james_m wrote:really interesting comments nixx! i agree, a thread discussing this would be ideal. the ecm catalogue was really what i grew up on and first started with in the jazz spectrum.. keith jarrett and on. i agree that no planet is going to cover all of any style of music, and i am especially curious on your thoughts towards the later part of your post saying one may not need to go beyond the sun, moon and asc for much of the info.. your interpretation of the 2nd quadrant i think is a good one.. as someone who has sun in aries in this quadrant, i can really relate to it. perhaps you can take this approach to the new quiz up on the other thread.. thanks for your comments.
Jarrett's, or Redman's, Survivors Suite Lp was an album which I considered worthy of being analysed for this book I was working on. Do you know it ?

I had a brief look at the 3 new charts. I think Tom said he was going to throw in the vocations of the other two, if so I'll see if anything jumps out with this more fundamentalist trio system then. Like the pianist it helps, me, to know if we are dealing with a Hoffman or a Stallone. Actors nowadays can be well payed cultural icons followed about by the paparazzi whereas centuries ago they had less visible or lucrative fates so it might be interesting to find out more about some tradtional conceptions of this 'choice' for a career.

hi nixx,

yes i know that recording and have it.. it is with the picture of the house on the cover.. i can't remember the story on the house.. jarrett had the euro group and the american group running at the same time.. he had much more difficulty keeping the american group running on a smooth level as i recall from reading the book on him by ian carr.. do you play music?

James,

Yes, this is the one. One potentially interesting astrological angle to this LP is how the USA quartet hadn't previously gelled like the European one then managed to produce this extraordinary music.

You asked me about playing before. I was sent to a school where learning instruments was mandatory so by the age of 13 could play the piano and violin to about grade 5 standard but then gave them. Since then I returned to the piano a little and learnt the guitar to a pretty basic standard. Like a lot of folks it's a regret I was tempted away by more instantly gratifying teenage kicks.

Drums I was never tempted by, bloody noisy and I don't much like the look of them or the sound much come to think of it. Could be more of a Sun in Aries endeavour ?

hi nixx,
i sent you a more personal note in a pm.. i thought i would stop talking non astro here on the thread out of a favour to the others! hopefully you get my message.. cheers james

Image Shack went to a paid subscription service and I didn't pay since, I rarely used it. So I guess my charts are lost. Unfortunately, I have no idea which charts I posted or even who the subject was. I posted this five years ago. The best I could do is post the chart of the subject, and I will if someone will tell me who it was. There are 12 pages of posts here.

If someone wants to try to look at all this without knowing the subject, sorry, I can't help. It's too long ago.

Tom wrote: I don't believe we can determine the chosen profession with any great deal of success except perhaps at the highest levels. We can determine something suitable, whether the rest of the life cooperates is another story. So here goes:

Chart No. 3 is that of Roman Catholic Cardinal Kohl of Philadelphia Pa. He was born in 1910. He was well known for his conservative theology and was a right hand man to John Paul II (look at that 11th house).

Chart No. 2 belongs to Dick Butkus famed middle linebacker for the Chicago Bears. Butkus was born if I recall in 1942. He is one of the top players at that position ever.

S Chart No. 1 is our musician. He is jazz pianist and small group leader Dave Brubeck. His chart is pathetic. He is strongly phlegmatic, which I find surprising. Phlegmatics need direction and that often comes from a strong malefic. Maybe Saturn in his case.

He originally went to school to study veterinary medicine, but the head of the department recognized that Brubeck spent more time at the music conservatory than he did in the biology labs and sent him packing.

He is well known for experimenting with odd (for jazz) time signatures. His signature tune, Take Five, is done in 5/4 time not the more usual 4/4 time used in most jazz compositions. He was and is an innovator. It wasn't until just before he gradated from the prestigious Julliard Music Academy that it was learned he could not read music (a tradition among jazz musicians). He was almost prevented from graduating. Brubeck has also studied classical music.

Brubeck was drafted in WWII and served in Patton's 3rd Army but missed the Battle of the Bulge when he played in a Red Cross benefit. He formed his first group in I think 1952 about the time his progressed Moon hit his natal Sun.

I'll have more on this when time permits. Thank you all again. This was an outstanding exercise. Keep the discussion rolling.
there you have it.. part of it...

I did a computer scan and cannot find any reference to a Cardinal Kohl or a mystery chart that might have been it. I checked Astrodatabank and a couple of books of charts. I found exactly nothing. I had a laptop for work that I had to turn in when I retired, and I deleted all my astro stuff without saving. I haven't got the slightest idea where that chart came from.

2012 was a couple of desktops and a couple of laptops ago. I usually wait for them to crash and then I lose stuff, although I wouldn't not have cared whether I saved this one or not. I even looked for a biography and can't find anything online about him. I didn't make him up out of thin air.

Most likely I found him in a book of charts (I'm pretty sure that's where Brubeck came from) and ran a chart without identification and copied that to the Forum. I had two books of charts, one of which has fallen apart and there are lots of missing pages.

All of this to say: I can't find it, and I have no idea where I obtained it.

Or maybe try a new challenge?

Vocation is usually at least slightly straight-forward but some people are also musicians or athletes while also having other careers, which would make certain charts more tricky than others.