Lot of Fortune and Lot of Spirit Signify: What and How?

Good evening/morning everyone,

I wanted to create a new topic regarding these two parts (and perhaps others if anyone is interested in talking about them too) because I feel it is important to know where these things lie in one's chart. So far in my studies, I've came across a lot of similar definitions between the more credible sources regarding a few things:

Part of Fortune: Signifies the body, and generally what happens to the person in the physical realm

Part of Spirit: Intentions, faith, hidden things, and things to come (?)

Even so, these things seem to be speculated between everyone. I just want some good, solid sources to do my studies on.

For more advanced practitioners I am probably sure you guys are either shaking your heads in disdain or slapping your foreheads if it actually is that simple. Please correct me if I'm wrong. The reason why I want to bring this up is to understand WHAT and WHERE these two parts do what they're supposed to do. It doesn't really seem to explain what Fortune and Spirit do if they are in "X" house in "X" sign, or what happens if "X" is applying "X" to a part. So, yeah, there's a lot of information generally explaining what they are. It appears to me, however, a lot of the pulp is left out or simply not focused on.

For me, it's a big pain in the butt. I was generally born at almost twilight (8:08pm in Doylestown PA on 8/8/89) but did a few calculations for the actual sun time (check out 'daily sun data' in Google, it'll be the first link, if it's slower you subtract time, if it's faster you add time, technically my birth time is 8:02:21pm, give or take a minute or two from actual first breath from childbirth because I think babies generally breath a bit earlier than before the entire body is out) SOO my Fortune is either in Taurus in the day or Scorpio in the night and vice versa for Spirit. I realize a lot of people don't have this issue but some do, and for some it is quite confusing when it's a pretty big part in the chart.

But again, there doesn't seem to be much explaining about what these parts do depending on where they are. I'm sure one could easily say, "Oh, your Fortune is in Gemini? Well...it does Gemini things. And your Spirit is in Aries? Well, that does Aries stuff. Yep", however that doesn't seem like a fair guide. Understandably one needs to see the whole chart for this stuff, but I figured I'd bring up the Lots of Fortune and Spirit, I feel that very few of us novices know next to anything about them, and going on Google and typing them in produces very garbage-like results. And I don't think anyone wants to practice based off of trash.

Thanks a lot for your time and inputs,

Dajorok

Hi Dajorok

Go to the website of Project Hindsight and buy the tutorial on Zodiacal releasing from Spirit.
I will be well worth the cost, your time and effort.
Hermes

Hermes can you give the direct link so that anyone who might be interested can see how to get this and how much it costs. I can't find it myself.

I hope we can provide some pointers to information here that is free to access too. This page leads to a fuller forum discussion on the hermetic lots: http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5523

Maybe this article by Chris Brennan will be useful:
http://www.chrisbrennanastrologer.com/B ... ionale.pdf

An older article by David McCann that has been reproduced on Skyscript is here: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/fortune.html

I know that Dorian Greenbaum did her PhD thesis on issues related to the Lot of Spirit and I believe there are plans for that to be made available in book form, but I'm not sure when that will be.