock by Juno when Argo Navis was placed in the heavens. [Robson*, p.55.]

Influences: Pavo is said to give vanity and love of display, together with a long life and sometimes fame. [Robson*, p.55.]

http://www.constellationsofwords.com/stars/Peacock.html

Sun on Peacock is on the cusp of the 5th house in the above chart.

Now, here's the title of a news article from the Sydney Morning Herald:

Cruise ship captain accused of showing off

Maritime authorities, passengers and mounting evidence point the finger of blame towards the captain of a cruise liner that ran aground and capsized off the Tuscan coast, with accusations that he was showing off when he steered the vessel far too close to shore and abandoned ship before everyone was safely evacuated...

http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-inc ... 1q29g.html

Here's another title (for Sun on the cusp of the 5th house):

Costa Concordia cruise ship crash: Captain 'was in a bar with glamorous woman' before tragedy

The Costa Concordia?s captain was blamed for the disaster by his company last night as passengers told how he was parading around a bar with a glamorous woman shortly before the liner hit rocks...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-storie ... -23701439/

(remember Captain Peacock from the legendary british TV series "Are you being served" and Captain Stubing from "The love boat"?)

Costa Concordia cruise ship crash: Captain 'was in a bar with glamorous woman' before tragedy
I don't know that there has ever been a tragedy at sea on on ocean liner that these kinds of stories don't come out first. While I don't discount the possibility of negligence (they did run aground and they have charts uhhh not astrological charts), stories like the above are rarely more than just rumors or lack of understanding. No captain is at the helm 24/7. That's why they have a crew. If the captain had a heart attack the ship wouldn't inevitably run aground. The assumption is that the company hired an incompetent crew who cannot function unless the captain is with them physically, and he's just a drunk. I don't buy it. Maybe they could have done better with the rescue; maybe they couldn't. I'd hold off on this stuff for now. If it's true they were negligent, the evidence will show it. The recollections of an understandably panicked passenger don't have a lot of weight. If all the evidence shows is that the captain was having a drink during his off hours, so what? If the whole crew was at the bar when it happened, the critics might have something. The captain is going to be blamed whether he was on duty or off when it happened.

Left hand down a bit

Tom,

It is not unprecedented for the whole crew, or at least the responsible ones, to be absent from the bridge leaving it unmanned. I seem to remember a Greek ferry crashing when everyone who could steer it was watching a football match. I have left the verb as unmannned rather than unpersonned as woman would surely have more sense.

I fear that your appeal to await the inquest has fallen on deaf ears. The captain has been arrested and another rumour is that he was showing off to a male friend on the shore.The ship we are told is fully automated so complacency doubtless came into it.

Best regards

Matthew

some folks here might like to look at the cross aspects between the event and the chart for italy republic - june 10 1946 610pm rome..
i show mars directed to uranus in the primary directions but it is off by about a month.. solar arc data has midheaven at radix scorpio moon in the 12th area.. t sun opposite saturn in cancer in the 9th, and t uranus fairly close square to radix mercury also in the 9th by whole/sign houses..

Re: Launching Costa Concordia?

Annemiek wrote:Is the exact launching time of the Costa Concordia published?
Yes, the data is known and is very intersting. The Concordia has been baptized on july 7th 1996 in Civitavecchia, Italy. The time must be around 12 pm. Intersting because the bottleof champagne didn't break. And, if the time is right, The AC is in Virgo with retrograde Mercury in Lion in the 10th, Moon in Scorpio in the 3rd.

Bye the way, I would rather use the 10th ruler to decribe the capitain.

Greetings

Tania