Will I get a big account this year?

With not much new business having come in this year, I asked this question at 10:54 a.m. EST or 14:54 Univ. Time on October 21, 2004 at 71w04, 42n22 (Brighton, MA, USA). I realize that it is almost the end of the year, but what the heck. The year isn't over 'til it's over.

As far as I can tell, the quesitor is represented by Jupiter and is not aspecting the quesited Saturn at all. I am taking the first and second houses respectively to represent this, but maybe I should have looked instead to the 10th and 11th houses respectively? Money coming into the business? I thought not, but please correct me if you see it differently.

The moon is separating a trine with Jupiter. Hmmm.... Looks like something is just passing by. Something good. Jupiter is also in the 10th house in Libra and 2 degrees past a conjunction with the MC. Also good, yes? But in the past?

The moon is approaching a square with Mercury. Mercury is in the 11th house in Scorpio. The square will be exact in 2 degrees, and I am planning a seminar in a bit less than two weeks. Not sure how many people will show up, or if any business will come of the seminar. Since it is a square I don't feel confident.

The moon is also about to trine mars and conjunct Neptune. Mars is in the 10th house but Libra. Not happy. Neptune is in Aquarius in the 2nd house. Moon and Neptune, am I dreaming up this new account? A bit of a fantasy? Moon/Mars, am I too overly emotional about all this? Too determined?

The Sun is on the edge of the 10th house and touching the 11th within 1.5 degrees. So I am putting the Sun in the 11th house, and I like it there. But I am not crazy about Pluto in my first house in Sag, with a Quincunx (I think) to Saturn in the 8th. Now Saturn the quesited in the 8th I like, because the 8th is other people's money, and I manage other people's money for a living. But Saturn is in Cancer. Not a good sign for Saturn.

Jupiter is leaving the trine with the moon and also leaving a semi-sextile with Mercury. Jupiter is in the 10th and Mercury is in the 11th. Going with the 10th and 11th I show the Sun as querent and Venus as quesited also in semi-sextile. Not horary aspects but significant maybe.

I interpret this as showing that a big account is coming, but not this year. Some seeds have been and will be planted, but the close is still off in the future.

All comments are appreciated, as I may be all wet with this one.

Thanks,

Debra

Hi,

Haven't looked at your chart but just some general comments for you to apply.

Firstly, I'd want to know what sort of business you had.

You are always shown by the ascendant and its ruler and, if 'still available' the Moon is co-ruler.

Your 'customers' would generally be shown by 7th house and it is their money you are after - shown by 8th.

There may be a case for looking at other houses too - for example if you were selling 'knowledge' of some sort then the state of that knowledge would be shown by 9th house; how much your customers like that knowledge would be shown by the receptions - i.e. how is the 9th house ruler received by the 7th? If you are selling 'creativity' this would be shown by the 5th house and the money from that would be 6th. I wouldn't get stuck on looking for this but observe and see if anything is there that the cosmos is leaping out to tell you about - if not then you can probably safely ignore these houses and look to the 7th and 8th. Also the business is the 10th and your business acumen will show here - as you say 11th will show the money coming from the actual business, but still you need customers to give you the money so 7th is v important.

Also is there any change about to happen with respect to all/any of these houses - either by strength or by change in reception? An important one here is the 2nd house - this is your money and if you got a big contract and your personal finances were likely to change because of this then you might expect 2nd house to get 'better' by essential or accidental dignity.

Good luck - hope you make a fortune!
Susan,
Edinburgh.
www.horaryqueen.co.uk

Thank you Horary Queen for your response and your well-wishes. If I ever make a fortune I would give most of it away, and wouldn't that be fun!

I looked at the chart again. The AC is Sag and Jupiter is right on the MC cusp at 5 degrees Lib in the 10th. (The MC is 3 deg Libra) The 7th house is Gemini with Mercury in 9 degrees Scorp in the 11th house. The second house is Cap.

The 8th house is Cancer and the Moon is in the 2nd house in 7 degrees Aquar. And Saturn is sitting at 27 degrees in the 8th house in Cancer.

The Moon is just two degrees from having trined Jup. (I may have met the potential client recently, about 2 weeks ago.) Now I'm getting optimistic.

I don't think the other houses apply since I basically manage other people's money for a living. I sell myself and my knowledge, true, but in my job it's mostly a matter of trust.

I think when I first looked at the chart I was so overly analytic, which I am wont to be anyway, that as usual I overcomplicated things. With your help I simplified things and got a more positive answer. I hope it's right!

Thanks again. :D
Debra

Asc. ruler on MC sounds good - although Peregrine, but when it gets to 11 it'll be in its own terms, so perhaps shows you not feeling very strong but about to become fairly strong.

8th house ruler in 2nd is absolutely 'text book spot on' for other people's money coming to you. :lala When I saw the 2nd house ruler in 8th my initial reaction was 'oh no, she's spending as much money to get the same amount back' :-sk but then I was relieved to see that your skill (2nd house as well as your money) is concerning other people's money (8th house), so this placement is merely an illustration of the chart describing the situation - ah, so comforting, I like when this happens!

You say there will be a square to Mercury perfecting in 2 degrees. A square can perhaps cause delays, setbacks, troubles, difficulties but does not stop things from happening. This is a good sign but just means you may have to work a bit on some of your potential clients - they are not going to come leaping out of the air begging you for business with a square. An opposition would be a very negative indication as the planets are then completely irreconcilable.

Keep us informed how you get on and good luck with the seminar.
Susan,
Edinburgh.
www.horaryqueen.co.uk

Thank you Horary Queen! My seminar was this evening and about 25 people showed up. I guess I did well because they all applauded me afterwards. They had a lot of questions for me. That is always where I shine the most. Now we shall wait and see if I get them as clients. These things never come easy, but then, would I enjoy it so much if it did?
Debra

Hi,

Probably not, Debra. A bit of a struggle is what gives us a sense of pride and achievement and makes us feel ever so pleased with ourselves.

I'm glad you got a good turnout and had lots of interest at your seminar - I hope it turns into something.
Susan,
Edinburgh.
www.horaryqueen.co.uk

Dear Horary Queen (and anyone else out there, too)

Well, the seminar has since turned up some business, and things are looking so much better now.

I did a chart on 11/11 here in Brighton, MA, USA at 9:30 p.m. EST and asked if I would get a certain account. I kept to what I had learned about horary, and saw that the ascendant was ruled by the sun, and the seventh and eighth house were both ruled by Saturn. The sun and Saturn were approaching a trine to be perfected in 7 days. Well, today, seven days later I got the account. Also, part of fortune was in the first house as well. This was actually all I saw in the chart. So I left it at that and was so glad when the potential client emailed me last evening asking me to call him today (about another matter) and I boldly told him I wanted the account, made my case, and he agreed!

Going back to the first chart, it isn't a huge account right now but will be in a month or two because so much money is coming in.

Anyway, just a little update. Now I need to go back and look at my natal chart to see why good things are starting to happen in both my personal and my business life.

Thank you.
Debra