Mystery Chart Exercise March 3 2012

Below are three charts. All male. The challenge is to try to determine which one is a musician. Please give astrological reasoning for your choice and, if you so desire, give some reasons why you eliminated the other two. Remember, this is not a "guess who it is" exercise. The musician may or may not be famous, so leave that out. The other charts may or may not be those of anyone famous. Enjoy:

MALE No. 1

MALE No. 2

Male No. 3

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Chart 3.

Venus is strong, posited in 11th with 10th lord mercury and dispositor of POF, 2nd lord Jupiter and 1st lord Mars.

Others do not have such multiple testimonies and beware of the person with a Scorpio ascendant :)

PD

Hi, I'm a beginner in astrology, but I can't resist trying.

I'd say the 3rd chart. Because of the strong Venus in own sign, plus lord 5 Mars (talents and creativity) and also Mercury being in Libra in 11th house.
Someone playing with an orchestra, or having a leading position in an orchestra (main instrument), plus Mercury is lord 10 (career) in the 11th.
Moon is lord 9th, in Leo in the 9th house. I think that person is famous or has an international career.
Lord 4th house, Jupiter, also in 11th house in Libra. Maybe his parents were artists as well, or creative people anyway.
So I'd definitely go for chart nr 3

I agree that chart nr 1 may be a tormented soul of some kind, but I doubt if he/she could be a famous artist.
The Sun is weak in the 6th house and has not much dignity in Sagittarius, plus dispositor Jupiter is debilitated aswell in Virgo and in 3rd house.
The Moon, in fall in scorpio and in partile square to Mars in the 8th house, is not easy either.

Chart nr 2
Jupiter, lord of 5th house (talents and creativity) is in the 12th (hidden) and retrograde + out of sect and in aversion to the planets in Sagittarius.
Moon, lord 12th is in the 6th house, in detriment in Capricorn.

Career lord 10 is Mars in Scorpio in the 4th. This is not someone in the spotlights I think

Please excuse me if I'm wrong, like I said, I'm a beginner. I once had an excercise like this ..my teacher gave me 3 charts of three different people and I had to put the right chart with the right person. I just loved that assignment.

I suppose it depends what kind of musician we are discussing. A vocalist or percussionist? What style of music? Intense and dark or light and breezy? I suspect different styles and types of music have different significators.

Chart 3 looks initially the obvious choice with all that Venus emphasis. However, this Venus is completely out of sect. Above the horizon in a day chart, in a masculine sign and oriental of the Sun. Venus here is also under the Sun's beams.

I will go for Chart 1. My main reason is not that traditional. Its just that water sign emphasis seems to crop up disproportionately in the charts of musicians I have studied. Its not obvious but Scorpio Moon appears in a lot of musicians charts. Perhaps less surprising if we keep in mind the stories of troubled, difficult lives associated with many musicians. We often see the creative impulses emerging from intense emotions and personal suffering. That would certainly fit Chart 1. Of course there are lots of exceptions and one can find charts spread across the zodiac. Tom didn't say this person was necessarily that famous so I haven't looked for eminence indicators.

Here Moon and Mercury in the 5th. The Moon in fall but conjunct NN and in sect. Venus is Lord 5 and exaltation ruler of MC. Venus angular in the 7th. Venus occidental of Sun.

Mark
Last edited by Mark on Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

The emphasis on the water signs could also apply to chart nr 3 ?

He is a scorpio, ascendant Scorpio (very deep feelings and emotions). With Moon in Leo, I would think he feels the need to express his emotions in an artistic way, and the need to be admired or need for a public to perform for.

With the planets in Libra, an air sign, maybe he 's playing a sort of air-like instrument (trompet, saxophone..) ?

I'm so curious to know the outcome ! :)

Madeleine wrote:
The emphasis on the water signs could also apply to chart nr 3 ?
True! But I was mostly thinking of Moon signs as part of the quality of the soul (Ptolemy) . Here the ASC ruler is out of sect and in its detriment. Leo Moon is disposited by Sun in the 12th.

Looking at lot of fortune I prefer Chart 1 as the sect light and ASC ruler (Moon) and Mercury are angular to it.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Varuna 2
I could be wrong, but I have no reputation so nothing to lose either.
Me too. Thankfully I am not a professional so if I am going down a dead end here its only a bit of ego deflation. I am not inflicting my views on any clients. I know this sounds trite but I sometimes find the things I get wrong more instructive than what I get spot on. The former makes me challenge my approach and look more deeply while the latter can make me more complacent. From that perspective these kind of practical exercises are beneficial even when we appear to 'lose' as you put it.

Mark