Relationship charts where the 7th ruler is in detriment

There have been numerous relationship charts drawn up where the querent (1st house ruler) has been found in it's detriment, [always] resulting in pain, and negative outcomes for the person asking the question.

But what about the 7th house ruler being in detriment? (where the querent's significator is not in detriment or even dignified).

Question: Will I have a relationship with X
4 Nov 2004 11.10pm Brisbane, Aust.

Can someone please explain the possibilities? Could one be that she already has a partner?

Situation is I am in library studying when X starts checking me out ( :P ) so after a couple of days of this we get acquainted. However neither of us know much about the other.

*Moon (1st house ruler ) is applying to saturn (7th)??
*Saturn is in detriment.
*Is that fact that both are trine to mercury, 11th house ruler of any
matter??
*The 7 degrees between the moon and saturn - could that imply something may happen in 7 days? (As it stands I think the chance of seeing her again is nil as we don't do the same course and, now at the end of study week, our exam schedules are very different.)

Thanks

Ok, her ruler, Saturn, is in Cancer which is the sign of your ruler. Saturn is also in your house. This means that she definitely likes you. The fact that she is in detriment means that she is unable to do anything about it. It could be that she already has a boyfriend, but it could also mean that she is shy or lacks a bit of confidence. You have the upper hand here, so it's you whose going to have to make the first move! You could ask her what she is up to this weekend, or what she did last weekend. If she is seeing anyone, she will mention him in the weekend's activities.

The Moon and Saturn are actually separating in aspect, so this doesn't count as something that is going to happen. It shows what has already passed. You probably first met 7 days or 7 weeks ago. The next aspect the Moon makes will be to her co-ruler, Venus. Venus is in a strong position as it's in it's own sign. This looks quite promising. Could be 3 days or 3 weeks. More likely to be weeks, I think.

Anyone else want to add anything?

Hi,

Ah 4 Doorz, you are so fickle! It was not even one year ago when you became absolutely besotted with someone else - to the extent where you couldn't even sleep and found yourself on this forum at silly hours of the night!!!! :lala

Still, I had a wee peak at this chart, just the same. The first comment I would like to make, if I may, is that when one of the parties in a relationship question is right over on the opposite cusp this means of course that this person is very much governed by the other, has strong feelings for them and would certainly be willing to go out of their way for the other party. By definition, though, this places that person's planet in detriment, so I'm not too sure how much attention should be paid to that debility - apart from in the sense that you might 'put yourself out' for another person in such a case.

Looking at this chart - yes, she likes you very very much, but she seems to exalt Jupiter and this feeling is mutual (this is the infatuation in the initial stages of a relationship). Furthermore since Venus is close to Jupiter, less than a degree in it, I would be quite surprised if this did not indicate her being with someone.

The interesting thing is though, that like PocketDragon says the Moon is going to perfect to sextile Venus (and Jupiter). Unfortunately there is no mutual reception here as Venus is in it's own sign and exalting Saturn - hmm, does she love herself?! (Quite right too :' ).

Good luck.

By the way, what did happen to 'the last one' (presuming she was the last one and there were no others in between)? Jealousy's a terrible thing!!

Bye for now.

Oh to be young again!
Susan,
Edinburgh.
www.horaryqueen.co.uk

A quickie question on dignities. Saturn and Jupiter are exalting each other. But isn't exaltation a slightly lesser dignity than reception by sign? As far as I know, the strongest dignity is reception by sign, so would this suggest that she likes 4 Doorz more than she likes Jupiter?? Also, if she is infatuated with someone else, then why would she be "checking out" 4 Doorz? I certainly wouldn't notice other blokes around me in the first stages of a relationship, but then I do have Venus in Scorpio! :lala

Hi,

To compare the relative strength of rulership and exaltation is like comparing rice with chocolate! I'm sure many of us exalt chocolate but it's not the biggest staple in the world!

Rulership is like being the title-holder, legal owner, key-holder etc. That gives you loads of strength - you can do what you like when you like in the house. However, when the bills come in you have to pay; if the roof falls in you have to get the emergency builder in the middle of the night, etc. etc. Sometimes we get hacked off with it and it depends on our ability to accept our responsibilities.

Exaltation is like being an honoured guest in someone else's house. Or imagine it like spending the night in a posh hotel. It's fantastic - we all want it and dream about it and when we get it it's never long enough, but we still know deep down we couldn't sustain that lifestyle.

So, we all have to come back to earth and get a permanent residency sorted out. It's the same with relationships. When you first meet someone you are infatuated (exalted) by them, but then the rose coloured specs must fall off and if something deeper develops between you both then it is real love - shown by rulership.

So perhaps she feels infatuated by someone else, but something a bit deeper in 4 Doorz. She perhaps sees him as a more viable option for something real! Also, because Venus hasn't conjoined with Jupiter yet, perhaps this is something that is brewing up between her and Jupiter - not quite a stable relationship yet.

Incidentally, in contests exaltation is more powerful because it is like psyching your opponent out before a boxing match. All that talking yourself up CAN and does actually win it or you sometimes.
Susan,
Edinburgh.
www.horaryqueen.co.uk

Pocket Dragon wrote: The Moon and Saturn are actually separating in aspect, so this doesn't count as something that is going to happen.
Aah, How did you work this out? I got my chart thru astro.om and the angle it gave me was 7 degrees (as opposed to -7 degrees like it usually does with aspects which have past).

Also it seems to me that essentially if one ruler is in detriment, ie. 'really interested in another person' then they will always be in a bad situation :-? How do you differentiate?
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "That was fckn awesome!!"

Hi,

I think you are correct in what you say as per my first response.

"Still, I had a wee peak at this chart, just the same. The first comment I would like to make, if I may, is that when one of the parties in a relationship question is right over on the opposite cusp this means of course that this person is very much governed by the other, has strong feelings for them and would certainly be willing to go out of their way for the other party. By definition, though, this places that person's planet in detriment, so I'm not too sure how much attention should be paid to that debility - apart from in the sense that you might 'put yourself out' for another person in such a case."

If your 'heart is ruled by someone else' then yes, you will put yourself out for that person and since the balance of power in relationships never seems to be completely even, it is likely that they will perhaps not return the favours!!

:-cry
Susan,
Edinburgh.
www.horaryqueen.co.uk