Am I pregnant? (I promise will post the outcome)

Hi all.

I have a 3 year old child and my partner and I are not inclined to have another baby just as yet.
However, a few nights ago an "accident" may have happened.
I casted this horary chart today:
Am I pregnant?

Cancer rising, Moon in the 5th - probably just means I am thinking about pregnancies?
Moon in Scorpio - fertile, but not her favourite sign
Moon's next aspect will be a trine with the Sun. Not sure what that means
Venus is the ruler of the 5th - in Taurus H11 conj Jupiter - seems to be pretty strong although applying to a square with retrograde Mars (will first perfect the conjunction with jupiter)
And finally Saturn in the 5th, retrograde - acc to Lilly not a good prognosticator for pregnancy.

I got a bit confused with the mixed indicators in this chart. Looks like I am fertile, but then there is that Saturn in the 5th.
I feel I need some help from the experts.

I will obviously know the outcome in some weeks time, but I think this is good to pratice! Any views will be very much appreciated.
Thanks

Hello :)

Just as a quick note - I think you are pregnant.

Reasons - the Moon as the ruler of the ascendant placed in the 5th in a fertile sign and committing its disposition to an angular planet in yet again a very fertile sign of Pisces by a harmonious trine (the Moon is actually as good as received!) so this is, at least for me(and according to Bonatti), a very strong indicator of pregnancy.

Moreover, the Moon's last aspect was with Mars, the ruler of the 5th with reception; the aspect was a sextile which carries the strength of a trine(according to Paulus). So one more testimony of pregnancy. What could make it rather problematic and potentially dangerous is the position of the retrograde Saturn in the 5th - a miscarriage? But since Saturn is not the planet deciding on the outcome here, I think all will be well.

Greetings,
Goran
Last edited by cor scorpii on Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

hey guys and gals

i am not 100% sure here .. I got my doubts

1. Moon is fertile
2. asce is fertile
3. moon is in 5th house

here are the bads

1. saturn retro in 5th
2. moon sextiles barren mars (NOT liking this 1 bit) esp with mars retro and it is not lord of 5th
3. moon / venus opposition

I am getting NO!

let us know

cheeers
good luck

Thank you for all your answers so far.

I was indeed very fertile on the day of the "accident" (14th day of the cycle, or ovulation day, if you know what I mean). However the male party has an influence on these things as well.

I will have the answer next week and will keep you posted.

Cecilia,

I think this is the section in CA II that Lilly would look at this query:
Other Judgements concerning Womens being
with childe or not.
CHAP. XL.

Whether a Woman be with Child or not.

When a woman asks this Question, have respect to the Lord of the Ascendant and the Moon who shall signifie the person of the Querent, the 5th house and Lord thereof shall show the Conception, if any be: If the Lord of the Ascendant be in the 5th, or Lord of the 5th in the Ascendant, free from all manner of impediments, it argues the Woman is conceived with child; so also if the Lord of the Ascendant his vertue or disposition be translated to any Planet in an Angle, the more certaine you may judge; if he to whom the Lord of the Ascendant commits his Disposition, be received of the Lord of the Ascendant by him; but if the Planet to whom the Lord of the Ascendant hath committed his Disposition, be in a cadent house, it notes the Woman hath taken griefe; and whereas she thinks she may be conceived of a Child, it?s more like to be a Sicknesse; and if the Conception should hold, t?will come to no good end, especially if the Ascendant be Aries or Cancer, Libra or Capricorn, or if any of the malevolent Planets be in an Angle, or else South Node, for usually South Node in the 5th, shewes abortion, in the Ascendant extreame feare and mistrust of it; but if the ponderous Planet to whom the Lord of the Ascendant commits his Disposition be in good house, viz. in the 2nd, 11th or 9th, not in Conjunction with the Infortunes, and the Moon be free, it notes the Conception shall come to a good end, and the Woman safely delivered: so as also if the Lord of the 5th, who is naturall Signiticator of Children, be in the Ascendant free from misfortune, viz. Retrogradation or Combustion, or not with South Node,
This is such a great horary as Luna fits exactly the lord of the Asc. in as Lilly says "...have respect to the Lord of the Ascendant and the Moon who shall signifie the person of the Querent...", the only flaw here I see is Luna is essentially in her Fall in Sco, yet she trines Sol which seems to remedy that greatly. Then Lilly says this about the Lord of the 5th, Androdite, "...the 5th house and Lord thereof shall show the Conception, if any be:" and Venus is in her Essential Dignity in Tau and cjt Jupiter, is that Not screaming in a Big Zeus-like way Pregnantcy?

Then our Mentor Lilly says "..If the Lord of the Ascendant be in the 5th..." . Then Lilly states about the Lord of the asc., if it be "...free from all manner of impediments, it argues the Woman is conceived with child...". The only flaw as I noted so far is that Luna is in Sco, her fall!

Now this could void this Yes answer of conception, as Lilly says "...if the Conception should hold, t?will come to no good end, especially if the Ascendant be Aries or Cancer,...". Well the Asc., is Cancer so that is not positive for our querant.

But Lilly states that "...but if the ponderous Planet to whom the Lord of the Ascendant commits his Disposition be in good house, viz. in the 2nd, 11th or 9th, not in Conjunction with the Infortunes, and the Moon be free, it notes the Conception shall come to a good end, and the Woman safely delivered:...". What I question here is if Sol that is trined by the lord of the Asc., Luna, is he considered a ponderous planet such as it would be if Jupiter were the planet? For Sol is in the 9th, as Lilly stated, but is that Sun in Pisces actually considered 'ponderous'?

That word disposition is troubling me here in what does Lilly actually mean by this?

What I'm hating about this horary as the lord of questions, Mercury is Rx, so are we missing details here? Don't you my blessed Forum membership, just love these Mercury Rx horarys?

In view of what Lilly says, if I'm understanding his section on pregnancy, and this marvelous example of a horary that echoes Lilly's writting so well, is that a Yes, Cecilia you are indeed pregnant unless there are factors the Forum can show us in this Merc Rx period of why she may not be as CosmicDolphin has stated?

Now this really bothers me about this horary and I don't know where this data is found, but does Luna/Moon in an intercepted sign Scorpio loose her effect as lord of the asc., our querant, as well as Venus intercepted in Tau as she cjts Jupiter? Hope someone has data and knowledge upon this intercepted business?

But as Cecilia has point out, she really dosen't want another child, yet the Rx 7th Lord, Kronus, is saying she will not like her consultantcy's verdict yet she needs consultants upon this matter as represented by Saturn!

Clinton Garrett Soule

wise men truly know how little they know
Last edited by Clinton Soule on Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That interception has me very riddled, tried to post earlier but Merc Rx is kicking me!

http://tribes.tribenetwork.com/horary-a ... 46f7e24e35

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/dictiona ... -house.php
Intercepted House - Astrology Encyclopedia
Definition of Intercepted House One in which a Sign is contained wholly within the House, which sign does not appear upon either cusp of the House. It is more logical to consider the House as intercepted by the Sign - than the reverse although it is frequently referred to as an intercepted sign, instead of an intercepting sign. An intercepted House is generally either preceded or followed by one that has the same sign on both the cusps. The affairs of an intercepted House are generally complicated, and the planets therein are of more than average importance.

Hi Cecilia,
the outcome is not known yet so here is my opinion:
I don?t think you are pregnant. As you said Moon in 5th means you are thinking about pregnancy.
I would expect L5 in the first house or an aspect between L1 and L5.
Moon?s dispositor is Mars in barren sign and Scorpio is an impediment for Moon.
Moon?s trine to Sun means that you?ll be satisfied because you?re not inclined to have a baby yet.

Greetings,
Trojan
Reges Subjucent Legibus Stellarum

horarcek said:
I would expect L5 in the first house or an aspect between L1 and L5.
I can see how that should or could be a very strong factor here. But I think there is another avenue or perspective and that is the Asc. does positively aspect Venus ruler of L5.

Also Lilly said '...when the lord of the 7th is rectrograde the querant would Not like the verdict of the artist...'. Well here the artist is the actual first house, and the Capricorn 7th being Rx, is a need for a consultantcy, which this Forum is. And if I'm not going over the edge is the verdict of pregnant not what the querant and artist wants to hear?

Yes, I know that Lilly meant the 7th ruler Rx in regard to the astrologer, and even if she turns out pregnant it doesn't mean my hypothesis holds true!

Found this on the Intercepted Moon and Venus hypothesis:

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewt ... d003f6c559
Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:30 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

None of the traditional authors I've read seem bothered by a planet in an intercepted sign. If Leo is intercepted in 10, any planet in Leo is treated as any other 10th house planet. Morin would use both ruling planets in interpretation particularly if 27 or more degrees were on the cusp preceding the intercepted sign. In effect the house would have two rulers, but priority would be given to the ruler of the sign on the cusp. Intercepted signs are no big deal.

Tom
http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5126

That quote by moderator Tom pretty much destroys my hypothesis about interception.

With L5, Venus, trining Mars in that barren sign I'm still going to stick to my guns and stand on the pregnancy even though analysis is off under the Merc Rx and that Saturn in the 5th looks so limiting for a pregnantcy.

Clinton Garrett Soule

a wise man truly knows how little they know
Last edited by Clinton Soule on Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The horary artist who introduced me to horary and was my great mentor for the longest time, whom I am trying to get him on this Forum, always warned about the Mercury Rx horarys.

This one has been really bothering me, as Lilly taught the credibility of the art and our own rides upon our reputation and each individual horary verdict!

What's bothering me is the horary's overall end of the matter, the horary's fourth, it's lord Kronus/Saturn is Rx, and I understand that puts a hamper, a restriction upon our querant and artist in her consultants about this horary. Because I look at the 4th, end of the matter, and it's unaspected; no aspects mean No action!

Then if this is not a Modern technique, and if it is from the Moderns will someone point this out, as I under this Merc Rx can't locate the Traditionalist documentation on this at the moment. But if the 4th of the 5H(pregnancy) is the 8th(and it would be Saturn ruled no matter what house system one used), with Saturn as ruler it again shows Rx and unaspected. Which says No action.

So as much as I hate to say it, and Mercury-Rx-like reverse my original verdict which I held to so zealously, this Saturn Rx and unaspected I must change my verdict before the results are in as this unaspected lord of the matter's 4H or the horary's end of the matter both say no action.

Clinton Garrett Soule

a wise man knows truly how little they know
Last edited by Clinton Soule on Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hi

I think you might well be pregnant, however with the Moon in her fall I think this will be a very difficult pregnancy. The other possibility is that your body is too frail or you're not strong enough to carry the child.

I'm not sure, but I do think this chart is showing pregnancy, and if it is, I would just advise to make sure you look after your health because I can't help but think there might be health issues.