Hi Taurus7

I see your point :lol: I am stepping back and going to absorb what everyone has said. I'm still learning and you cleared up the point about the trine of Venus to Neptune, I was not thinking of Venus (me, the woman) as having "illusions" (rather than deceiving) myself about him. I was thinking that the aspect softened a characteristic of him, but he is a sweetie.

What about the Sun (representing the man) applying to trine with Saturn? The Sun would be in his 10th house so would that relate personally to him as possible career/job satisfaction in the long run? I'm on a fishing expedition as I'm trying to learn how to read the horary.

For all who have given me many things to ponder I will briefly state our relationship as it now is.

He and I met 3 years ago and a friendship formed instantly. We are mature in age and not inclined to rush into anything without due consideration, at least not so far. Our friendship has been very close and personal, meaning we have talked about very personal things from the past and confide in each other comfortably. We are single and there are no children or domestic problems, a big plus.

BUT, and this might be why the horary is what it is: shortly after we met and started talking he said, "I'm a confirmed bachelor." (He was married once in his late 20's, which didn't last long, and was heartbreaking for him). I had to laugh when he said that and I said, "ok, so, what else is there, Mr. Ego Man." Thus, our friendship has flurished ever since :lol:

For Ben: I am an astrologer and know both our charts as well as the synastry between us. We are very compatible and much of the synastry has shown to be right on. He does not know what the synastry indicates. Things he has told me fit his natal chart very well and, so far, no surprises. I have not read his chart to him.

I asked this horary question because our friendship is so strong I couldn't help wondering if he might change his mind about staying a bachelor. So, far as I can tell from everyone's comments, the way Saturn is positioned, there are still issues he is dealing with. I will keep the status quo and wait and see what the Sun and Moon aspects to Saturn might bring.

Thank you all for your help, any other comments, now that you know some background, would greatly be appreciated.

MarG

Re: (An opps, I need to fix the time for my posts)

I don't understand why a "chameleon-like" factor in the description of the quesited would be made even more certain by the antiscion of the Sun sitting on Neptune. Is it because the antiscion (like sextile/trine) makes it more so :?
Hi MarG,
my understanding of antiscia is that such a contact describes either
a) a situation that comes about somewhat indirectly or surreptitiously, or:
b) a somewhat "shadowey" element to a person from a descriptive point of view.

The Sun here is your primary significator. This suggests to me that there may be a certain amount of distortion in the way that you see "A". Neptune has a somewhat idealistic quality anyway, and the antiscion contact would, I believe, re-enforce that quality. Also, in any relationship question the Sun holds a general description of the man concerned, so from both points of interpretation we get the shadowy, surreptitious, "morphing" element.
I have read that Venus is used in horaries of marriage/love and Venus is in own sign, albeit in cadent house, but is in partile trine to Neptune and applying to trine of the 7th cusp. Wouldn't that add a positive note to, as you said, a more "altruistic or artistic" nature?
Yes it would, but having said that we cannot ignore the fact that his significator is in its detriment and in a "malefic" house. People are always a mixture of many different descriptive elements, and the fact that his sig is in the house of subterfuge suggests that there is something about him that may be hidden from your view. The 12th is the turned 6th so it may have nothing to do with his character at all - it may be a health issue, and perhaps when the Sun completes its trine to Saturn that will come to light.
Looking forward for more :)
Well your significator applies to his by good aspect, and Lilly says that when such a condition obtains " the querent will have [her] desire, yet with many petitions, solicitations and prayers.." [ C.A. 302 ] Link that to Aphorism 12 on page 299 and you have your answer.

I would keep an eye on the application by sextile of the Moon to Saturn though, as this occurs first. Even though the Moon is your co-sig, she rules the 12th and Saturn sits there. It's a mutual application, as Saturn is retrograde and also applies to the Moon, so this situation will emerge suddenly.
There are 6 degrees to perfection, the Moon is slow and Saturn is cadent, so my advice to you is make no major decisions or commitments for at least 6 months.
--
Pete

Re: (An opps, I need to fix the time for my posts)

Pete, Deb and many other astute astrologers in this forum tried to make me understand the blunder of my ways - Pete was starting to think I was a hopeless case!!!! (-----I still remember that comment of yours - Sir Peter... :wink: ). But thanks to his common-sense (albeit "heartless" at the time) responses to my posts, I think (or hope) I'm much more objective about my horaries at this point in time.
:) You were literally inches away from being a hopeless case, T. :) It was beginning to feel like trying to pull teeth with rubber tweezers. I was praying that your Sag' moon would see the wisdom of the arguments but all I was hearing was your Taurean Sun saying "yes but...yes but....", and the sound of my hand slapping my forehead :lol:
Good to see that Sag Moon of yours finally winning the battle :'
==
[ Sir] Pete ;)

Pete wrote:
I agree with Pete (as he is agreeing with me....).
You mean you wouldn't if I didn't? :shock: :)
==
Pete
How could I possibly not? I would even if you didn't and then you would anyway....
----------Sir Peter
:wink:

Darn, I can't figure out how to do the "quote." :???: Could someone help on how to do this...thanks.

Pete: Your comment regarding the 12th is the turned 6th falls into place if consided not a part of character but as a health issue. He does have a health issue but he told me about it a long time ago?!

I :) when I read what you said about the Sun being the general description of the "man" concerned....i.e., shadowy, surreptitious, "morphing" element. That's a fair description of him considering his natal Sun-Moon combination. Knowing his natal chart has been a plus.

The advice from all is well taken about waiting to see what transpires, especially regarding the Moon and Sun contacts. In the meantime I'm enjoying the close friendship he and I have.

Thanks to all who responded to my question. It has been a great learning lesson, this being my first horary, and I see I have much more to learn regarding interpretation, not to mention all the rules one has to follow, so back to more studying.

MarG