A client once asked me a horary question regarding job. His significator was in 5th house and was almost stationary conjunct Mars and Venus (L5). I told him that the was suffering from sexual fatigue (L1 almost stationary in 5th) as a result of 'Sex addiction'. In my opinion 5th house in one way or the other is relevant in sexual addiction.

Another thing of importance is to determine the 'Sexual Addiction'. Is it physical interest in the act with satisfying a partner or just a person who gropes and makes life hell for every body.

People have different levels of appetite. Some people are above average and some are average/below average. A clear and agreed definition of sexual addiction from an astrological point of view. It is also imperative to separate it from people who brag a lot about their conquests (Cassanova)
Regards

Morpheus

https://horusastropalmist.wordpress.com/

Giacomo Casanova's birth time uncertain

Good morning,

May one mention that, according to the Astro Databank, the Rodden rating of Signor Giacomo Casanova's birth time is 'DD' which means 'conflicting, unverified'? Astrological analyses based thereon might well be conjectural and speculative.

An underlying question is which astrological 'house', if any, (the application of which depends on the house system selected - amongst 20 or so to choose from in many computer astrology programmes) is most indicative of sexual behaviour. As we can read in Ms Deborah Houlding's paper on topical place divisions elsewhere at this site, the noted Hellenistic astrologer Klaudios Ptolomaios practically did not use 'houses'.

Senator Julius Firmicus Maternus as well as several Mediaeval astrologers like Masha'Allah (see ex. gr. 'Persian Nativities, Volume I', pages 134 and following, translation by Dr. B. Dykes) list sexual behaviour as a seventh rather than a fifth place topic.

Best regards,

lihin
Non esse nihil non est.

Re: Giacomo Casanova's birth time uncertain

lihin wrote:
Senator Julius Firmicus Maternus as well as several Mediaeval astrologers like Masha'Allah (see ex. gr. 'Persian Nativities, Volume I', pages 134 and following, translation by Dr. B. Dykes) list sexual behaviour as a seventh rather than a fifth place topic.
If having sex with someone is a 7th house relationship activity, how shall we describe having a game of tennis with someone?

If an activity is indulged in for joy, pleasure and delight and also for procreation, how does it end up in the 7th house?

Geoffrey

Vivent les diff?rences !

Good afternoon,

As mentioned occasionally, there is often no consensus on the number and meanings of basic astrological symbols, not only from one period and culture to the next, but also within the same culture and period. The existence, number, boundaries and basic delineations of the topical places (houses) are salient examples of such essential differences.

In my humble experience there is no easy way towards 'astrological salvation'. Open-mindedness, diligence and perseverance are required to assess to what extent, if any, the various authors have been coherent within their own 'systems'. Then one tests the coherent sets of symbols and their definitions on sufficiently large randomly selected samples with reliable event times.

Most Hellenistic and Mediaeval astrologers who applied twelve-place, counter-clockwise systems of topical places (houses) often differed in their basic delineations from many contemporary authors concerning the meanings of the fifth, seventh, eighth and others, in particular about the assignment of sexual behaviour to a place or places, the subject of this thread.

There are also some differences concerning the 'natural significators' involved.

Best regards,

lihin
Non esse nihil non est.

So the sexual activity is 5th house or 7th house...

I hope its not difficult to verify from the actual experience...

In my experience its 5th house in Horary....
In Natal it gets interesting...

Afflicted Sun...(ability to challenge established authority)
Mars Jupiter opposition...(ability to challenge norms)
Mars (either too strong or too weak)...
7th house weak (inability to form or sustain long term relationships)...
5th house prominent in progressions and Transits
Node in 5th or 7th house...

Triggered by Progressions and Transits...

Plus a lot of spare time...a position of authority :lol:
Regards

Morpheus

https://horusastropalmist.wordpress.com/

Useful Overview

Good afternoon,

For a useful but brief overview of the meanings that have historically been assigned to topical places, but excluding Indian astrology (why? it is, like Hellenistic, horoscopic), during various periods, see Ms Deborah Houlding's book The Houses Temples of the Sky.

In my humble opinion, India is traditionally not really astrologically separate from more Western lands. There has been a long documented astrological interchange between India and these, ex. gr. Abu'l Rayhan Muhammad ibn Ahmad Al-Biruni who lived several years in India, learned Sanskrit and reported several Indian astrological methods in his The Book of Instruction in the Elements of the Art of Astrology. The astrological cultural borders are mainly between India and lands permeated with Chinese civilisation on the one hand and between Europe and pre-colonial Central America on the other.

The differences between traditional Indian and Hellenistic astrologies compared to modern Western astrology are, methinks, fewer and less important than those between the latter and both of the former. Due to its pervasive permeation by Abrahamic monotheistic theologies in contrast to both Indian and Hellenistic astrologies, Mediaeval astrology has a distinctly different cultural 'flavour'. See for example the thread on the 3rd 'House of the Goddess'. However, Mediaeval astrology developed horary techniques more than any other period.

Best regards,

lihin
Non esse nihil non est.