Neugebauer "Greek Horoscopes": Ascella edition

This is particularly a question for Deb and anyone else who might have up-to-date information on Ascella Books.

Is the full Ascella stock-list on the astrology-world site still available, including Neugebauer's "Greek Horoscopes"? I ask because the page does not seem to have been updated much in a long time, if at all, and some retailers such as Midheaven have discontinued listing certain Ascella items as available, including the Neugebauer text. It seems that this particular item is impossible to buy second-hand in any edition for less than $145 US, and nobody else is printing it new, so I have been hoping that the Ascella edition might still be available, but I'm just not sure what the situation is with regard to availability - or even whether the old order form link from the site still works! An enquiry I placed there a few days ago is yet to receive a reply.

My apologies if this does not seem like an appropriate question to place on this forum. It is just that I am very eager to obtain a copy of this book at a fair price!

Philip

Hi Phillip,

Welcome to the forum.

I get a lot of personal emails asking me similar questions, but the fact is I passed Ascella over to Peter Hill six years ago and I?ve had no involvement with it since.

I think it is safe to say that I wouldn?t recommend anyone to place individual orders direct with Ascella or through that site, because of the problems you have encountered. As far as I?m aware Equinox in London supplies Ascella books so it is worth checking with them ? but if they don?t have a title currently in stock they may have to wait for a renewed supply.

For Greek Horoscopes I think you would be better trying to obtain a copy direct from the publishers ? The American Philosophical Society. Check out their website at http://www.amphilsoc.org/. I think it?s listed on there for much less than you?ve quoted. In fact, if I read the enrty right, looks like its only $20.

Best wishes
Deb

Thank you Deb!

Dear Deb,

Thank you for the welcome and your helpful reply. I realised that it long since ceased to be your business - but thought you or someone else who is a member here might possibly know something of what the situation was with the website, through contacts etc..

It's wonderful to see how many excellent resources you have been building up at Skyscript over the past eight months or so since we were last in contact, and I look forward to contributing to the forum in the future. Unfortunately I had to put my astrology writing on hold last April as changes overtook my personal life and residential situation; and I am now on the verge of moving permanently to Sweden to join my fianc?e, with whom I am writing a series of novels currently. On registering as a Swedish resident in the next few months I'll have to attend Swedish classes pretty much full-time for a number of months - that's the rule they have there. But I am very much hoping to work on more astrology again in the future. Recently I had a curious dream in which I had worked on some article on medical astrology and the rulerships of herbs in association with you! Whether that will come true remains to be seen, but I hope so (many of my dreams do).

I shall check out the link you provided and see if I can obtain a copy of Greek Horoscopes that way.

With very best wishes,

Philip