You want the job because you want the job, not because you want THEIR job. I would therefore just use the 10th. The fact that someone else happens to occupy that role currently is, presumably, just sideline data. You're not actively trying to get their job, regardless of what their job is, you're trying to get this particularly role who they just happen by chance to be occupying currently.

Thanks Paul

I figured as much. Someone from another forum emailed with "will i get so-n-so's job?" wasn't sure how to even look at it.

I was looking at 1/7/10 just on "who gets the job?"

Thanks
CD

Re: 10 or 4th? Job question

cosmicdolphin wrote:Hey Skyscripters

I got a quick question. Let's say you want someone's job and want to see if the job will be available, shall the questor take 10th house (jobs in general) or 4th (derived 10th from 7th - to fit a question like "will i get his/her/their job?")

thanks
CD
you could also look at the derived 10th from 7th, if it is weak and afflicted, they will lose their job.

I think Paul has got it. As in the current trend in the USA because of outsourcing, there appears to be over a thousand applicants for most positions.

It's the position that is sought disregarding who wants it or presently has it.

Clinton Garrett Soule