New Moon, January 23. 2012

New Moon, January 23. 2012

Mars is in his first station and turning retrograde in the chart for tomorrows New Moon in the 3rd degree of Aquarius. Aquarius is termed a violent sign, so I wonder whether there could be a potential explosion or accident in the air. I will certainly be monitoring the financial markets wiht great interest. New Moons or Full Moons frequently coincide with high market emotions and blow-off attitudes. Optimism is back, according to the press - however it could be that the optimism is more like an expression of relief, due to the fact that we are back at a top. It doesn't have to mean the rally is up ahead. There has been done a lot of hard lifting and propping up in the markets, just to get things this far. Volume has been higher the last week but without any notable rise in value. This is because people are selling. Who is selling? Why are they selling?

On February 1. transit Jupiter will cast a dexter square to the place of the New Moon through signs of short ascension. I don't know what to expect, are all problems solved or will there be a defensive move?

In the chart of the New Moon, Mercury, the dispostor of Mars, is applying to Mars by trine - and there is reception by exaltation. The trine may indicate good and this could be supported by the reception. However, the exaltation may express itself in a 'haughty' manner or through the extraordinary. Maybe we should look to science for some news of breakthrough? Ideas welcome!

Mars starts his retrograde passage on January 24. and that lasts until April 14. I think we could look at the movement from different perspectives yet the thumb rule says to regard retrograde Mars as a warning. The luminaries in Aquarius will be at the base and beginning of the movement. Will these bear influence on the behaviour of the significator and what to expect?
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.astronor.com

In terms of a potential down-swing on the potential markets, Aquarius has a tendency to throw things out. Some signs are accumulative, like Taurus and Cancer, while other signs are seperative, like Scorpio and Aquarius. Mars in Virgo would add to the picture by being particular og 'picky'.

Oddly that Neptune through Naples makes me wonder what the possibility is of either flooding or other water issue for Naples. non sequitor I know.

back on topic...
as to the economy, I think 2012 will be the dark before the dawn for Eu and the beginning of the dawn for US. Astrologically speaking it has in part to do with Brady's prediction that is the way it will be, ( http://www.zyntara.com/VisualAstrologyN ... n2012.html ) but another part, is When the treaty of Paris was signed in 1783, Saturn was at 5 CAP 59Rx, Pluto has been approaching and has passed over and I believe will pass over that point one more time. I can't imagine that it wouldn't affect The US economic status. When the Congress ratified the treaty in 1784, Saturn was at 20 Cap 27, and when we ratified the Constitution it was at 23 Aqu 23Rx, I think as Pluto continues forward it will continue to express the changes and growth in management and money. Basically power structure. At the same time Saturn is hovering in his exalted sign of Libra, Which for the US, I think is helping to stablize the change.

27Cap24 is where Pluto was on 4 July 1776, it is in early aqu for the early 1780's 14 Aqu 12 for the signing of the constitution. it is at 5 aqu for the signing of the articles of confederation, so the US is having all kinds of Pluto return issues I think.

Odd Notes
for the 1920's Pluto is in Cancer, in the week of 24-29 Oct 1929, Pluto was at 19 Can and (side note Pluto conj 4 july chart natal venus in July of 1914) that opposes the 20 Cap Saturn of the Treaty ratification chart, which might argue that chart as a good US Chart. Also on the day that Washington took his oath of office, 30 April 1789 Jupiter was at 22 CAN, so approaching Pluto to that chart may also be a good argument for the problem. When the NYSE was created on 17 may 1792, the moon was at 20 Aries, putting pluto square to moon in that chart. So I do wonder at what the best charts are to use...

back to the EU sorta...
For me the EU is harder to boil down, and I'm not certain how much is just looking around and saying hey you can't cure the ills of Greece, Italy and Spain overnight, it will require a bit more time than that and how much astrologically looking at the problem, however, The natal sun for the EU is at 10 Cap 05, Pluto will crossover this point in January of 2013, which is probably about when it will feel the worst. after that I would think things would start to get better. Second issue however, when Pluto gets to 25 Cap, it will not only conj natal Venus, but Square natal Saturn at 26 Aries, this may be a scarier event than the current problems. makes me think that some change in Money handling will scare the powers that be. Not that the Money change is bad, but that they wont like it. that will occur in 2021 so you have a little time to work on it. :) Also like the great depression it may be foreshadowed by a huge upswing in the economy, at 21 Cap Pluto will sextile Natal Jupiter, so you might get your own roaring 20's before the fall. Pluto hits 21 Cap the first time in 2018. and again in July of 1914 Pluto conj US natal Venus (the 1776 chart) at 1 can, so may be more a war indication than a money one. though the two go hand in hand. Also did all these countries adopt the EU at the same time? may indicate something to do with those charts????

anyway, I'm just pondering the possibilities, as I like to do.

Granny

Andrew wrote:
I don't get the news in the UK, but is there something brewing in the Falklands again? In the current chart I see that Mars/Uranus lines are on either side of the area...
Hi Andrew,

Since you haven't been following the UK media over the last few weeks that comment is remarkably spot on!

The issue has blown up again as Argentina has been using diplomatic influence with its South American neighbours through the Mercosur trade bloc to ban ships flying the Falklands flag from entering South American ports. This represents part of a concerted diplomatic campaign by Argentina to gain support for its sovereignty claim to the Falklands
(Malvinas).

Its quite clear the Argeninian strategy is to economically 'squeeze' the Falklands so that Britain is forced to negotiate the sovereignty of the Islands. This action follows a previous ban on all Falkland Island flights to the South American mainland. Indeed Argentina has been making other Latin American countries position on the Falklands (Malvinas) a litmus test on economic co-operation with them. From a diplomatic point of view Argentina has been very successful. However, the chances of Britain negotiating on this issue seem as remote as ever.

The recent ban on Falklands shippping has forced them to fly the standard UK flag:

http://www.ntn24.com/news/news/falkland ... e-fla-9775

David Cameron responded by making a statement in the UK parliament about Britain's determination to retain the Islands as long as the inhabitants of the Falklands wish to remain British. Cameron rejected Argentina's efforts to renew talks, calling them "unfounded and counterproductive", and went on to describe Buenos Aires's sovereignty claim as "colonialism".

Predictably this led to a strong reaction in Argentina with criticism of Cameron's speech by the Argentinian Senate and President. There were also a demonstration outside the British embassy in Buenos Aires where the Union Jack was burned and demands were made to sever diplomatic relations with Britain.

One issue to watch is the oil exploration off the Falklands. Britain recently decided to install a second rig to drill for oil in water south and southeast of the archipelago, while the U.S. oil company Anadarko has expressed an interest in prospecting in the islands.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-16735731

http://ipsnews.net/news.asp?idnews=106571

Mark
Last edited by Mark on Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

There was mention of the conflict in the Norwegian media last night. It is interesting both in terms of a 30-year cycle, but also in view of the combination of Mars and Uranus. In 1977 the Norwegians suffered a blow-out in the North Sea on the Bravo-platform as Uranus transited Mars in Scorpio in the national chart. The current instability in the Falklands area and the oil issue would be the topic in common.

There's quite a tight configuration over California, isn't there? With the New Moon on the lower Midheaven and Saturn/Jupiter across the Ascendant/Descendant. Granny might give us an update on anything particular in that region.

Venus is on the ascendant of Greece, but rather than being on the top of things they are rather looking for a bail-out at the moment.

Andrew wrote:
Venus is on the ascendant of Greece, but rather than being on the top of things they are rather looking for a bail-out at the moment.
Well its a long running story so I dont think we should read too much into a single lunation chart. Pluto is smack on the MC in the forthcoming Aries ingress chart located for Athens. The ingress Sun and mercury in the 12th and the ASC ruler (Mars) in the 6th and Rx.

The fact the Greek economy is going through a hellish time is common knowledge so the astrology just seems to be just reflecting what we know rather than offering us any surprizes:
The strong Venus as Lord 2 seems paradoxical but I think its significance here is more linked to its 7th house association representing financial aid from abroad. That is supported by its conj to Jupiter (Lord 9).

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly