Comments on role of Moon?

I have been struggling with classical reception since starting with Frawley. The question asked here was "Should I write my ex a letter?" I am Mars in the 10th,leaving a square with L7, retro Venus in Gemini. I realize there is no classical reception because of lack of a friendly aspect, but in terms of dignities, both planets receive eachother. My question is about the role of the moon, and its aspects and positioning. Is it just me in the third house signifying my desire to write the letter? Or is it performing some other chore by aspecting L1 and translating to JUpiter in the 7th, possibly? The moon in this chart also rules his 3rd house of communications, thoughts, etc. What can you tell me?Thanks.

Hi Lakewind,

When you ask a "Should I...?" question you must give it some context. It is better to rephrase the question in some measurable term.

How do you measure the "should?"

What to you expect of him? What would you like to receive from him? Do you expect to re-kiddle any feelings in him? Or are you just checking on him as a friend? Do you want to know if he will be receptive to you? What makes you want to write to him? What do you want exactly?

Lakewind wrote:[...] The question asked here was "Should I write my ex a letter?" My question is about the role of the moon, and its aspects and positioning. Is it just me in the third house signifying my desire to write the letter? Or is it performing some other chore by aspecting L1 and translating to JUpiter in the 7th, possibly? The moon in this chart also rules his 3rd house of communications, thoughts, etc.
Even though I agree with dastars that more context would be fine, I try to understand the role of the Moon.
She is indeed translating the light of Mars (you) to Saturn, as you wrote, Saturn who is Lord of the third and thus significator of letters. With Moon in the third you really seem to be willing to write. But Saturn being in 12th, this is perhapst he off, your letter, when written and sent at all, would end in. Or does it mean the letter never written?
Even without knowing what you want of your former partner: by your letter you want to reach him, so any positive connection between Mars, the Moon or Saturn should be given with Venus. But there is none with the exception of the square Sun-Mars. But if the Sun as a Significator of him is valid at all: there is no mutuall reception between Mars and the sun helping this square to perfect the matter.

Johannes

Johannes, I think you hit the nail on the head, in that the letter will never be written. I really do know I should not contact this guy, because of potential problems for everyone concerned. Being a very obsessive type Cancerian, I keep going back and wondering lol
The letter would have been sent as a pretext to further explain a personal failing of mine which caused the break-up. I say "pre-text" because I was intending to send with it some information regarding a new local clinic offering a new treatment modality for a certain illness both his wife and I suffer from. Don't be aghast that he has a wife- she has left him for extended periods of time. I noted that Saturn ruled the 3rd, but I see also it's significator may represent the spouse, as Frawley indicated, "the cheated " spouse and I see the moon in saturn as weak and under the control of the significator. The trine from the moon to Jupiter has no significance at all becaue of the interruption of Saturn?
My horary was a genuine question because I meant it at the time, but I always wait to reconsider before I act.
Re June 6, I edited a former post because no one could answer my query about the missing horary I wanted to look at. This horary was cast on June 6.
Thanks all. I think I am getting a little better at this, due to everyone's comments.